Risen Movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Risen Movie
They just keep on making these movies. Anyone seen the trailer yet?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 09:20 AM
RE: Risen Movie
(04-02-2016 09:14 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  They just keep on making these movies. Anyone seen the trailer yet?

Sorry I only watch more realistic stuff so sticking to Batman V Superman thanks. This is just too far fetched for me.
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
04-02-2016, 10:13 AM
I have to say it's one of the more interesting looking ones and Joseph Fiennes Drooling It does irritate me that they are emphasizing through the eyes of a "nonbeliever" because you know in the end he is going to become a believer *eye roll* I also didn't like the whole subtle Pascal's Wager thing "What if I'm wrong on where I will spend eternity" or whatever he said exactly. This movie will only serve to strengthen the Christian mindset that they are right and we are wrong. Magic is the answer--see even Hollywood says so Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-02-2016, 10:50 AM
This is about bread, right?

[Image: muffins-cauliflower-soup-bread-bella-129.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-02-2016, 11:37 AM
I love how they assume a fuss was made when no one gave a shit for many decades -- not to mention forgot about it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-02-2016, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 12:12 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
(04-02-2016 11:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love how they assume a fuss was made when no one gave a shit for many decades -- not to mention forgot about it.

IKR? This is something that Richard Carrier pointed out when he did his Skepticon talk. This seems based on Acts but this behavior by the Romans seems like nothing like what the book says. The Romans didn't give a shit. Not that many christians would notice this though considering how few actually read the book. He gets to this at 13:00.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post