Roah, roah roah!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Roah, roah roah!
(20-08-2016 01:57 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's a good thing to hear. It would be better if being born wouldn't make one member of the church though.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hey, the Mormons join people to their church after they're dead.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
19-04-2017, 10:10 PM
(19-04-2017 03:41 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 01:57 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's a good thing to hear. It would be better if being born wouldn't make one member of the church though.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hey, the Mormons join people to their church after they're dead.
Other sects may do it differently but not only Mormons claims deathbed conversions.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-04-2017, 10:57 PM
(19-04-2017 10:10 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-04-2017 03:41 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Hey, the Mormons join people to their church after they're dead.
Other sects may do it differently but not only Mormons claims deathbed conversions.

Mormons baptize dead people. They're special.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-04-2017, 03:05 PM
(19-04-2017 01:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  Why doesn't government cease funding Norwegian church altogether, let it go bankrupt (along with all the other religious whackos) and turn the churches into museums?

Because of the tremendous power the Norwegian church has politically. We have a democracy and they have so few voting for them, that they get what we call "equalizing mandates"

The popular vote would give them only 2 seats in parliament, therefore they get at least get 5 seats more (for loosing the election).
When parliament is divided 45 - 55, "Democracy's curse*" has a field day!

When we amended our constitution and separated the church from state they managed, as a part of the bargain to include in the constitution that our values are based upon our christian heritage. (Christening Norway by the sword, burning witches, executing blasphemers and heretics . Also, our monarch must be a christian!).

I beg your pardon for the rant, but it sure feels goodSmile

* Christianity.
[+] 1 user Likes thonord's post
20-04-2017, 11:55 PM
(20-04-2017 03:05 PM)thonord Wrote:  
(19-04-2017 01:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  Why doesn't government cease funding Norwegian church altogether, let it go bankrupt (along with all the other religious whackos) and turn the churches into museums?

Because of the tremendous power the Norwegian church has politically. We have a democracy and they have so few voting for them, that they get what we call "equalizing mandates"

The popular vote would give them only 2 seats in parliament, therefore they get at least get 5 seats more (for loosing the election).
When parliament is divided 45 - 55, "Democracy's curse*" has a field day!

When we amended our constitution and separated the church from state they managed, as a part of the bargain to include in the constitution that our values are based upon our christian heritage. (Christening Norway by the sword, burning witches, executing blasphemers and heretics . Also, our monarch must be a christian!).

I beg your pardon for the rant, but it sure feels goodSmile

* Christianity.

The writing will be on the wall for them soon. All this useless expenditure in favour of an institution without popular support - people will get pissed off soon, especially with the ridiculousness of including *any* religion in the funding scheme. Would be fun to see what would happen if someone registered the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.