Robert Mugabe: The Zimbabwe revolution continues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Robert Mugabe: The Zimbabwe revolution continues.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/06/05/z...continues/

Zimbabwe is one of few african countries not entrenched with imperialist interests, corporations, military "advisors", military bases or drone bases. Zimbabwe has been very successful at it's decades long process of unwinding the grip of imperialism without shocking the economy and causing disruption, the result is a very successful AND independent nation.

Read and be angry...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: Robert Mugabe: The Zimbabwe revolution continues.
Remind me again what happens to anyone he doesnt like?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
05-06-2013, 09:53 AM
(05-06-2013 09:15 AM)I and I Wrote:  http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/06/05/z...continues/

Zimbabwe is one of few african countries not entrenched with imperialist interests, corporations, military "advisors", military bases or drone bases. Zimbabwe has been very successful at it's decades long process of unwinding the grip of imperialism without shocking the economy and causing disruption, the result is a very successful AND independent nation.

Read and be angry...

It is interesting that you admire psychopaths.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 09:59 AM
(05-06-2013 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 09:15 AM)I and I Wrote:  http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/06/05/z...continues/

Read and be angry...

It is interesting that you admire psychopaths.

Its interesting that you define psychopath as someone that wants to be independent of corporate control and imperialist control as if someone who does want their country to be overrun by foreign governments and corporations is sane?
05-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Of course he wants to kick them out, he doesn't want any competition in subjugating his own people.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
05-06-2013, 10:08 AM
(05-06-2013 09:59 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  It is interesting that you admire psychopaths.

Its interesting that you define psychopath as someone that wants to be independent of corporate control and imperialist control as if someone who does want their country to be overrun by foreign governments and corporations is sane?

That's not how I define psychopath.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 10:22 AM
(05-06-2013 10:08 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Of course he wants to kick them out, he doesn't want any competition in subjugating his own people.

How does Robert Mugabe subjugate his own people? by increasing their wealth and livelihood?

I love the regurgitation of talking points, but can you guys give any substantial complaint against Robert Mugabe? I am assuming you guys don't know zimbabwe from a hole in brittany spears, so prove me wrong and make a complaint about his rule.
05-06-2013, 10:40 AM
I and I, I personally needed no link to the story as Counterpunch is generally the first or second site I visit after waking, I had read the article (more properly skimmed) before you posted. Being retired the get up and go to work thing is over.

Mugabe may make the correct noises. He should resist the imposition of sanctions by former colonial powers intended to continue to assert their control. His land reform policies were a necessary act to remove one of the vestiges of colonial rule, he also did this with a heavy and sometimes violent hand.

He has also remained the primary political power in a supposedly democratic country for more than 30 years, that at best indicates hubris. At worst it implies corruption and violence against opponents, if it does not necessarily prove it.

No one should retain political power for as long as he has. It implies a love of power that is corrupting and counter to the good of the people. No matter how principled the reasons for retaining power may be.
[+] 3 users Like JAH's post
05-06-2013, 02:13 PM
I personally think that when he forced white farmers of their land and have it to veterans he was within his rights. Doing so in a way that triggered hyper inflation and turned the food bowl of Africa into an inefficient subsistence economy? Uh, I think his governance skills need work.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
05-06-2013, 02:46 PM

Read and be angry...

Obviously they are successful, they have Trillion dollar bills. The sign over every good economy...oh wait, it isn't.

Get a subscription to the Economist.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post