Robert Mugabe: The Zimbabwe revolution continues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: Robert Mugabe: The Zimbabwe revolution continues.
Within his rights ? He did it without any regard for rule of law or anything. The land needed to be redistributed, but he didn't redistribute it because he liked the people. He did it because he was losing popularity. It was pure demagoguery, playing to the crowd. It was not done with any orderly fashion, it was not planned, it was simply a case of one of his henchmen seeing a well run, profitable farm and deciding to help themselves, in the name of "giving the land back to the people".

He has *turned* Zimbabwe from being one of the strongest economies in Africa to a fucking basket case. There are plenty of articles on the total economic disaster that is Mugabe's land reform policy.

The only reason anything works in Zimbabwe is people working *around* the government. The government is one of the purest and most naked kleptocracies that has ever existed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Mugabe didnt force anyone off land. What rules did Mugabe put in place for farmers? He enacted the same rules that are applied in Europe. That's right, Mugabe mandated the same European rules on how large a piece of land can be regarding agriculture.
05-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Zimbabwe is one of the strongest economies in Africa. Speaking of basket cases, how has Libya turned out after the west decided to shit on a nation? Right
05-06-2013, 04:03 PM
(05-06-2013 03:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  Zimbabwe is one of the strongest economies in Africa.

That might just be one of the most ignorant statements you have ever made.

They suffered the second worst case of hyperinflation in history, almost all the hospitals had to be shutdown at one point, the cities suffered from horrendous sanitation problems with no fixes in sight, but since since he succeeded in fighting off Western control, the economy is therefore successful? Yeah, right, definitely worth it.

Zimbabwe is a fucking hopeless mess right now in terms of its economy, they are so fucked right now that the US coming in and shoving its pecker down their throats would barely make difference, and that should tell you something considering that the US lassoing economic control over a nation is general bad enough news on its own.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
05-06-2013, 04:11 PM
(05-06-2013 03:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  Zimbabwe is one of the strongest economies in Africa.

Ah I see you just make shit up to suit your warped view of the world. Carry on.
05-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Putting II on ignore is the best thing ever! You get to read what people say to him but don't have to suffer through the wah, wah, wah, wah, wah that comes directly from him. A much more pleasant browsing experience.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
05-06-2013, 08:26 PM
By ignoring my question i will assume that you are aware of what mugabe does to those who speak out against him. And have chosen to ignore it as it undermines your entire argument about him being a nice guy?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
05-06-2013, 08:50 PM
(05-06-2013 08:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  By ignoring my question i will assume that you are aware of what mugabe does to those who speak out against him. And have chosen to ignore it as it undermines your entire argument about him being a nice guy?

Doesn't that make you a conspiracy theorist? because when I bring up stuff like that, governments implementing assassination policies, drone strikes etc etc that seems to make me a conspiracy theorist.
06-06-2013, 02:07 AM
They didn't bother to hide it. Funny thing, opposition to Mugabe's government tended to result in unpleasant things happening to you, up until recently. There were many within his own party that he did away with, such as Chenjerai "Hitler" Hunzvi, Border Gezi and others - those were the ones who started getting too popular - more than him - or thought they were powerful enough to do their own thing. Of his political opponents the MDC lost many capable leaders, often through kidnapping. Many people were tortured. This is documented. There's no conspiracy.