Robertson: God gives fewer miracles to ‘too-educated Americans’ who learn science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Robertson: God gives fewer miracles to ‘too-educated Americans’ who learn science
Good ol' Pat never ceases to amuse me!
The video is just priceless. God bless you Pat for making me laugh, again.

-----------------------------
Televangelist Pat Robertson on Monday explained to his viewers that “sophisticated” Americans received less miracles because they had learned “things that says God isn’t real” like evolution.

On Monday’s episode of CBN’s The 700 Club, Robertson responded to a viewer who wanted to know why “amazing miracles (people raised from the dead, blind eyes open, lame people walking) happen with great frequency in places like Africa, and not here in the USA?”

“People overseas didn’t go to Ivy League schools,” the TV preacher laughed. “We’re so sophisticated, we think we’ve got everything figured out. We know about evolution, we know about Darwin, we know about all these things that says God isn’t real.”

“We have been inundated with skepticism and secularism,” he conintued. “And overseas, they’re simple, humble. You tell ‘em God loves ‘em and they say, ‘Okay, he loves me.’ You say God will do miracles and they say, ‘Okay, we believe him.’”

“And that’s what God’s looking for. That’s why they have miracles.”

Watch this video from CBN via Right Wing Watch, broadcast April 1, 2013.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/01/ro...n-science/

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
03-04-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Robertson: God gives fewer miracles to ‘too-educated Americans’ who learn science
Pat should sell all his possessions and take his flock to live with him where the "miracles" happen.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-04-2013, 06:46 PM
RE: Robertson: God gives fewer miracles to ‘too-educated Americans’ who learn science
(03-04-2013 06:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Pat should sell all his possessions and take his flock to live with him where the "miracles" happen.

So then Pat Robbertson agrees with us. A good education would cure all the hoodoo mumbo jumbo.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-04-2013, 10:19 PM
I find his honesty rather refreshing, even if his perspective is awful.

Does anyone else find it horrifying that people like this want the world to slide back into antiquity? It frequently astounds me how much people like this want the world to return to a darker, more ignorant age. It further bothers me that their ideas are so archaic, that they would prosper under such circumstances. That ought to be some sort of red flag that one's ideas need a twenty first century update.

I am not surprised at all that he looks at Africa as a more religiously promising nation. The ignorance and poverty of Africa is religion's wet dream! It is the perfect hunting ground for obtaining ignorant souls to bolster the ranks of god.

Religion, rather than acting as a symbol of truth or justice, merely acts as a symbol of human gullibility and stupidity. Surely no race of beings with any real intelligence would concoct such drivel.
[+] 2 users Like Prometheus762's post
03-04-2013, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2013 11:25 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Of course people on the African continent are more susceptible to God, religion is a wonderful tool for the impoverished masses to concoct a sliver of hope in their shitty lives (and therefore, easier for the rulers to manipulate and control them). Quite frankly, from my perspective, unless that fucker manages to give them the miracle of abolishing malaria, AIDS, famine, ethnic cleansing, poverty, corruption, political oppression, and exploitation, he ain't worth giving praise too. Then again, if he actually granted the wishes of millions of starving, disease ridden individuals, allowing them to live healthy, prosperous lives.......no reason to look to religion anymore and worship his almighty ass.

God's formula: Worship and praise>>>>>>>>>mitigating suffering. He knows which net-return produces the best value for him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-04-2013, 12:30 AM
Robertson is the black hole of humanity, unexplainable, assertions are unprovable, and his beliefs about things are totally based on faith and baseless assertions.

Whats next? This buffoon makes the assertion that once there was nothing then all of the sudden some magical event took place where matter just came from nothing by the help of this magical event.

Creationists and their similar ilk are very funny.
04-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Well. They do get more miracles down there if they don't make a pact with the devil. If the latter, God gives em earthquakes.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Wouldn't westerners becoming more educated and rejecting God be a reason for more miracles? In the Bible stories, God did all kinds of crazy stuff just to prove points to people. So, why the flip flop of providing evidence to those who don't need it, and hiding it from those who do? Senility?

I'd like to see a miracle. If God gave me a good one, I'd believe in him. Instead he shows me nothing, and created the universe in such a way that the only logical conclusion is that he doesn't exist. Either he wants us to not believe, or he isn't very smart.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 4 users Like Elesjei's post
04-04-2013, 09:55 AM
(04-04-2013 09:01 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  Wouldn't westerners becoming more educated and rejecting God be a reason for more miracles? In the Bible stories, God did all kinds of crazy stuff just to prove points to people. So, why the flip flop of providing evidence to those who don't need it, and hiding it from those who do? Senility?

I'd like to see a miracle. If God gave me a good one, I'd believe in him. Instead he shows me nothing, and created the universe in such a way that the only logical conclusion is that he doesn't exist. Either he wants us to not believe, or he isn't very smart.

That's the rub. Miracles don't happen. Anywhere -- things can perceived as a "miracle" but that's only based on limited knowledge. Mostly hearsay. Some doctor in a 3rd world country claims god healed someone because they didn't have medicine and the minions gobble it up and ask for seconds.

It's like when there is an earthquake and they pull that lone person out of the building and everyone cries that god spared them. Even the person "spared" wants to believe they're special. Or when there is a tornado that kills hundreds yet randomly spares some old lady in a trailer who said she was praying. Or it misses a church....

This is not proof of god...it's proof of luck. Angel

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-04-2013, 10:55 AM
(04-04-2013 09:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 09:01 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  Wouldn't westerners becoming more educated and rejecting God be a reason for more miracles? In the Bible stories, God did all kinds of crazy stuff just to prove points to people. So, why the flip flop of providing evidence to those who don't need it, and hiding it from those who do? Senility?

That's the rub. Miracles don't happen. Anywhere -- things can perceived as a "miracle" but that's only based on limited knowledge. Mostly hearsay. Some doctor in a 3rd world country claims god healed someone because they didn't have medicine and the minions gobble it up and ask for seconds.

It's like when there is an earthquake and they pull that lone person out of the building and everyone cries that god spared them. Even the person "spared" wants to believe they're special. Or when there is a tornado that kills hundreds yet randomly spares some old lady in a trailer who said she was praying. Or it misses a church....

This is not proof of god...it's proof of luck. Angel

All very good points. To which I'll add that if it is indeed true that there is a God and he does only reveal himself to those who already praise him.... that only speaks to the fact that he is an insufferable narcissist.

Would we respect a doctor who would only save the lives of those who agreed to shower him with praise?

Would we encourage a privileged child to demand praise from the other children before he allowed them to play in his sandbox?

I think not.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post