Robin Williams, beloved actor is dead.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Robin Williams, beloved actor is dead.
(11-08-2014 05:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Robin Williams, a comedian who brought us many funny and entertaining movies such as Mrs. Doubtfire and RV has died in an apparent suicide. He was 63. He suffered severe depression and I guess he couldn't handle it anymore Sad. RIP Robin, you will be truly missed.

More Info

ugh, all the divorce crap, getting raked over the coals financially couldn't have helped things either, than his tv show got canx.....I always liked robin williams, a comedic flavor all his own.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 06:51 PM
(11-08-2014 06:49 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 05:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Robin Williams, a comedian who brought us many funny and entertaining movies such as Mrs. Doubtfire and RV has died in an apparent suicide. He was 63. He suffered severe depression and I guess he couldn't handle it anymore Sad. RIP Robin, you will be truly missed.

More Info

ugh, all the divorce crap, getting raked over the coals financially couldn't have helped things either, than his tv show got canx.....I always liked robin williams, a comedic flavor all his own.

Yeah he seemed to be going through a rough patch and there will never be another like him.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." - Woody Allen
11-08-2014, 07:02 PM
None of us know why he did it.

Just because he liked to drink or because he also has depressive episodes doesn't mean that this is the reason why he killed himself.

He may have had totally rational, different reasons, like onset of Alzheimers or any physical infirmities. He wasn't some kid that got overwhelmed, he was 65. He had been balancing himself for a loooong time.

All these assumptions kind of pee me off, it's disrespectful. The man decided he wanted to leave permanently. Let's not second guess him.

He was a great comedian, he had lots of fun, he was able to reap the rewards for his work and enjoyed a good life. 65 years is a good run. Cheers, Robin!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-08-2014, 07:04 PM
(11-08-2014 06:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Robin Williams on his Black Dog - "It's not caused by anything, it's just there," he said. "It waits. It lays in wait for the time when you think, 'It's fine now, I'm OK.' Then, the next thing you know, it's not OK. Then you realize, 'Where am I? I didn't realize I was in Cleveland.'"

Black Dog broke out of its cage. R.I.P. Mork from Ork.

I think depression is even harder when you're a famous entertainer. People in "show business" can lose their perspective and it's harder to get any kind of balance back in their whirlwind of a life. Fame. It's not as fantastic as people think.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-08-2014, 07:05 PM
(11-08-2014 07:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  None of us know why he did it.

Just because he liked to drink or because he also has depressive episodes doesn't mean that this is the reason why he killed himself.

He may have had totally rational, different reasons, like onset of Alzheimers or any physical infirmities. He wasn't some kid that got overwhelmed, he was 65. He had been balancing himself for a loooong time.

All these assumptions kind of pee me off, it's disrespectful. The man decided he wanted to leave permanently. Let's not second guess him.

He was a great comedian, he had lots of fun, he was able to reap the rewards for his work and enjoyed a good life. 65 years is a good run. Cheers, Robin!

I agree with this

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." - Woody Allen
11-08-2014, 07:05 PM
So very sad. Sad

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing.
~ Edmund Burke
11-08-2014, 07:08 PM
(11-08-2014 07:05 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  So very sad. Sad

It is Sad he's made me laugh so many times and i've always enjoyed his movies.

11-08-2014, 07:31 PM
I can't wait for the illuminati killed him conspiracies.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
11-08-2014, 07:32 PM
God dammit. That guy was awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
11-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Still remember when I watched Jumanji in 1995.

Want something? Then do something.