Robin Williams, beloved actor is dead.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 09:03 AM
RE: Robin Williams, beloved actor is dead.
(17-08-2014 08:54 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 08:44 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Blizzard has confirmed he will be made into an NPC in World of Warcraft.

There are thoughtful, compassionate ways to remember someone...

... and then there's that.

Eesh.

He was an avid player, he called himself a wow junkie. I think it is appropriate.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 09:09 AM
(16-08-2014 06:45 PM)Sam Wrote:  You dunno what you got until it's gone...

Wish he could see all the outpouring of grief and love now...

How would that change that he was facing Parkinsons, heart disease, had to scrap all plans, professional and private ones, and settle into a world of physical decline, pain and helplessness without knowing when the pending death might hit?

I am quite sure he knew all about the publicity that would result, he has been around long enough to have witnessed this when other celebs die.

Some people, and among the younger folk probably most people, would settle into the bleak prospects he had. Others, not so much, I would choose the exit myself in his position. Whether people talk or cry when I die has no influence on my life, it would happen whether I died now or then. The quality of my life matters to me, however.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-08-2014, 03:14 PM
"Fuck the bastards who/that can't take a joke!" Bowing Thumbsup

Glad a man who thrived on the spontaneity of his humor, and had a mind that was unparalleled at coming up with the greatest ad libs of all time, right off the top of his head, didn't have to suffer through a loss of the very ability that made him who he was, along with the injustice of possibly forgetting the names of his very own loved ones!

I call 'nice dodge', Rob! RIP!

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
17-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Clearly humor is used all to often to hide real pain.

He was certainly talented, I feel bad for his family but am okay with him making his own choice considering his new diagnosis.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-08-2014, 03:34 PM
(17-08-2014 03:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Clearly humor is used all to often to hide real pain.

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/early/201...9.abstract

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
19-08-2014, 02:26 AM
Robin Williams, beloved actor is dead.
The discovery (for me) that he was an avid WoW player warms my heart. Makes me feel a little closer to him somehow. We shared something...separately.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
19-08-2014, 04:04 AM
(17-08-2014 03:34 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 03:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Clearly humor is used all to often to hide real pain.

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/early/201...9.abstract

I've been told that I could be a comedian by numerous people. I would love to take this test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Sucks that he is dead :/

I remember he was in the movie "Mrs.Doubtfire".
15-09-2014, 01:52 PM
(19-08-2014 02:26 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  The discovery (for me) that he was an avid WoW player warms my heart. Makes me feel a little closer to him somehow. We shared something...separately.

I suspect the man was an avid gamer period to be honest.

His daughters name is Zelda after all Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post