Robotic seeing eye dog

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 07:21 AM
Robotic seeing eye dog
At some point in the future, a scientist creates a robotic seeing eye dog that is able to sense the environment and aide blind people in navigating the busy streets of a large city.

A group of semi-intelligent theists borrow the design in an effort to see if the robotic dog can see god.
They reprogram the dog to bark when it sees god.
In the first test, the dog is completely silent for days. They walk the dog around the city and still it cannot sense any gods at all.

They add in some more code that says "god is everywhere."

When they turn the robotic dog on, it begins barking. Then it continues barking all day, until it's batteries run down. They recharge the batteries and the same thing happens. The dog just barks and barks wasting all of its energy.

One of the theists comments -"This dog is useless and a waste of time. Turn it back into an atheist."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
30-11-2015, 12:19 PM
RE: Robotic seeing eye dog
[Image: OpoQQ.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
30-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Its simply a small story showing that atheism is the default position and in order to bring a god into the mix, it must be programmed (aka brain washed).

And once you've been programmed to see god everywhere then it becomes a useless waste of time and energy.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
30-11-2015, 08:17 PM
You tease! I was promised robot dogs!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
30-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Those were awesome and scary, all in the same breath.

30-11-2015, 09:21 PM
A pretty robust stabilization system; it doesn't fall over when kicked. Pretty soon it could be attack of the drones.
30-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Been reading up on the development of military robots over the past couple years. I hope I'm in long enough to have some in my unit before I get too old and they kick my ass out. That would be awesome raiding villages on robot horses or something. That and lightsabres.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-11-2015, 10:08 PM
(30-11-2015 09:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Been reading up on the development of military robots over the past couple years. I hope I'm in long enough to have some in my unit before I get too old and they kick my ass out. That would be awesome raiding villages on robot horses or something. That and lightsabres.

Nope. Animal terminators only.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-12-2015, 12:18 AM
You missed the part of the story where other theists refuse to let it be reprogrammed, and instead take it on the talk show circuit as conclusive scientific proof of the existence of God.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
01-12-2015, 07:04 AM
(30-11-2015 05:12 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Its simply a small story showing that atheism is the default position and in order to bring a god into the mix, it must be programmed (aka brain washed).

And once you've been programmed to see god everywhere then it becomes a useless waste of time and energy.

That makes a lot more sense. Somehow I parsed that as someone's serious attempt.