Robvalue is Floating in the Ether of Abstract Systems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Robvalue is Floating in the Ether of Abstract Systems
(18-10-2017 02:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  1. You can stop your patronizing crap, Nails. It's YOU that's obviously needs things made simple. You think that how "philosophers" act.

2. The wave/particle DUALITY falsifies your Law of Identity, (which is nothing but a weak crappy way to make it look like you haven't totally LOST this argument).

You STILL have not justified your logic system, not have you refuted the example put to you.

NO scientist in the real world gives ONE SHIT about you idiotic "Law of Identity", and NEVER ONCE references it in any scientific paper. The publish RESULTS. If they appear to be illogical has NO BEARING. They are what they are.

Oh ok then I just don't have to give a response. Because I can both give a response and not give a response. Things don't have to make sense anymore. That's fine. But now I don't owe you any explanation of anything. Because any explanation would be done according to logic.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2017, 02:44 PM
(18-10-2017 02:35 PM)Naielis Wrote:  
(18-10-2017 02:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  1. You can stop your patronizing crap, Nails. It's YOU that's obviously needs things made simple. You think that how "philosophers" act.

2. The wave/particle DUALITY falsifies your Law of Identity, (which is nothing but a weak crappy way to make it look like you haven't totally LOST this argument).

You STILL have not justified your logic system, not have you refuted the example put to you.

NO scientist in the real world gives ONE SHIT about you idiotic "Law of Identity", and NEVER ONCE references it in any scientific paper. The publish RESULTS. If they appear to be illogical has NO BEARING. They are what they are.

Oh ok then I just don't have to give a response. Because I can both give a response and not give a response. Things don't have to make sense anymore. That's fine. But now I don't owe you any explanation of anything. Because any explanation would be done according to logic.

Nice try there, Nails. FIRST, you have to establish your logic system is applicable. You didn't. NOW you are basing another false conclusion on your FAILURE to establish your logic applies. We're not talking about "things". We're talking about observed replicable scientific results.

YOU made claims here that were fallaciously based on a "foundation" you claim would refute OBSERVED repeated results. You failed to justify that assertion.

You still owe an explanation. You obviously aren't up to is, so you resort to a "reduction ad absurdam ". Shame on you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-10-2017, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2017 02:54 PM by Naielis.)
(18-10-2017 02:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-10-2017 02:35 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Oh ok then I just don't have to give a response. Because I can both give a response and not give a response. Things don't have to make sense anymore. That's fine. But now I don't owe you any explanation of anything. Because any explanation would be done according to logic.

Nice try there, Nails. FIRST, you have to establish your logic system is applicable. You didn't. NOW you are basing another false conclusion on your FAILURE to establish your logic applies. We're not talking about "things". We're talking about observed replicable scientific results.

YOU made claims here that were fallaciously based on a "foundation" you claim would refute OBSERVED repeated results. You failed to justify that assertion.

You still owe an explanation. You obviously aren't up to is, so you resort to a "reduction ad absurdam ". Shame on you.

You don't get philosophy and I'm not here to school you in it. Also, my anarcho capitalist Christian friend here saw what you said. His response was adequate: "You see we allow these people to vote". Got a die hard libertarian to suggest we shouldn't let certain people vote... well done.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam
18-10-2017, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2017 04:04 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-10-2017 02:50 PM)Naielis Wrote:  You don't get philosophy and I'm not here to school you in it.

Damn right I don't.
It's the god you worship, and now obviously you can't even justify your faith in it.
Logic is necessary, but not sufficient. You supported that by your failure to deal with the examples I gave.

Quote:Also, my anarcho capitalist Christian friend here saw what you said. His response was adequate: "You see we allow these people to vote". Got a die hard libertarian to suggest we shouldn't let certain people vote... well done.

Irrelevant tripe, as you actually have no responses.

You see we allow these Christian fake liberals to imply there should be a "test for voting" based on whether we agree with an intellectual snob who can't even justify anything he claims. Well done. You're both total frauds.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-10-2017, 03:13 PM
Romans 1:20-23: "20. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22. Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23. and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures."

You all are wasting my time.

18-10-2017, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2017 03:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-10-2017 03:13 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Romans 1:20-23: "20. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22. Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23. and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures."

You all are wasting my time.

Preach it baby. Thumbsup
Quote those Babble verses from a book you know absolutely nothing about.
That's what we thought. You're wasting our time.

Mr. Epistemic Certainty now has CHANGED into an epistemically certain Christian.
Oh well.

Next week, he'll be epistemically certain he's something else.

Quote:Romans 1:20-23: "20. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22. Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23. and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures."

How very logical. LOL

Quote:"No one shall come to me, unless the Father draw him"
"For many are called, but FEW are chosen".

Got yourself a capricious dick for a god there, Nails.

We know more about the Bible than you ever will.

Laugh out load

Isn't that cute. The children from the Babble Belt come to our doorstep to preach at us.

18-10-2017, 03:53 PM
He was trying to use his cover as a "philosopher" to try and sell us religion again? Facepalm
All this bullshit about *epistemic certainty* and *necessary* absolutes just to sell us religious dogma?
So i was basically right in my guess on page 2? Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

Man, i had a really tuff day at work today, but this one made my day, no $hit.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
18-10-2017, 04:07 PM
At work.

Having interacted with Naielis I will go into bat for them.

Naielis is learning/studying Phylosophy and such subjects. Having a far better grasp and understanding of such things than I.

Where I see problems arising is from Naielis' youthful vigor rising too rapidly to the fore and interfering with furthering the discourse.

Hug

Thumbsup

Big Grin

Much cheers to all.
18-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Peebo,

i have no problems with anyone trying to explore the realm of philosophy, but it either takes some fair share of naivety, gullibility, and lack of experience and care to step into the trap of becoming religious "by accident".
He had a lot of people trying to give him (good) advice and some nice demonstrations that he is completely on the wrong track, but he condescendingly refused to soak up this valuable information and help to his efforts and tried to completely dismiss it. Here we call this "resistance/immunity" to good advice.

My problem with him is not his ignorance, but his unwillingness to learn, aka acknowledge that he is wrong. Another stupid stereotype oneliner comes to my mind: We cant be blamed for being born stupid, but for dying stupid.
Even more, he was trying to go along the road of "he cant possibly be wrong", thats why he was so obsessed with finding absolutes and "infallibilities". He is actively trying to shut down reason and doubt, trying to isolate him from his (intellectual) environment. Someone less obsessed with his own ego (= having something / be infallible) wouldnt have gone down that rabbit hole. He doesnt try to learn, he is looking for a way to never have to learn anymore (once being infallible and having found his epistemic certainties), which also can be viewed as being somewhat intellectually lazy.
At that point my sympathy for Naelis has its limits.

My kodos to Bucky for moderating the dogmatic christinan out of Naelis within 7 pages and removing the blanket of philosophy .

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
18-10-2017, 04:48 PM
(18-10-2017 03:13 PM)Naielis Wrote:  You all are wasting my time.

No, religion is wasting your time.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 4 users Like Thedemonbarber's post