"Rock You Like a Hurricane" poor song choice during MLB game vs. Marlins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Ran across this article explaining how the Atlanta Braves played, "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions between innings last week before Hurricane Irma hit Florida.

The response by people on social media was ridiculous. They were just looking for a reason to be butt-hurt. According to the Braves, that song was in their playlist and it didn't get pulled before the game (probably because nobody had their PC/Insensitivity cap on). They said it was an honest mistake. They offered free tickets to assuage the anguish caused (by a classic rock song). Perhaps they should also offer grief counselors to help those unintentionally offended and apparently emotionally hurt (by a classic rock song).

I know there are a lot of people hurting and struggling in Florida, Texas, the Caribbean Islands, and elsewhere because of the recent hurricanes. But this nonsense has got to stop. It's a freaking song for God's sake!!!

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: "Rock You Like a Hurricane" poor song choice during MLB game vs. Marlins
If you want my unadaltered opinion, I would never call that song a "classic rock" song.

That song was actually nothing more commercial attempt to make money by an aging group trying to hold onto whatever relevance they could. The Scorpians also sucked ass in concert. It should only be played at sporting events.

Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion or Led Zepplelin's Communication Breakdown are examples of what should be considered classic rock.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-09-2017, 08:46 AM
(12-09-2017 08:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It should only be played at sporting events.

Except slightly before or right after actual hurricanes! Wonder if those same people are offended by the name of the hockey team, the Carolina Hurricanes.

I'm not old enough to have a valid say on what "Classic Rock" means, so I'll have to defer to your opinion (not that you're old, just cultured!!!). When I think of classic rock, I think of Boston, Journey, Eagles, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, CCR, Pure Prairie League (my favorite song of all time, Amie), and others like that. To me, it's just a big bag used to describe lots of different music generally between the late 60's and late 80's.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 1 user Likes reeveseb's post
12-09-2017, 09:41 AM
(12-09-2017 08:46 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 08:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It should only be played at sporting events.

Except slightly before or right after actual hurricanes! Wonder if those same people are offended by the name of the hockey team, the Carolina Hurricanes.

I'm not old enough to have a valid say on what "Classic Rock" means, so I'll have to defer to your opinion (not that you're old, just cultured!!!). When I think of classic rock, I think of Boston, Journey, Eagles, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, CCR, Pure Prairie League (my favorite song of all time, Amie), and others like that. To me, it's just a big bag used to describe lots of different music generally between the late 60's and late 80's.

Journey only before Steve Perry -- that's when they were really good. After Perry but before Jonathon Cain was a mildly hopeful period that didn't last.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Tooooo soooon! Tooooo soon!!

Fuck it. Too many humorless asshats out there.

I swear, if I'm ever in a plane that's crashing, I'm gonna tell airplane crash jokes just to piss the thin-skinned pricks off....

" Hey everybody - ya want to know what's going to be the last thing to go through the pilot's head???? The toilet seat in the aft lavatory!".

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-09-2017, 09:52 AM
At least wait an arbitrary amount of time! Some people.

12-09-2017, 12:25 PM
People are so eager to be offended any more. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
12-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Such a storm in a teacup Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-09-2017, 12:56 PM
(12-09-2017 12:32 PM)Vera Wrote:  Such a storm in a teacup Drinking Beverage

It'll blow over.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
12-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Considering the thread topic I wonder if Tolkien "Two Towers" still are sold in USA.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post