Rocks with bad intentions

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: Rocks with bad intentions
(11-08-2015 03:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 03:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Which don't require intent or unintent, because there is no fucking agent that is even hypothetically possible to assign intent or unintent to.

You're dumber than the rock in my example. Facepalm

You seem to want to imply that unintentional implies something different than saying something was a fluke, a cosmic accident, though as I recall you took issue with the word "fluke" previously"

Where as I stated previously, that claiming something was a fluke, a cosmic accident, is another way of saying it was unintentional.

Is there anything in the case of the cosmos to assign intent to?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2015, 03:57 PM
(11-08-2015 03:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 03:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You seem to want to imply that unintentional implies something different than saying something was a fluke, a cosmic accident, though as I recall you took issue with the word "fluke" previously"

Where as I stated previously, that claiming something was a fluke, a cosmic accident, is another way of saying it was unintentional.

Is there anything in the case of the cosmos to assign intent to?

Yes, the same things others assign to as a fluke, a cosmic accident.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
11-08-2015, 03:59 PM
(11-08-2015 03:57 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 03:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Is there anything in the case of the cosmos to assign intent to?

Show me the evidence that there is something that can have intent with respect to the cosmos.

Otherwise, your answer of "yes" is really "no"

-Rick
11-08-2015, 04:05 PM
(11-08-2015 03:57 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 03:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Is there anything in the case of the cosmos to assign intent to?

Define "accident".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
(11-08-2015 03:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 03:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Which don't require intent or unintent, because there is no fucking agent that is even hypothetically possible to assign intent or unintent to.

You're dumber than the rock in my example. Facepalm

You seem to want to imply that unintentional implies something different than saying something was a fluke, a cosmic accident, though as I recall you took issue with the word "fluke" previously"

Lack of intent implies consciousness/intelligence to occur.
A fluke or accidental action does not necessarily require consciousness.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
11-08-2015, 07:20 PM
(11-08-2015 03:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sure. Getting a gene for childhood cancer is an example. That unlucky kid got a bad dice-roll, when the numbers came up for his particular genetic recombination from his parents, when sperm met egg. It's a fluke, and it's too bad, but it's not an intentional thing by anyone/anything.

In the last four hours Tomasa has addressed every new comment except for this one . . . hmm

Consider

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
11-08-2015, 08:10 PM
(11-08-2015 07:20 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 03:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sure. Getting a gene for childhood cancer is an example. That unlucky kid got a bad dice-roll, when the numbers came up for his particular genetic recombination from his parents, when sperm met egg. It's a fluke, and it's too bad, but it's not an intentional thing by anyone/anything.

In the last four hours Tomasa has addressed every new comment except for this one . . . hmm

Consider

Well ya see it's sin. The price for sin had to be paid, but even though it's paid, it's just not good enough, I guess. And we all know that morals and god is absolute and unchanging, so : Numbers 14:18 "The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation.''

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-08-2015, 06:04 AM
(11-08-2015 04:41 PM)pablo Wrote:  Lack of intent implies consciousness/intelligence to occur.

Unintentional, is synonymous with the term accidental, as well as fluke, as per google:

synonyms: unintended, accidental... spontaneous; random, fluky.

It can imply consciousness but doesn't require it. It no more requires consciousness than the terms accidental or fluke does.
12-08-2015, 06:05 AM
(11-08-2015 07:20 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  

Consider

What's there to respond to? Was I suppose to disagree with it?
12-08-2015, 08:50 AM
(12-08-2015 06:04 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 04:41 PM)pablo Wrote:  Lack of intent implies consciousness/intelligence to occur.

Unintentional, is synonymous with the term accidental, as well as fluke, as per google:

synonyms: unintended, accidental... spontaneous; random, fluky.

It can imply consciousness but doesn't require it. It no more requires consciousness than the terms accidental or fluke does.

It implies the consciousness is plausible.

You've never shown me the evidence for your conclusion that it is plausible that there is something that can have intent with respect to the cosmos.

Deliver or admit you've no fucking clue what you're talking about and are merely preaching your theistic bullshit instead of being here to actually converse (like you claim). Drinking Beverage I'll wait.

-Rick