Rocks with bad intentions

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2015, 11:51 AM
(13-08-2015 11:21 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 10:58 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Unintentional which implies the capacity for intent is possible but didn't exist for this occurrence.

Called out on bullshit, double down on bullshit.

Now, if it wasn't a fluke, what would that imply? Would it imply intent?

I never used the word fluke. You did. I never said accident. You did.

These are all YOUR bullshit. You clean it up.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Rocks with bad intentions
(13-08-2015 10:51 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 10:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  From now on, whenever I use the word purple, I mean it as a synonym for dumbass.

Tomasia is purple in the face. Tomaisa is purple.

Once again, it is irrelevant how you use it when what you are doing is comparing it to how others use it or words like "fluke" or "accident." Your use of the word is incorrect and a dishonest manipulation of what others have said.

Another example of your dishonesty.

Manipulation would require equivocating. You seem to imagine if I believed the results of the D20 dice rolls was a fluke, this would mean something different than if Rocketsurgeon would mean by "fluke"?

Why don't you tell me what I mean by it?

I'm not sure what you mean by it because your using the wrong word. A fluke implies a fortuitous outcome, something that benefits you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-08-2015, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 12:33 PM by Tomasia.)
(13-08-2015 11:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 11:21 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Now, if it wasn't a fluke, what would that imply? Would it imply intent?

I never used the word fluke. You did. I never said accident. You did.

Yet, your the one accusing me of equivocating, lol.
It seems like you wanna have you cake and eat it too.

You wanna accuse me of using the word improperly, while refusing to answer questions regarding the proper usage.
13-08-2015, 12:40 PM
(13-08-2015 12:26 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 11:51 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I never used the word fluke. You did. I never said accident. You did.

Yet, your the one accusing me of equivocating, lol.
It seems like you wanna have you cake and eat it too.

You wanna accuse me of using the word improperly, while refusing to answer questions regarding the proper usage.

Your argument makes no sense. I've already explained my position in this thread using appropriate language so even you couldn't be confused as to their intent.

You're so obsessed with cake, you don't realize these are words and not a concoction of confectioners sugar.

-Rick
13-08-2015, 12:42 PM
(13-08-2015 11:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not sure what you mean by it because your using the wrong word. A fluke implies a fortuitous outcome, something that benefits you.

No, nothing about the references to universe as a fluke, or dice example as a fluke made by others, required the outcome to be fortuitous.
13-08-2015, 12:47 PM
(13-08-2015 12:42 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 11:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not sure what you mean by it because your using the wrong word. A fluke implies a fortuitous outcome, something that benefits you.

No, nothing about the references to universe as a fluke, or dice example as a fluke made by others, required the outcome to be fortuitous.

Fortuitous in the sense that we are here as a result of consequence. So yes, the conceptualization of the universe as the necessary consequence of a set of near infinite possibilities that resulted in our universe, is a fortuitous (for humans) occurrence/event.

Once again, you fail to understand why people use the language they do.

-Rick
13-08-2015, 01:01 PM
(13-08-2015 12:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Fortuitous in the sense that we are here as a result of consequence. So yes, the conceptualization of the universe as the necessary consequence of a set of near infinite possibilities that resulted in our universe, is a fortuitous (for humans) occurrence/event.

If by fortuitous outcome we mean a fortunate outcome, the no a fluke doesn't require a fortuitous outcome.

Fluke accidents are not fortuitous outcomes.

Or going back to the dice example, the dice could roll 20s in hundred times in a row, it would still be a fluke, regardless if everyone lost money because of it.
13-08-2015, 01:11 PM
(13-08-2015 01:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 12:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Fortuitous in the sense that we are here as a result of consequence. So yes, the conceptualization of the universe as the necessary consequence of a set of near infinite possibilities that resulted in our universe, is a fortuitous (for humans) occurrence/event.

If by fortuitous outcome we mean a fortunate outcome, the no a fluke doesn't require a fortuitous outcome.

Or going back to the dice example, the dice could roll 20s in hundred times in a row, it would still be a fluke, regardless if everyone lost money because of it.

Wouldn't loading the dice be a way of forcing a fortuitous outcome as you suggested earlier?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-08-2015, 01:12 PM
(13-08-2015 01:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

"Fluke accidents"? First you say unintentional is akin to fluke or accidents, now it is a "fluke accident" and your attempt at language masturbation is growing even more convoluted.

And are you arguing (again) against what someone else meant when they have explicitly explained that it is indeed what they mean. So when the existence of the universe is described (by some) as a fluke or an accident and they mean that it is a fortuitous event that had long odds for producing this specific universe, you now want to change yet another meaning of their words?

You don't even understand the immensity of your dishonest discourse. Facepalm

-Rick
13-08-2015, 01:13 PM
(13-08-2015 01:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 01:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  If by fortuitous outcome we mean a fortunate outcome, the no a fluke doesn't require a fortuitous outcome.

Wouldn't loading the dice be a way of forcing a fortuitous outcome as you suggested earlier?

The telling sign of his use of language is that his first instinct was to think there was intent when an outcome seemed improbable.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post