Rocks with bad intentions

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-08-2015, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 12:15 PM by Tomasia.)
RE: Rocks with bad intentions
(10-08-2015 11:53 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Now, prove that a rock that became dislodged and killed someone did so unintentionally.

(The unintentionally applies to the rock itself. Can the rock have intentional or unintentional reasons for moving and killing?)

That the person who was killed was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. That it was just a coincidence that the rock hit him, etc... etc..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 12:11 PM
(10-08-2015 12:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 11:53 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Now, prove that a rock that became dislodged and killed someone did so unintentionally.

(The unintentionally applies to the rock itself. Can the rock have intentional or unintentional reasons for moving and killing?)

That the person who was killed was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. That it was just a coincidence that the rock hit him.

This proves that the rock had unintentions? Logically connect the evidence of your case to the rock having unintentions.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
10-08-2015, 12:17 PM
(10-08-2015 12:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

That the person who was killed was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. That it was just a coincidence that the rock hit him, etc... etc..

If you find coincidence/observation to be sufficient to demonstrate that effects can be generated without intentional/conscious causes, then why the fuck do you conclude gods exist? That is entirely hypocritical.

I want a level of proof for the rock's uninetentions that you hold your god to.

-Rick
10-08-2015, 12:46 PM
(10-08-2015 12:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This proves that the rock had unintentions? Logically connect the evidence of your case to the rock having unintentions.

It would suggest that the individual hit by the rock wasn't an intended target. That it was just a coincidence that he was hit by it.

But as far as the rock's movement is concerned, when suggesting it was not intentional, unintentional, we're suggesting it's movement and trajectory, was a product of those physical laws that govern the erosion of movement of all rocks. That it needed no additional push from an intentional agent, etc....
10-08-2015, 12:49 PM
(10-08-2015 12:46 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 12:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This proves that the rock had unintentions? Logically connect the evidence of your case to the rock having unintentions.

It would suggest that the individual hit by the rock wasn't an intended target. That it was just a coincidence that he was hit by it.

But as far as the rock's movement is concerned, when suggesting it was not intentional, unintentional, we're suggesting it's movement and trajectory, was a product of those physical laws that govern the erosion of movement of all rocks. That it needed no additional push from an intentional agent, etc....

You haven't given me anything even close to resembling evidence that the rock had unintentions. You still keep alluding to an outside consciousness to dislodge it.

Come on, give me the same level of evidence for this being a coincidence as you would accept for your god not existing.

-Rick
10-08-2015, 12:54 PM
(10-08-2015 12:49 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You haven't given me anything even close to resembling evidence that the rock had unintentions. You still keep alluding to an outside consciousness to dislodge it.
[/quote]

I have no idea what you mean by "rock had unintentions". If you're not saying something about the rocks movements, or creation.
10-08-2015, 12:55 PM
(10-08-2015 12:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 12:49 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You haven't given me anything even close to resembling evidence that the rock had unintentions. You still keep alluding to an outside consciousness to dislodge it.

I have no idea what you mean by "rock had unintentions". If you're not saying something about the rocks movements, or creation.
[/quote]

I mean the exact same thing you mean when you say unintentional with respect to the universe.

-Rick
10-08-2015, 12:59 PM
I just mentioned these guys last week.
Rocks are very competitive, and they don't mind the heat much.
[Image: DEvils-race-track-death-valley_zps50k54rb4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
10-08-2015, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 01:17 PM by Tomasia.)
(10-08-2015 12:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 12:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I have no idea what you mean by "rock had unintentions". If you're not saying something about the rocks movements, or creation.

I mean the exact same thing you mean when you say unintentional with respect to the universe.

When I speak of unintentional with respect to the creation of the universe, I'm speaking about how we got here, whether we're just a product of a series of physical accidents, a fluke, or intended.
10-08-2015, 01:11 PM
(10-08-2015 01:09 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 12:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I have no idea what you mean by "rock had unintentions". If you're not saying something about the rocks movements, or creation.

When I speak of unintentional with respect to the creation of the universe, I'm speaking about how we got here, whether we're just a product of a series of physical accidents, a fluke, or intended.
[/quote]

Prove the rock is a physical "accident", "fluke", or "unintended" when it killed the guy.

-Rick