Rocks with bad intentions

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2015, 05:43 PM
(13-08-2015 05:37 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 05:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It can be designed by a conscious entity for an intended purpose by the designer or the actor using it. The watch has no capacity for intention or unintention. It doesn't intentionally tell time correctly. It doesn't unintentionally tell time incorrectly. A human could intentionally or unintentionally make it tell time correctly or incorrectly.

You. Fucking. Moron.

Keep doubling down on your bullshit AND your stupidity.

This shouldn't require an extensive amount of brain power on your part to figure out where you've gone wrong.

A watch is designed by its designer to tell time. The purpose of telling time is intrinsic to the watch. It is what it means to be a watch.

If you disagree with this, please define what a watch is.

I'll sit here and wait while you work out how not to contradict yourself.

An object created by another human which the maker intended for use by other humans for telling time correctly.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 05:44 PM
(13-08-2015 05:37 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 05:17 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It can be designed by a conscious entity for an intended purpose by the designer or the actor using it. The watch has no capacity for intention or unintention. It doesn't intentionally tell time correctly. It doesn't unintentionally tell time incorrectly. A human could intentionally or unintentionally make it tell time correctly or incorrectly.

You. Fucking. Moron.

Keep doubling down on your bullshit AND your stupidity.

This shouldn't require an extensive amount of brain power on your part to figure out where you've gone wrong.

A watch is designed by its designer to tell time. The purpose of telling time is intrinsic to the watch. It is what it means to be a watch.

If you disagree with this, please define what a watch is.

I'll sit here and wait while you work out how not to contradict yourself.

Oh man, that was easy. Because objects don't have intent, you dolt.

-Rick
13-08-2015, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 06:21 PM by Tomasia.)
RE: Rocks with bad intentions
(13-08-2015 05:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  What I left heavily implied but unstated is that merely observing a single "unlikely" event does not allow us to conclude anything about it.

Assume we both observed a 20D die rolling 20s a hundred times in a row. And both of us are unable to inspect the die any further.

A pot is going around taking bets on whether this was a fluke, or whether the die was weighted, or thrown in some particular way to achieve those results, etc.. (whether the results were intentional). We’ll know for certain after all the bets are in.

While you claim you can’t conclude anything about it, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out which way you’d bet. If we found out it was weighted you likely wouldn’t be all that surprised, where as if it was a fluke you probably would be.

Quote:Illuminati did it?
NAH BRO THATS CRAZY TALK.

God did it?
RIGHT ON BRO INNIT OBVIOUS?

Uh... huh. You do that.

While you can likely see a whole slew of others things that I’d have to believe if I believed the Illuminati created the world, what additional things would I have to believe to assume it was created by some deistic God, that’s not already implied by assuming it was created?
13-08-2015, 05:54 PM
duplicate post
13-08-2015, 05:55 PM
(13-08-2015 05:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  duplicate post

I did you fucking moron

-Rick
13-08-2015, 05:56 PM
(13-08-2015 05:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 05:54 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  duplicate post

I did you fucking moron

It wasn't a duplicate post, you posted something asinine. Further cementing your dishonesty. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
13-08-2015, 05:56 PM
(13-08-2015 05:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  An object created by another human which the maker intended for use by other humans for telling time correctly.

Could an objected created by it's maker not intended to tell time, be a watch?

I'll wait.
13-08-2015, 05:58 PM
(13-08-2015 05:56 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 05:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  An object created by another human which the maker intended for use by other humans for telling time correctly.

Could an objected created by it's maker not intended to tell time, be a watch?

Yeah, like a stopwatch. Which doesn't tell time but measures time.

Fuck. I can't imagine how you function in your day to day life

-Rick
13-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Keep shifting the goalposts as you scramble to defend the bullshit you've doubled down on Drinking Beverage

-Rick
13-08-2015, 06:07 PM
(13-08-2015 05:58 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 05:56 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Could an objected created by it's maker not intended to tell time, be a watch?

Yeah, like a stopwatch. Which doesn't tell time but measures time.

Fuck. I can't imagine how you function in your day to day life

So a watch is not just something intended by it's maker to tell time as you earlier defined it, but also something that intended by it's maker to measure time.

Could an object created by it's maker not intended to tell or measure time, be a watch?

I'll wait.