Rocks with bad intentions

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-08-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Rocks with bad intentions
(15-08-2015 02:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, your understanding of probability is poor. The probability of rolling a six is 1/6 every time the die is thrown.

Tell me which of these odds is better. Landing on tails on a single coin flip. Or that any one coin in a series of ten coin flips lands on tails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2015, 02:55 PM
(15-08-2015 02:28 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  But it's not chance alone.

You keep saying this.

We're still waiting on you to produce any sort of evidence for it whatsoever.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
15-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Tomasia, your dishonesty seems to be showing through in flying colors to pretty much everyone here it appears.

Now Consider I wonder if anyone had you pegged as a dishonest preaching moron months ago? Hmmmm

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
15-08-2015, 03:29 PM
(15-08-2015 02:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 01:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Our existence is almost inevitable, yet still miraculous in my opinion. It isn't the chance that proclaims God it is the whole of existence. The opportunity, if you will. The grandness of it all. Thanks.

No, our existence is highly contingent - nothing inevitable about it.
Inevitable in that just the known universe is so vast and diverse that the chances of our particular existence within it seems almost likely. However, the chances of this amazing, overwhelmingly extravagant being as a whole must have, at very least, been started by something that does not equate to solely nothing. Thanks.
15-08-2015, 03:35 PM
(15-08-2015 02:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 02:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, your understanding of probability is poor. The probability of rolling a six is 1/6 every time the die is thrown.

Tell me which of these odds is better. Landing on tails on a single coin flip. Or that any one coin in a series of ten coin flips lands on tails.
Ha. Simple. The odds multiply against the probability at an exponential level per consecutive roll.
15-08-2015, 03:37 PM
(15-08-2015 03:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Tomasia, your dishonesty seems to be showing through in flying colors to pretty much everyone here it appears.

Now Consider I wonder if anyone had you pegged as a dishonest preaching moron months ago? Hmmmm
Why don't you back the f*** up off of people act like everybody's f****** lying cuz they don't agree with your dumbass chill the f*** out and f****** open your ears. Thank you
15-08-2015, 03:45 PM
(15-08-2015 03:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 03:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Tomasia, your dishonesty seems to be showing through in flying colors to pretty much everyone here it appears.

Why don't you back the f*** up off of people act like everybody's f****** lying cuz they don't agree with your dumbass chill the f*** out and f****** open your ears. Thank you

Awww look, another troll is mad. Let me count the fucks I give.

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
15-08-2015, 04:06 PM
(15-08-2015 03:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  However, the chances of this amazing, overwhelmingly extravagant being as a whole must have, at very least, been started by something that does not equate to solely nothing. Thanks.

No.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
15-08-2015, 04:08 PM
Pops, it's 0. Zero fucks. I counted and recounted just to make sure. Drinking Beverage

-Rick
15-08-2015, 04:42 PM
(15-08-2015 03:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Why don't you back the f*** up off of people act like everybody's f****** lying cuz they don't agree with your dumbass chill the f*** out and f****** open your ears. Thank you

Medications wearing off again?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post