Rocks with bad intentions

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Also, where is my evidence of unintention from the rock?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 02:48 PM
RE: Rocks with bad intentions
(10-08-2015 02:05 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  And that is awe-inspiring, to me. It moves me with its elegant simplicity, more than any poetry or art created by intelligence could ever do. I am humbled by my insignificance amid the vastness of the cosmos, and inspired by the fact that every (larger than hydrogen) atom in my body we now know to have been formed in the hearts of long-dissipated ancient supernovae. We are tiny motes of star-stuff, revolving on one of billions of chunks of rock around a middle-sized, average yellow star out of hundreds of billions of such stars, rotating along on a back-edge of an outer spiral arm of one galaxy out of hundreds of billions, all composed of physical matter that makes up only a single percent of all the "stuff" we have discovered make up those galaxies (dark matter and dark energy make up the other 99% of it). You really should watch that Krauss video.

While I find the universe awe-inspiring, mysterious and elegant, I find it to be awe in a little sense. I think there's something far more enchanting, far more awe inspiring to life than stars and a thousand universes could ever be, something that strikes me with wonder at just the thought, than can encapsulate an endless amount of dreams, and art and poetry, that doesn't exist in the cold and objective world in front of it, but in the intimate world we live. One that centers around communion, and friendship, love, and solidarity, and hope. There is a far greater awe in that lived and intimate life of man, than any that you can likely ever offer me.
10-08-2015, 02:52 PM
(10-08-2015 02:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 02:05 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  And that is awe-inspiring, to me. It moves me with its elegant simplicity, more than any poetry or art created by intelligence could ever do. I am humbled by my insignificance amid the vastness of the cosmos, and inspired by the fact that every (larger than hydrogen) atom in my body we now know to have been formed in the hearts of long-dissipated ancient supernovae. We are tiny motes of star-stuff, revolving on one of billions of chunks of rock around a middle-sized, average yellow star out of hundreds of billions of such stars, rotating along on a back-edge of an outer spiral arm of one galaxy out of hundreds of billions, all composed of physical matter that makes up only a single percent of all the "stuff" we have discovered make up those galaxies (dark matter and dark energy make up the other 99% of it). You really should watch that Krauss video.

While I find the universe awe-inspiring, mysterious and elegant, I find it to be awe in a little sense. I think there's something far more enchanting, far more awe inspiring to life than stars and a thousand universes could ever be, something that strikes me with wonder at just the thought, than can encapsulate an endless amount of dreams, and art and poetry, that doesn't exist in the cold and objective world in front of it, but in the intimate world we live. One that centers around communion, and friendship, love, and solidarity, and hope. There is a far greater awe in that lived and intimate life of man, than any that you can likely ever offer me.

I could give a fuck less for your theistic worldview.

I want you to show me the evidence the rock unintentionally killed that guy. Where's my evidence of unintention?

-Rick
10-08-2015, 02:55 PM
(10-08-2015 02:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then why the fuck are you here again?

For whatever questions interests me at any particular time, for whatever curiosity that arises, that in one way or the other these interactions feed. There's never really one reason. There might be one reason for a particular week or day, another for the next week or day.
10-08-2015, 03:23 PM
(10-08-2015 02:55 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 02:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then why the fuck are you here again?

For whatever questions interests me at any particular time, for whatever curiosity that arises, that in one way or the other these interactions feed. There's never really one reason. There might be one reason for a particular week or day, another for the next week or day.

How convenient, your "reasons" are always changing. Your bullshit stinks

Where is my evidence of the rock's unintention?

-Rick
10-08-2015, 03:38 PM
I have some evidence of rocks with bad intentions. Well, stones anyhoo.

Gall stones and kidney stones.
Fuckers are happy to and intend to cause you pain.

Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2015, 03:41 PM
(10-08-2015 03:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have some evidence of rocks with bad intentions. Well, stones anyhoo.

Gall stones and kidney stones.
Fuckers are happy to and intend to cause you pain.

Dodgy

Calcium deposits can be a mother fucker. Glad I have never had them Big Grin

-Rick
10-08-2015, 03:41 PM
(10-08-2015 02:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 01:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's all pretty passive agressive bullshit. It's not up to atheists to convince you of anything. It's totally 100% up to YOu to find the truth

I don't sit here waiting for some random atheists on a internet forum to convince me of atheism. Just like I'm hoping no one here is expecting me to convince them of theism.

If I was expecting to find convincing arguements, I would have gone a long time ago.

More angry self-righteous bullshit. You should investigate Suscipe Domine.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2015, 03:55 PM
(10-08-2015 03:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Where is my evidence of the rock's unintention?

Please explain what you mean by a "rock's unintention".
10-08-2015, 03:58 PM
(10-08-2015 03:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 02:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't sit here waiting for some random atheists on a internet forum to convince me of atheism. Just like I'm hoping no one here is expecting me to convince them of theism.

If I was expecting to find convincing arguements, I would have gone a long time ago.

More angry self-righteous bullshit.

Do I come off as angry? I didn't think I did, except on some rare occasions, lol.