Rogue North Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Rogue North Korea
North Korea, wtf are you doing. This is so going to become a global disaster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21695887

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Rogue North Korea
(07-03-2013 06:38 AM)robotworld Wrote:  North Korea, wtf are you doing. This is so going to become a global disaster.

Ive been keeping an eye on this on the news. I think Monday 11th March is a date to watch because that is when the US and South Korea are planning on running military drills which the North have said they will see as aggressive.

I can sort of see the reasoning behind the sanctions but the N.Korean government are fucking crazy and are probably seeing this as an act of war.

I hope they don't detonate a nuke on the border, not only because its a fucking nuke and it will kill people but because Major Ed Dames who was part of the "stargate project" predicted this years ago... at a time when N.Korea didn't even have nukes (allegedly)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
08-03-2013, 05:38 AM
(07-03-2013 08:05 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 06:38 AM)robotworld Wrote:  North Korea, wtf are you doing. This is so going to become a global disaster.

Ive been keeping an eye on this on the news. I think Monday 11th March is a date to watch because that is when the US and South Korea are planning on running military drills which the North have said they will see as aggressive.

I can sort of see the reasoning behind the sanctions but the N.Korean government are fucking crazy and are probably seeing this as an act of war.

I hope they don't detonate a nuke on the border, not only because its a fucking nuke and it will kill people but because Major Ed Dames who was part of the "stargate project" predicted this years ago... at a time when N.Korea didn't even have nukes (allegedly)
I have a very, very bad feeling North Korea will detonate a nuke, given how irrational it is now. Another point of view could be just North Korea wanting publicity, since if North Korea detonates a nuke, they are basically killing themselves. On one hand, it will be interesting to see how different governments respond to the detonation. On the other hand, let's not let that happen in the first place. Starting World War 3 over this is freaking not worth it.

3 more days I guess.
[Image: tumblr_mf7ypd2o4G1ruz1xko1_500.png]

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
08-03-2013, 09:30 AM
(08-03-2013 05:38 AM)robotworld Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 08:05 AM)bemore Wrote:  Ive been keeping an eye on this on the news. I think Monday 11th March is a date to watch because that is when the US and South Korea are planning on running military drills which the North have said they will see as aggressive.

I have a very, very bad feeling North Korea will detonate a nuke, given how irrational it is now. Another point of view could be just North Korea wanting publicity, since if North Korea detonates a nuke, they are basically killing themselves. On one hand, it will be interesting to see how different governments respond to the detonation. On the other hand, let's not let that happen in the first place. Starting World War 3 over this is freaking not worth it.

3 more days I guess.
The PRK is irrational, but no one is so nucking futs that they would use a nuke in this day and age. If they were to detonate one, they would be curbstompped into nonexistence. Not in a nuclear retaliation, as I think the parties involved would know better, but NATO, Russia, minor allies of Russia and NATO, potentially China, and just about every nation involved in M.A.D. would show up and ruin the PRK's day. This is because rogue nations with nukes hurt M.A.D. rather than help it.

They know this. This is saber rattling as power transitions to Kim Jong Un.

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
[+] 2 users Like 5yrup's post
08-03-2013, 10:25 AM
I am curious as to how China is feeling about all this right now. North Korea is like a serious misbehaving step child. They're just being a thorn in China's side. I know that, as the article states, China is working with the U.S. on major sanctions so they obviously are trying to avoid N. Korea's bad publicity. I can't help but think that China must be embarrassed by this whole thing.

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
08-03-2013, 10:38 AM
(08-03-2013 09:30 AM)5yrup Wrote:  The PRK is irrational, but no one is so nucking futs that they would use a nuke in this day and age.

(16-07-2012 02:32 AM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  Never underestimate the power of mass delusion.

That is all. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
08-03-2013, 03:05 PM
They won't set off a nuke. If they do it will be the end of the north. China won't help them and the south will have troops in pyongyang before their allies have their troops ready. The north would be signing its own death warrant.
08-03-2013, 08:19 PM
If North Korea were to launch a nuke at Washington, their lands would be a fucking fallout wasteland. US would launch nukes, South Korea would launch nukes, most of Europe, even China (China is supposed ally of N.K. ,but nuking the capitol of their biggest trade partner is bad for business). North Korea would be uninhabitable for YEARS

Kim Jong Un can't be that stupid. Right? Right? Unsure

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
08-03-2013, 08:24 PM
I think it's an empty threat. 'Nuff said.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
08-03-2013, 08:51 PM
1. New sanctions (economic warfare, starvation, etc) were levied on NK.
2. NK responded that if invaded, they will retaliate.
3. Propaganda outlets re spun the situation in a way that made it look like the NK will launch all out attacks, for no reason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  North Korea will go to war over movie Hobbitgirl 20 353 18-07-2014 10:11 AM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Australian Missionary Held in North Korea Sloane 14 468 03-03-2014 03:44 AM
Last Post: jockmcdock
  North Korea's Meth Epidemic Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 1 243 02-09-2013 11:28 AM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  France surrenders to North Korea My proboscis sucks 6 658 30-05-2013 03:07 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  North Carolina never ceases to amaze me Bows and Arrows 7 485 16-05-2013 08:03 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  North Korea Misenhelter 3 334 04-04-2013 08:24 AM
Last Post: HU.Junyuan
  Why is the u.s. and South Korea provoking a war? I and I 7 565 16-03-2013 10:08 AM
Last Post: TrulyX