Roguelikes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Roguelikes
Anyone know of any good roguelikes? So far I've enjoyed Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, FTL, Don't Starve, Neo Scavenger, The Forest, The Binding of Isaac, and Curious Expedition. Nothing quite beats the thrill of permanent death. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: Roguelikes
I'd personally recommend Rogue Legacy (it's a Castlevania-style game with roguelike elements, but you can choose to carry over some progress in form of a family mansion), and heard good things about Darkest Dungeon. If you're into action RPGs like Diablo, Path of exile is brilliant and very complex (not to mention genuinely free, not freemium bulls***), with an optional hardcore league, meaning you'll be demoted to normal if you die once.
[+] 1 user Likes Naridar's post
25-03-2016, 08:56 AM
whoops, i forgot to mention i have darkest dungeon and rogue legacy. DD is pretty good, but the difficulty became soul crushing after a while. ill prob give it another shot soon though. i didn't care too much for rogue legacy, for some reason. i'll check out path of exile.
26-03-2016, 11:08 AM
Also, forgot to mention the Mystery Dungeon series. Most games that saw western release are of the Pokemon franchise and relatively easy (not to mention unbearably childish for my tastes), but Etrian Mystery Dungeon (for 3DS) is more difficult, I don't remember if it has a permadeath option.
28-03-2016, 03:23 AM
Battle Brothers is pretty good. It's sorta like Mount and Blade, very much inspired by M&B I'd say. But more rogue like because instead of 10's of faceless troops you have up to 12 people you shape, level up, equip with better gear etc.. But if they die they die.
Path of Exile isn't a rogue like. It's a free Diablo clone. Actually speaking of Diablo clones, if that's your thing Grim Dawn is very good.

Back to rogue likes. Ummm Age of Decadence could be worth a look. Cringily hard. Once you're dead its game over and it very VERY easy to die. I guess not a true rogue like but permanent death so worth a look.
Guild of Dungeoneering is a quirky little fun rogue like game.
Thea: The Awakening is very good. Sorta like an turn based strategy game with rogue like elements.
Vertical Drop Heroes is a fun little arcade game you can play casually. Pretty addictive too.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-03-2016, 03:36 AM
What, no love for one of the best game soundtracks ever?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]