Role reversal in a debate, has it happened ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 07:57 PM by sporehux.)
Star Role reversal in a debate, has it happened ?
I was once in s debate class where after 1 hour of research
On my side topic.
The teacher switched the subject between the
Teams at the last second. It was "Daylight savings"
All the prepared points became weapons we were hoping the other team would overlook.

I tried to get my theist m8 to role reverse
But he got mad and changed the subject.

Is there any youtube debates with a role reversal
I think it would be illuminating.

Would be hilarious to see Ray Comfort and Dawkins going at it. in reverse.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
05-11-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Role reversal in a debate, has it happened ?
Tried this once, turns out god does exist Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
05-11-2013, 09:46 PM
That would be really fun to see!
06-11-2013, 02:20 AM
(05-11-2013 07:54 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Would be hilarious to see Ray Comfort and Dawkins going at it. in reverse.

I'd be happy if Dawkins would stop being a pussy and just man up and accept William Lane Craig's invitation to debate.
06-11-2013, 02:28 AM
(06-11-2013 02:20 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 07:54 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Would be hilarious to see Ray Comfort and Dawkins going at it. in reverse.

I'd be happy if Dawkins would stop being a pussy and just man up and accept William Lane Craig's invitation to debate.
There is nothing to be debated with WLC, his philosophical gymnastics ( it's just Kalam's cosmological argument with a pile of shit on top, wrapped in a pretty paper ) have been debunked and destroyed several times already, and at the end he always admits that the only thing he has to back up his position is his faith.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
06-11-2013, 02:39 AM
(06-11-2013 02:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 02:20 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'd be happy if Dawkins would stop being a pussy and just man up and accept William Lane Craig's invitation to debate.
There is nothing to be debated with WLC, his philosophical gymnastics ( it's just Kalam's cosmological argument with a pile of shit on top, wrapped in a pretty paper ) have been debunked and destroyed several times already, and at the end he always admits that the only thing he has to back up his position is his faith.

Dawkins is always happy to debate morons, but when William Lane Craig challenges him....excuses...excuses...excuses.....conclusion....Dawkins is a pussy.

nough said.
06-11-2013, 02:58 AM
(06-11-2013 02:39 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 02:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  There is nothing to be debated with WLC, his philosophical gymnastics ( it's just Kalam's cosmological argument with a pile of shit on top, wrapped in a pretty paper ) have been debunked and destroyed several times already, and at the end he always admits that the only thing he has to back up his position is his faith.

Dawkins is always happy to debate morons, but when William Lane Craig challenges him....excuses...excuses...excuses.....conclusion....Dawkins is a pussy.

nough said.

Why won't WLC debate his former student John W. Loftus? WLC is clearly a pussy.

Enough said.

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.co...craig.html

That, or WLC uses his debates to evangelize with his same old tripe. It's not worth Dawkin's time, because if you've seen just one WLC debate, you've seen them all. Dawkins knows that WLC has debated Hitchens, Harris, and Krauss. I doubt Dawkins would have anything else to bring to the table, and WLC would give his same tired routine regardless.

Also WLC has admitted, on camera and on paper (it's in his book 'Reasonable Faith'), that all possible facts are null and void in the face of his 'self authenticating sense of the holy spirit'. Yep. He will always be right because he always feels like he's right and god is on his side because he can feel it. The pinnacle of intellectual honesty right there! Laughat

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/hallq/2012/...ane-craig/

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
06-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Heywood,

Do you find anything particularly compelling in any of WLC's arguments? I've not found anything particular of value to consider. That and there's the old "it's infinitely good to kill children" line. The man's a bit of a moral monster.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-11-2013, 06:55 AM
(06-11-2013 06:50 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Heywood,

Do you find anything particularly compelling in any of WLC's arguments? I've not found anything particular of value to consider. That and there's the old "it's infinitely good to kill children" line. The man's a bit of a moral monster.

You have to admit he is slick, I like to swap hats when watching debates to avoid the
preaching to the converted condition. and I can see why theists think WLC won an argument when he really didn't.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post