Roll to Dodge (forum game... yes another one) - Desert Island Edition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2015, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2015 04:00 PM by earmuffs.)
Roll to Dodge (forum game... yes another one) - Desert Island Edition
Yes, another forum game that requires user participation and actions and shit.
The fun just never stops here at TTA! Naturally I'm not expecting much, but I think this could be interesting and so no pain no gain I thought I'd give it a crack. Chas, before you say it I just want to say one thing, go fuck yourself Big Grin .

I wasn't entirely sure where to post it, I guess it could go in Mafia or maybe TTOT but whatever. A mod can move it later.

[Image: thats-how-i-roll_1954-l.jpg]

Roll to Dodge - Desert Island Edition

The Concept and How to Play.

So the idea behind this is pretty simple. Oh and it's not my idea, I've seen it on other forums, so calm ya tits. 6 people are players. I'm the GM. And anyone else that wants to play is put onto a waiting list.
I give a short story and a goal for the players. They than submit an action in the thread (there's no need for PMing in this). It can be any action that they want their character to perform. ie: Climb a tree.
It can't be a god action and it can't be an action that ruins the fun for everyone. ie: Summon an earthquake that kills everyone. But it is pretty flexible, so if you want to grow an extra arm than that can be your action.

The aim for the players is to achieve the goal. This is where the theme comes in. It can be something like 6 people trying to escape a desert island or it could be 6 people at a house party trying to order a pizza. Creativity is endless.

"But Muffs, this seems really lame!". Well random TTAer if you shut the fuck for 5 minutes I can continue to explain the game.

Once all 6 players have submitted their actions (or after a certain amount of time) I will roll a die to determine the outcome of those actions.

1 - Epic Fail
2 - Kinda Fail
3 - Kinda Success
4 - Success
5 - Perfect Success
6 - Overshot

The roll effects the result of the action.

Example: Chas posts: "I jump over the fence"

ie: [1] - Chas takes a few steps back and takes a running start at jumping the fence.
However he trips and smacks head first into the fence breaking his nose.

ie2: [4] - Chas takes a few steps back and takes a running start at jumping the fence.
With grace and style he effortless jumps over the fence.

ie3: [6] - Chas takes a few steps back and takes a running start at jumping the fence.
As he jumps he jumps so high that he actually jumps right around the world and lands right back to where he started.

Failures can result in penalties. ie: "[1] - Chas breaks his right arm trying to jump the fence. Chas receives -X to rolls involving his right arm for X amount of turns".

They could also effect other players and they can be positive or negative depending on the outcome of the action. They also can only apply to certain things such as actions involving arms or legs.

Players than submit more actions and I give more results etc... and hopeful fun ensues but we'll see.

Players can die. Once dead they are replaced by the next person on the waiting list. Dead players are dead. They cannot rejoin the game.

Players can kill other players. (provided their actions succeed/fail).

Rules

- Rolls: [1] - Epic Fail, [2] - Kinda Fail, [3] - Kinda Success, [4] - Success, [5] - Perfect Success, [6] - Overshot (can be good or bad or neutral).
- Physics: Real World
- Number of Players: 6
- Number of Waiting List: Unlimited
- Death: Permanent
- Actions: Flexible, No God Actions
- Time to post action before auto-killed: 48 Hours

Story

Your plane has crashed on a strange island in the middle of nowhere. A storm has caused your plane to be way off its planed route so don't expect anyone to find you any time soon. The plane crumbled up at low altitude over the island and much of the plane, and its passengers, have been scattered over the island.
Luckily the 6 of you are plummeting to Earth in the same broken section of the plane.

Goal

- Survive
- Escape the island

Players (First in first serve)
- Full Circle
- Rev
- Girly

Waiting List

Dead

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Roll to Dodge (forum game... yes another one) - Desert Island Edition
I break free an aluminum section of the damaged plane and that serves as a perfect aerodynamic foil so I glide down safely to the island shore.

(BTW - how can the plane both have crashed and our broken piece be still falling from the sky?)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-01-2015, 09:27 AM
I grow a pair of angel wings.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Wait, we need to survive the actual crash? Confused

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
28-01-2015, 03:42 PM
I kill Piggy.

#sigh
28-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Well we need 3 more players but seeming as it's new I'll do the first three to give you an idea how this works.

Full Circle - [2] As the plane section plummets rapidly to Earth Full Circle gets out of his seat and rips a piece of broken aluminium from the wall. He holds it above his head and begins to glide down. Saddly he has no method of steering and as he gets closer to the ground he smacks into a tree.

Full Circle has landing on the island near the beach.
He has broken his right leg. -1 to rolls involving leg actions.

Rev - [5] As the plane section plummets to Earth Rev pulls out a birthday cake and makes a wish that he had angel wings so he could fly to safety. Luckily the non-existent Birthday God answered his birthday wish and large angel wings have sprouted from his back allowing him to safely land on the beach right next to a small rock formation that appears somewhat like flint.

Rev has grown angel wings.
Rev has found flint.

Girlyman - [4] As the plane section plummeted to Earth Girly looked around his surroundings for anything that could help save his life. As he looked around he found a large stuffed animal pig. He quickly grabbed it and held on for dear life. As he crashed the large soft pig softened his blow, saving his life. Saddly it tore the pig to shreds.

Girly has landed safely on the beach.
Girly has a bunch of stuffing from a large stuff toy pig.

Quote:(BTW - how can the plane both have crashed and our broken piece be still falling from the sky?)

The magic of television.

Quote:Wait, we need to survive the actual crash?

Yes.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Isn't this just TTA D&D?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-01-2015, 04:23 PM
What's your point?

28-01-2015, 04:28 PM
(28-01-2015 04:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What's your point?

Just asking if this is D&D, and if so, do we get items, powers, and abilities?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
28-01-2015, 04:32 PM
(28-01-2015 04:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 04:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What's your point?

Just asking if this is D&D, and if so, do we get items, powers, and abilities?

It's similar to D&D I guess. The theme and rules are pretty flexible. If someone was to do another you could be pretty creative.

You get items, though you have to find them. ie: Girly currently has a bunch of soft toy stuffing. You don't have powers or abilities in this. Though you can do almost any action. ie: Rev just grew angel wings that allow him to glide around.

We need more people by the way (that's a hint.).