Roman chariots found in the Red Sea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Roman chariots found in the Red Sea
So I was reading up on this because a Christian friend of mine told me about it last week. I had no idea they found this stuff in the Red Sea. Not that Chariots in the Red Sea prove anything. Take a look at this website and have some fun reading the comments below.

http://www.preteristarchive.com/Ancient_...ssing.html

We're more popular than Jesus - John Lennon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2012, 10:41 AM
RE: Roman chariots found in the Red Sea
(24-06-2012 10:23 AM)Babyeater Wrote:  So I was reading up on this because a Christian friend of mine told me about it last week. I had no idea they found this stuff in the Red Sea. Not that Chariots in the Red Sea prove anything. Take a look at this website and have some fun reading the comments below.

I think you mean Egyptian chariots. Smile

It's proof that people have littered the ocean for as long as they have had wheels to throw into the ocean. What will people say 4000 years from now about the trash generated by the Japanese earthquake/tsunami of 2011?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
24-06-2012, 10:41 AM
I can't find any external sources on the website other than the website dailymail.co.uk, which is the equivalent of the U.S.A.'s Fox News.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
24-06-2012, 10:45 AM
(24-06-2012 10:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I can't find any external sources on the website other than the website dailymail.co.uk, which is the equivalent of the U.S.A.'s Fox News.
which is the equivalent of a steaming pile of poop...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-06-2012, 11:08 AM
(24-06-2012 10:41 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-06-2012 10:23 AM)Babyeater Wrote:  So I was reading up on this because a Christian friend of mine told me about it last week. I had no idea they found this stuff in the Red Sea. Not that Chariots in the Red Sea prove anything. Take a look at this website and have some fun reading the comments below.

I think you mean Egyptian chariots. Smile

It's proof that people have littered the ocean for as long as they have had wheels to throw into the ocean. What will people say 4000 years from now about the trash generated by the Japanese earthquake/tsunami of 2011?
What a stupid mistake. Well can't fix it now! There's no edit button for me. : )

We're more popular than Jesus - John Lennon
[+] 1 user Likes Babyeater's post
24-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey, Erxomai.

Granted, it's a pretty big leap to assume that a chariot in the Red Sea is proof of Moses parting it, but come on now, don't dismiss the entire discipline of archeology. They're the same people who are putting together the fossil record. Chillax.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
24-06-2012, 12:05 PM
[Image: 220px-Merneptah_Israel_Stele_Cairo.JPG]
Merneptah Stele—also known as the Israel Stele or Victory Stele of Merneptah

Yeah Flinders, (the best butler ever).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merneptah_Stele

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-06-2012, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2012 12:42 PM by kim.)
(24-06-2012 11:30 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Granted, it's a pretty big leap to assume that a chariot in the Red Sea is proof of Moses parting it, but come on now, don't dismiss the entire discipline of archeology. They're the same people who are putting together the fossil record. Chillax.

I don't think he's dismissing anything. The trash from the Tsunami will tell us a great deal about that particular event.

I helped excavate a black smith shop and great care was taken in the area of the "trash pile". Believe me... the out house and the path to it, were the prized areas that everyone wanted to be "their spot" on the dig. People discard and lose, what tells us quite a lot about how they lived.

As for the chariots at the bottom of the ocean. Ships sink all the time with carts, horses, people, some complete with full houses, are strewn like trash across the bottom of seas all over the planet. Finding them will only help explain a particular portion of history.

Archeologists find their best shit in the trash. If or how discovered objects might be connected to a particular people or event, is the very foundation of archeology.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
24-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Archaeologists are not the same as paleontologists. They do not have anything to do with the fossil record. Paleoanthropologists do reconstruct human fossil lineages.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
24-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Irregardfully, the chariots will tell us more than, "People litter."

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt