Rome 2 Total War

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2013, 04:31 PM
RE: Rome 2 Total War
(01-08-2013 10:33 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 07:53 AM)Riqposso Wrote:  You mean Foreveeer !

I still think Rome has one of the best soundtracks out there

And the most badass intro

No doubt mate . Correct Thumbsup

His neighbour brings Ashure , They eat it with bread !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Riqposso's post
04-08-2013, 01:57 AM
Popped my Total War cherry a few weeks ago with Empire, and bringing the Indians all the way to Sweden, overland, was awesome. Any TW games that you consider better than that one?

Besides Rome 2, of course.

Ignorance is bliss. Better than that is actually knowing what the Censored is going on.
04-08-2013, 09:36 AM
(04-08-2013 01:57 AM)TheHappyHeretic Wrote:  Popped my Total War cherry a few weeks ago with Empire, and bringing the Indians all the way to Sweden, overland, was awesome. Any TW games that you consider better than that one?

Besides Rome 2, of course.

Honestly, they're all fucking good.
The least good was probably Napoleon, but even that is awesome.

Rome TW was probably the best in the sense that there are plenty of different units (as opposed to say Shogun 2 where it was very much a triangle system of sword beats spear, spear beats horse, horse beats archer, archer beats sword sort of thing), like for example the Roman factions had unique distinctive Roman units (legions for example), or the Carthaginians had elephants and camels and stuff etc.. Each faction was unique (or at least had unique elements) yet it was all roughly (ish) balanced (if you don't take into account a few OP units...).
It just felt like a great strategy game.
Empire I think has the same downside (if you can call it that) that Shogun 2 has, in that each faction plays roughly the same, the only difference being location (ie: Britain is an island nation v Russia which is.. well.. Russia.. Or in Shogun, Date faction is at the very top of the map compared to say Takeda which are right in the center surrounded by everyone...).
BUT, as I said, all of them are great.

Though...:
Empire > Napoleon
Everything > Medieval II

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
(04-08-2013 09:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Honestly, they're all fucking good.
The least good was probably Napoleon, but even that is awesome.

Rome TW was probably the best in the sense that there are plenty of different units (as opposed to say Shogun 2 where it was very much a triangle system of sword beats spear, spear beats horse, horse beats archer, archer beats sword sort of thing), like for example the Roman factions had unique distinctive Roman units (legions for example), or the Carthaginians had elephants and camels and stuff etc.. Each faction was unique (or at least had unique elements) yet it was all roughly (ish) balanced (if you don't take into account a few OP units...).
It just felt like a great strategy game.
Empire I think has the same downside (if you can call it that) that Shogun 2 has, in that each faction plays roughly the same, the only difference being location (ie: Britain is an island nation v Russia which is.. well.. Russia.. Or in Shogun, Date faction is at the very top of the map compared to say Takeda which are right in the center surrounded by everyone...).
BUT, as I said, all of them are great.

Though...:
Empire > Napoleon
Everything > Medieval II

Huh. I know what's next on my 'to play' list, then, thanks. What's with the Medieval II hate, though? From what I've heard it's on par with TW.

Ignorance is bliss. Better than that is actually knowing what the Censored is going on.
04-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Just don't like it as much as the others. If I remember correctly it just felt like one big gunpowder race.
In saying that, it has been a while and it is my least played Total War.
I might reinstall it actually.

Certainly give it a shot if you like, see for yourself.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Will do. It'll be a good month for strategy, with EU IV and all. But that's another thread entirely...

04-08-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm one step a head of you.
Scroll down to OMG OMG OMG etc.. thread.

04-08-2013, 10:10 PM
I started Total War with Medieval+Viking Invasion, and loved it even with its many glitches (ie. a one-man cavalry unit causing one hundred casualties at the end of the battle). I've played MTW, RTW, M2TW, and ETW.

I find Total War campaigns are a good way to force myself into challenges. When you play a campaign, you can't always choose your battles, and you might have a small force of crap units being attacked by a superior AI force. Fighting a seemingly hopeless battle is actually great fun. It is very different from multiplayer or Skirmish, where you get to choose what you use and where you fight.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
05-08-2013, 07:15 AM
(04-08-2013 10:10 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  I started Total War with Medieval+Viking Invasion, and loved it even with its many glitches (ie. a one-man cavalry unit causing one hundred casualties at the end of the battle). I've played MTW, RTW, M2TW, and ETW.

I find Total War campaigns are a good way to force myself into challenges. When you play a campaign, you can't always choose your battles, and you might have a small force of crap units being attacked by a superior AI force. Fighting a seemingly hopeless battle is actually great fun. It is very different from multiplayer or Skirmish, where you get to choose what you use and where you fight.

I remember when I first started playing Rome, I just made a giant army of cheap cavalry units and just used steamrolled everyone before they could make any heavy infantry to defend themselves. Now, all I do is just play Greek Citystates and spam armored hoplites from Sparta and pretty much defeat everyone.

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous
05-08-2013, 07:45 AM
If you're playing Rome: Total War without Europa Barbarorum, you're doing it wrong.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post