Romney Picks Ryan, Member of Church of the Devil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Romney Picks Ryan, Member of Church of the Devil
One bit of religious trivia to note with regard to the upcoming US election - Mormon doctrine considers the Catholic Church to be "The Church of the Devil", or alternately "The Great and Abominable Church", "The Whore of All the Earth" or "The Harlot" depending on which bit of scripture is being read. Romney's VP pick, Paul Ryan, is a Catholic.

This strengthens my observation that Romney compartmentalizes his Mormonism from his role in the public sector. He is a devout Mormon, coming from a prominent Mormon family, and I believe the hesitance to release his tax returns is due to how it will reveal his financial donations to the church. At the same time, he is able to separate his religious beliefs from his role as an elected leader, and choose a VP who would otherwise be considered abhorrent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2012, 05:06 AM
RE: Romney Picks Ryan, Member of Church of the Devil
Or it's to lessen the people's hatred of Mormons--making it a political move even though he could despise the man.
[+] 1 user Likes elemts's post
14-08-2012, 07:02 AM
That would be consistent with Ryan's ignoring his church's leaders, when he feel like it. The USCCB denounced his budget, and he tried to quibble. The bishops did not agree. He says he's a Catholic, but does not accept their authority.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...ver-budget

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop fucking it up with your prayers.
15-08-2012, 12:13 AM
(14-08-2012 03:28 AM)Jeff Wrote:  - Mormon doctrine considers the Catholic Church to be "The Church of the Devil", or alternately "The Great and Abominable Church", "The Whore of All the Earth" or "The Harlot" depending on which bit of scripture is being read.

I thought that only Jehovah's Whitnesses believed that.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 11:34 AM
(15-08-2012 12:13 AM)KVron Wrote:  
(14-08-2012 03:28 AM)Jeff Wrote:  - Mormon doctrine considers the Catholic Church to be "The Church of the Devil", or alternately "The Great and Abominable Church", "The Whore of All the Earth" or "The Harlot" depending on which bit of scripture is being read.

I thought that only Jehovah's Whitnesses believed that.

This is taught in Mormon Doctrine by LDS Apostle Bruce R. McKonkie. However, his opinions are coming under disfavor, so I think younger Mormons might not have even heard this.

www.Theofrak.com - because traditional religion is so frakked up

[Image: evol2.png]
15-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Or, you know, he could've just pick him because he considers him a good running mate based on republican ideals.

I honestly don't think Romney has ever used religion as a platform. I think he's doing a pretty good job of separating religion and politics; however, others are constantly trying to shove in people's faces.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
15-08-2012, 06:04 PM
(15-08-2012 02:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Or, you know, he could've just pick him because he considers him a good running mate based on republican ideals.

I honestly don't think Romney has ever used religion as a platform. I think he's doing a pretty good job of separating religion and politics; however, others are constantly trying to shove in people's faces.

Why would anyone separate religion from their choices, especially if they consider their religion true and important?

The reference made here from Revelation is that the Catholic Church will be "the beast's" main arm for gaining control of the masses, further exemplified in the Left Behind series. If Protestants seriously thought that the Catholic Church would usher in The Tribulation, I think they'd be a little more critical of Catholics in leadership roles, no matter what their positive traits are. But I don't think that Romney is very faithful to his religion.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Hey Starcrash. What are you trying to say here?

Nancy Peloci, Joe Biden and John Carey are Catholic.
Catholics currently make up 28% of congress.

Should they all immediately resign and no more catholics be allowed to run for public office?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
16-08-2012, 09:27 PM
(15-08-2012 10:36 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Should they all immediately resign and no more catholics be allowed to run for public office?

Ideally......yes.....but why limit it to only catholics?

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
16-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Anyone remember JFK?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.