Romney is racking up some pretty solid endorsements.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Romney is racking up some pretty solid endorsements.
Jeb Bush
H. W. Bush
Marco Rubio

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/...earned-it/

Many in this forum may not think much of these endorsements but in Republican eyes this means a lot I think.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 11:09 AM

RE: Romney is racking up some pretty solid endorsements.
(29-03-2012 08:42 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Jeb Bush
H. W. Bush
Marco Rubio

Many in this forum may not think much of these endorsements but in Republican eyes this means a lot I think.

Yep, its called "Kingmaking". Nothing suprising about this.
Palin WISHES she were a kingmaker. She's just too stupid to be taken seriously....but that dont stop her for trying.
These are the BIG moves on the chess board that (sucks for you) keep the likes of Ron Paul out of the race. THIS is why i have always felt RP never had a snowballs chance in hell.
What will MAKE or BREAK Romney will be his VP pick. As we have discussed, THATS where RP has a chance, and its a sure fire way to engergize the base (aka Palin) and a guaranteed way of getting 100% of the Tea Party vote.
I firmly believe a Mitt/Paul ticket will easily trump obama. Mitt and anyone else....no one will care enough to show up and vote.
Now we just have to wait and see.
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 11:47 AM
(29-03-2012 11:09 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 08:42 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Jeb Bush
H. W. Bush
Marco Rubio

Yep, its called "Kingmaking". Nothing suprising about this.
Palin WISHES she were a kingmaker. She's just too stupid to be taken seriously....but that dont stop her for trying.
These are the BIG moves on the chess board that (sucks for you) keep the likes of Ron Paul out of the race. THIS is why i have always felt RP never had a snowballs chance in hell.
What will MAKE or BREAK Romney will be his VP pick. As we have discussed, THATS where RP has a chance, and its a sure fire way to engergize the base (aka Palin) and a guaranteed way of getting 100% of the Tea Party vote.
I firmly believe a Mitt/Paul ticket will easily trump obama. Mitt and anyone else....no one will care enough to show up and vote.
Now we just have to wait and see.
I'm not one to quit so as long as my guy is in the race and had a mathematical possibility I'm not giving up. I didn't quit on LSU against Bama and I won't quite now.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
29-03-2012, 11:21 PM
As a former Mormon, I really can't see this country electing one. A big chunk of the religious right doesn't even count Mormons as Christians and therefore not part of the club. Mormons are considered crazy even by the religious big boys, which is saying something. Maybe I'm missing something.
30-03-2012, 08:50 AM

(29-03-2012 11:21 PM)KnowNothing Wrote:  As a former Mormon, I really can't see this country electing one. A big chunk of the religious right doesn't even count Mormons as Christians and therefore not part of the club. Mormons are considered crazy even by the religious big boys, which is saying something. Maybe I'm missing something.

Well, here's the hail mary play i see playing out.
Mitt gets the nod, Paul gets the VP job.
Paul shures up the garden variety Christians that were nervous about Mitt's magic underwear. Paul sures up the Tea Party oddballs that cant vote for Mitt. What Paul will do is GIVE Mitt legitimacy. They'll tell themselves they are voting for Paul, not Mitt and are also voting AGAINST Obama.
If Mitt chooses anyone other than Paul for VP, he's done.
I think the only way Palin will be a VP pick again is of Santorum somehow manages to get the nod. I dont see Palin interested in Mitts reign.
Politically the Romney/Paul ticket would be a BRILLIANT move!
Mitt would have a luke warm turn out. With Paul on the ticket, i seriously think we'd see a landslide victory.

Paul balances all those uncertian feelings about Mitt's Mormonism.
Thats how i see it.
[+] 2 users Like Denicio's post
30-03-2012, 08:52 AM
(30-03-2012 08:50 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 11:21 PM)KnowNothing Wrote:  As a former Mormon, I really can't see this country electing one. A big chunk of the religious right doesn't even count Mormons as Christians and therefore not part of the club. Mormons are considered crazy even by the religious big boys, which is saying something. Maybe I'm missing something.

Well, here's the hail mary play i see playing out.
Mitt gets the nod, Paul gets the VP job.
Paul shures up the garden variety Christians that were nervous about Mitt's magic underwear. Paul sures up the Tea Party oddballs that cant vote for Mitt. What Paul will do is GIVE Mitt legitimacy. They'll tell themselves they are voting for Paul, not Mitt and are also voting AGAINST Obama.
If Mitt chooses anyone other than Paul for VP, he's done.
I think the only way Palin will be a VP pick again is of Santorum somehow manages to get the nod. I dont see Palin interested in Mitts reign.
Politically the Romney/Paul ticket would be a BRILLIANT move!
Mitt would have a luke warm turn out. With Paul on the ticket, i seriously think we'd see a landslide victory.

Paul balances all those uncertian feelings about Mitt's Mormonism.
Thats how i see it.
Holy crap. We agree. Like, 100% agree. Well said, dude.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-03-2012, 08:55 AM
If that's the case I really hope Paul accepts a VP from Romney. I desperately want to see his message on a national stage. Even if it is just VP.

-Mark Twain
30-03-2012, 08:59 AM

(30-03-2012 08:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  If that's the case I really hope Paul accepts a VP from Romney. I desperately want to see his message on a national stage. Even if it is just VP.
If romney is a smart man, then you sir shall get your wish!
30-03-2012, 09:04 AM
(30-03-2012 08:59 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 08:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  If that's the case I really hope Paul accepts a VP from Romney. I desperately want to see his message on a national stage. Even if it is just VP.
If romney is a smart man, then you sir shall get your wish!
I don't know. I have a feeling he'll do what he thinks Republicans think he should do. Like pick Rubio or Ryan.

-Mark Twain
30-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Speak of the devil

Add Paul Ryan to the mix.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/...omination/

-Mark Twain