Ron Paul Supporters Hope to Dominate Missouri Delegation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Ron Paul Supporters Hope to Dominate Missouri Delegation
Quote:ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI)– Missourians struggling to find an answer to the question: “Who will I back for president?” Not everyone is ready to endorse the frontrunner Governor Mitt Romney. In fact, Missouri may well show up as a rogue state endorsing Texas Congressman Ron Paul. Ron Paul supporters describe the congressman as a man who is very principled and consistent. Paul carried St. Charles County GOP delegates four years ago.

He also forced a second caucus last night after participants refused to go along in March with changes to the caucus structure. Republican leaders from the state party had little choice but to go along with a new caucus meeting and be sure everyone had their say.

They admit, the Ron Paul supporters may dominate the congressional district meetings and seize all of Missouri’s delegates for Ron Paul.

Actual delegates to the GOP convention in Tampa this summer will be chosen April 21st and during the state convention in June.

http://fox2now.com/2012/04/11/ron-paul-s...hpt=po_bn6

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Ron Paul Supporters Hope to Dominate Missouri Delegation
I live in Missouri and although I am a Democrat, most of my politically inclined friends endorse Ron Paul.
[+] 1 user Likes MrGnawty's post
16-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Is it mathematically possible for Paul? Either way I'm writing him in but would love to see him as the nominee

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
16-04-2012, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 12:58 PM by MrGnawty.)
My guess is no. I think the media is right to write off Ron Paul and Gingrich seeing as Paul has not won a single state, has a mere fraction of the delegates that Romney has and (to my knowledge) no known endorsements from fellow officiating Republicans.
GAH! I hate to double post, but I wanted to add that even though I think the media is right to write off the other nominees, that doesn't mean I am against Ron Paul. He is one of the few Republicans I can stand. I just know he doesn't have a chance and politically, the Republicans would have a better shot if they rallied behind one candidate instead of dragging their heels, trying to find ANYONE but the one guy we all know will be the nominee. They need to build excitement if they want to win, but that won't happen as long as the party is divided.
16-04-2012, 01:01 PM
(16-04-2012 12:16 PM)MrGnawty Wrote:  My guess is no. I think the media is right to write off Ron Paul and Gingrich seeing as Paul has not won a single state, has a mere fraction of the delegates that Romney has and (to my knowledge) no known endorsements from fellow officiating Republicans.
GAH! I hate to double post, but I wanted to add that even though I think the media is right to write off the other nominees, that doesn't mean I am against Ron Paul. He is one of the few Republicans I can stand. I just know he doesn't have a chance and politically, the Republicans would have a better shot if they rallied behind one candidate instead of dragging their heels, trying to find ANYONE but the one guy we all know will be the nominee. They need to build excitement if they want to win, but that won't happen as long as the party is divided.
Neither Paul nor Romney have any guaranteed delegates. None are binding until convention in Tampa. Ron Paul didn't win the Missouri straw vote but will almost certainly carry the most delegates from that state.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-04-2012, 01:10 PM
They may not be guaranteed, but they might as well be. While I understand that a Ron Paul candidacy for President is possible I fully realize that it is not in the least bit probable.
16-04-2012, 01:16 PM
(16-04-2012 01:10 PM)MrGnawty Wrote:  They may not be guaranteed, but they might as well be. While I understand that a Ron Paul candidacy for President is possible I fully realize that it is not in the least bit probable.
A very large variable is the brokered convention. It's highly unlikely that Paul wins if Romney manages to reach a projected 1144 delegates. It's very likely that Paul will win if Romney doesn't make it to 1144 delegates. Should he not get there there will be disagreement as to whether a guy who outspent his opponents like 5 to 1 and still couldn't reach 1144 should be the nominee. And Ron Paul supporters are flooding the delegate selection process in every state. If those delegates aren't bound to voting Romney they will go Paul. Most of them at least.

-Mark Twain
16-04-2012, 01:32 PM
(16-04-2012 01:16 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 01:10 PM)MrGnawty Wrote:  They may not be guaranteed, but they might as well be. While I understand that a Ron Paul candidacy for President is possible I fully realize that it is not in the least bit probable.
A very large variable is the brokered convention. It's highly unlikely that Paul wins if Romney manages to reach a projected 1144 delegates. It's very likely that Paul will win if Romney doesn't make it to 1144 delegates. Should he not get there there will be disagreement as to whether a guy who outspent his opponents like 5 to 1 and still couldn't reach 1144 should be the nominee. And Ron Paul supporters are flooding the delegate selection process in every state. If those delegates aren't bound to voting Romney they will go Paul. Most of them at least.
It's hard to say that when he's this far behind. You're also forgetting the super delegates who have already endorsed Romney. It is very unlikely this will go on to the brokered convention. With ALL of the endorsements Romney has, it is very clear that the party as a whole wants to get behind the guy with the money to combat the kind of fundraising dollars that Obama can pull. There are a lot of variables to consider, but not many increase the probability of Ron Paul becoming the nominee.
16-04-2012, 01:39 PM
(16-04-2012 01:32 PM)MrGnawty Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 01:16 PM)germanyt Wrote:  A very large variable is the brokered convention. It's highly unlikely that Paul wins if Romney manages to reach a projected 1144 delegates. It's very likely that Paul will win if Romney doesn't make it to 1144 delegates. Should he not get there there will be disagreement as to whether a guy who outspent his opponents like 5 to 1 and still couldn't reach 1144 should be the nominee. And Ron Paul supporters are flooding the delegate selection process in every state. If those delegates aren't bound to voting Romney they will go Paul. Most of them at least.
It's hard to say that when he's this far behind. You're also forgetting the super delegates who have already endorsed Romney. It is very unlikely this will go on to the brokered convention. With ALL of the endorsements Romney has, it is very clear that the party as a whole wants to get behind the guy with the money to combat the kind of fundraising dollars that Obama can pull. There are a lot of variables to consider, but not many increase the probability of Ron Paul becoming the nominee.
Ron Paul would have more money than Romney if Romney wasn't in the race. The Republican base for the most part doesn't care about message. They care about who can scream 'No More Obama!' the loudest. Republicans are going to vote for Rs no matter what. It's independents that candidates must attract. Romney and Gringrich have no shot at accomplishing this. Not only can Ron Paul get independents but there are even Dems who would vote Paul over Obama. Also, there are a lot of Paul supporters who will vote Dem over Romney. Without Ron Paul the Republicans have no chance of beating Obama. If the RNC was smart they would back Paul. And so would right wing media.

-Mark Twain
16-04-2012, 01:43 PM
(16-04-2012 01:39 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 01:32 PM)MrGnawty Wrote:  It's hard to say that when he's this far behind. You're also forgetting the super delegates who have already endorsed Romney. It is very unlikely this will go on to the brokered convention. With ALL of the endorsements Romney has, it is very clear that the party as a whole wants to get behind the guy with the money to combat the kind of fundraising dollars that Obama can pull. There are a lot of variables to consider, but not many increase the probability of Ron Paul becoming the nominee.
Ron Paul would have more money than Romney if Romney wasn't in the race. The Republican base for the most part doesn't care about message. They care about who can scream 'No More Obama!' the loudest. Republicans are going to vote for Rs no matter what. It's independents that candidates must attract. Romney and Gringrich have no shot at accomplishing this. Not only can Ron Paul get independents but there are even Dems who would vote Paul over Obama. Also, there are a lot of Paul supporters who will vote Dem over Romney. Without Ron Paul the Republicans have no chance of beating Obama. If the RNC was smart they would back Paul. And so would right wing media.
It will be interesting to come back to this thread after Romney gets the nomination and Obama trounces him. HAHAHA Thumbsup

This is all just speculation though. It's impossible to make any real claims as to who can or will do what.