Ron Paul slams SOPA, Patriot Act, and NDAA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2012, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 09:18 PM by germanyt.)
Ron Paul slams SOPA, Patriot Act, and NDAA
[youtube]GWEVsxwIb5k[/youtube]
The embed isn't working for me.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Here's the video ...
(06-01-2012 09:13 PM)germanyt Wrote:  [youtube]GWEVsxwIb5k[/youtube]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-01-2012, 08:35 AM
RE: Here's the video ...
(06-01-2012 09:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-01-2012 09:13 PM)germanyt Wrote:  [youtube]GWEVsxwIb5k[/youtube]

Sad but he would be the first guy to put my father on a ship and say see you later. He's all about liberty as long as it fits his idea of what that is. My father fought in WW2 and seen every island through the barrel of his gun. But he's Hispanic and That bigot would love to see him and all of us go. 2nd He would put my mother out on the street and cut her SSI ASAP. 3rd he would take away her health coverage that is medicare. Ron Paul is a asshole. He's wonderful if you have allot of cash, but if you are poor or elderly watch out. 4th he is a libertarian till it comes to women's rights! then he wants to come into your bedroom and tell you what to do if you get knocked up. He's a contraindication in terms. Half of what he said is great but the other half is so dangerous you cant vote for him.
07-01-2012, 08:40 AM
RE: Ron Paul slams SOPA, Patriot Act, and NDAA
That is such a load of shit. ^ You don't know anything about Ron Paul.

Ill just leave this here. I'm on mobile so if someone could embed I'd appreciate it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&c...fnGf8wmxUA

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-01-2012, 10:04 AM
[quote='germanyt' pid='68565' dateline='1325947211']
That is such a load of shit. ^ You don't know anything about Ron Paul.

I've been watching him for years. I may have socks older than you. His letters say everything he is about.
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
The War on Religion

by Rep. Ron Paul, MD
by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

As we celebrate another Yuletide season, it's hard not to notice that Christmas in America simply doesn't feel the same anymore. Although an overwhelming majority of Americans celebrate Christmas, and those who don't celebrate it overwhelmingly accept and respect our nation's Christmas traditions, a certain shared public sentiment slowly has disappeared. The Christmas spirit, marked by a wonderful feeling of goodwill among men, is in danger of being lost in the ongoing war against religion.

Through perverse court decisions and years of cultural indoctrination, the elitist, secular Left has managed to convince many in our nation that religion must be driven from public view. The justification is always that someone, somewhere, might possibly be offended or feel uncomfortable living in the midst of a largely Christian society, so all must yield to the fragile sensibilities of the few. The ultimate goal of the anti-religious elites is to transform America into a completely secular nation, a nation that is legally and culturally biased against Christianity.

This growing bias explains why many of our wonderful Christmas traditions have been lost. Christmas pageants and plays, including Handel's Messiah, have been banned from schools and community halls. Nativity scenes have been ordered removed from town squares, and even criticized as offensive when placed on private church lawns. Office Christmas parties have become taboo, replaced by colorless seasonal parties to ensure no employees feel threatened by a “hostile environment.” Even wholly non-religious decorations featuring Santa Claus, snowmen, and the like have been called into question as Christmas symbols that might cause discomfort. Earlier this month, firemen near Chicago reluctantly removed Christmas decorations from their firehouse after a complaint by some embittered busybody. Most noticeably, however, the once commonplace refrain of “Merry Christmas” has been replaced by the vague, ubiquitous “Happy Holidays.” But what holiday? Is Christmas some kind of secret, a word that cannot be uttered in public? Why have we allowed the secularists to intimidate us into downplaying our most cherished and meaningful Christian celebration?

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders' political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government's hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life.

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war.
December 30, 2003

I liked ron paul until i did a google search of ron paul voting record on separation of church and state, Ill post some bills later but suffice to say he is a dumb ass and a horrible person. Here is a good list of some bad bills he supported

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/11/ron...gress.html
[+] 2 users Like Charles Darwin's post
07-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I agree he has some good ideas, but once you pull out the ole' magnifying glass and read the fine print you see a completely different picture. That's the problem with our general public. They refuse to read the fine print.

I actually fell for his videos for a bit and then I started digging deeper. He's just as bad as the rest of the fundies. It's a shame really.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
08-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Ron Paul is like two giant M&M's ! One is against the war and the other is legalizing drugs, BUT under them M&M's is a bigger pile of SHIT. Once you dig deeper into what he is all about he would screw everyone who depends on any government agency. Say goodbye to the FDA, EPA, SSI, Medicare, the postal service, you name it and it will be gone. If it's not in the Constitution it is not staying. Oh if he messed with the fed now we would be in a bigger depression than the 20's ever had.
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
09-01-2012, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 08:40 AM by germanyt.)
(07-01-2012 06:41 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I agree he has some good ideas, but once you pull out the ole' magnifying glass and read the fine print you see a completely different picture. That's the problem with our general public. They refuse to read the fine print.

I actually fell for his videos for a bit and then I started digging deeper. He's just as bad as the rest of the fundies. It's a shame really.

See, I think it's funny that you think it's the Ron Paul voters who haven't read the find print. Keep in mind that Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, and Rick Perry actually got more than single digit votes. You want to criticized Ron Paul while Obama is in the White House and dog shit like the Republican candidates are running to take it from him. No one candidate lines up 100% with anyone's views. There will always be something to dislike. But Ron Paul is for individual liberty, balancing the budget, bringing troops home, and smart foreign policy. So you disagree with him on a few social issues. So what? He can't change them anyway and even if he could he's a fan of states rights. So he'd allow the states to make final decisions on things like that and things wont' differ much from where they are now. Blue states gonna blue and red states gonna red.
(07-01-2012 02:39 PM)Charles Darwin Wrote:  The War on Religion

by Rep. Ron Paul, MD
by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

As we celebrate another Yuletide season, it's hard not to notice that Christmas in America simply doesn't feel the same anymore. Although an overwhelming majority of Americans celebrate Christmas, and those who don't celebrate it overwhelmingly accept and respect our nation's Christmas traditions, a certain shared public sentiment slowly has disappeared. The Christmas spirit, marked by a wonderful feeling of goodwill among men, is in danger of being lost in the ongoing war against religion.

Through perverse court decisions and years of cultural indoctrination, the elitist, secular Left has managed to convince many in our nation that religion must be driven from public view. The justification is always that someone, somewhere, might possibly be offended or feel uncomfortable living in the midst of a largely Christian society, so all must yield to the fragile sensibilities of the few. The ultimate goal of the anti-religious elites is to transform America into a completely secular nation, a nation that is legally and culturally biased against Christianity.

This growing bias explains why many of our wonderful Christmas traditions have been lost. Christmas pageants and plays, including Handel's Messiah, have been banned from schools and community halls. Nativity scenes have been ordered removed from town squares, and even criticized as offensive when placed on private church lawns. Office Christmas parties have become taboo, replaced by colorless seasonal parties to ensure no employees feel threatened by a “hostile environment.” Even wholly non-religious decorations featuring Santa Claus, snowmen, and the like have been called into question as Christmas symbols that might cause discomfort. Earlier this month, firemen near Chicago reluctantly removed Christmas decorations from their firehouse after a complaint by some embittered busybody. Most noticeably, however, the once commonplace refrain of “Merry Christmas” has been replaced by the vague, ubiquitous “Happy Holidays.” But what holiday? Is Christmas some kind of secret, a word that cannot be uttered in public? Why have we allowed the secularists to intimidate us into downplaying our most cherished and meaningful Christian celebration?

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders' political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government's hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life.

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war.
December 30, 2003

I liked ron paul until i did a google search of ron paul voting record on separation of church and state, Ill post some bills later but suffice to say he is a dumb ass and a horrible person. Here is a good list of some bad bills he supported

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/11/ron...gress.html

Except for the last paragrah I don't disagree with anything he said. He's basically irrate at the PCness than surrounds the holidays. And he's right. Of course there isn't an organized secular group waging war on religion but figuratively I could certainly understand a Christin feeling that way.

-Mark Twain
11-01-2012, 08:59 AM
(09-01-2012 08:32 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(07-01-2012 06:41 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I agree he has some good ideas, but once you pull out the ole' magnifying glass and read the fine print you see a completely different picture. That's the problem with our general public. They refuse to read the fine print.

See, I think it's funny that you think it's the Ron Paul voters who haven't read the find print. Keep in mind that Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, and Rick Perry actually got more than single digit votes. You want to criticized Ron Paul while Obama is in the White House and dog shit like the Republican candidates are running to take it from him. No one candidate lines up 100% with anyone's views. There will always be something to dislike. But Ron Paul is for individual liberty, balancing the budget, bringing troops home, and smart foreign policy. So you disagree with him on a few social issues. So what? He can't change them anyway and even if he could he's a fan of states rights. So he'd allow the states to make final decisions on things like that and things wont' differ much from where they are now. Blue states gonna blue and red states gonna red.

I think you give too much credit to the majority of our general public. After all they did vote in George Bush (sorry couldn't resist). Speaking with friends and family locally, they have no clue about their politicians. A lady was passing out fliers for her husbands local election recently came to my door and I asked her what party he was in. She had no clue (seriously) and started on about "It depends on his religious views." Nothing about issues in our area, just if he believed in the same religious shit. This is one of the many reasons our country is in the shape it is now. We moved back down here from North Carolina, my daughter took the NC test equivalent to La ILEAP test, she still had to take the ILEAP test or repeat the 8th grade. Obviously she passed the ILEAP with flying colors. I was at the school board before the test and a man working there told my wife, "I'm sorry, that's Louisiana's laws, there's nothing you can do about it, we can't change it." I was like WHAT! We can't change it? He was quite satisfied that children moving from another state would have to repeat a grade if they didn't take the test. If we had a system set across the board this crap wouldn't be an issue. In a few years we are moving to Washington and I truly fear my two boys will stuggle horribly when it comes to education differences.

As far as state's rights, I'm not sure this is very well thought out. I can't see any reason to have 50 different rules to solve the same problem. Some states wants gay marriage, some states don't want gay marriage...huh? What sense does this make? So much for the United part of our country. If completely given their rights, states would surly screw the pooch on that one. Take a look at the differing state constitutions and what not if you need a simple example.

You live in a state that can't fix their damn roads and can't educate their kids. Louisiana has passed laws that could hinder education even more so. I could explain in more detail but I think state's rights aren't our major issue. Fix our damn federal government and the states wouldn't need an individual set of rules. It's annoying enough when you move to another state you have to learn all kinds of new laws that make little to no sense at all. Let's just make that easier for them to do. I could drink when I was 18 in Louisiana but if I drove 2 miles to across the river to Mississippi I could be arrested for under aged drinking.

I believe the whole reason we currently have state right problems is mostly due to religious injections into our lives. Why does a state need to make up it's own laws regarding Gay marriage? Religion. Why does a state need differing laws governing our education system? Religion mostly, ignorance. Why does a state need differing laws on anything?

All politicians have their issues. I personally can't vote for another conservative nut job. I hate both parties. I personally don't think Ron Paul is going to get the Repub nomination. I haven't been the least bit impressed by any candidate yet.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post