Ron Wyatt Finds The Blood Of Christ,Won't Produce It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2013, 06:34 AM
RE: Ron Wyatt Finds The Blood Of Christ,Won't Produce It
(02-10-2013 04:41 AM)excubitor Wrote:  What makes you think they were lost. The pillar of cloud led them through the wilderness.

For forty freakin' years?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
(02-10-2013 04:41 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 01:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  SNIP
What makes you think they were lost. The pillar of cloud led them through the wilderness.

True that. I learned the other day that "not all who wander are lost." My source, a bumper sticker I read. Not sure they meant 40 years, but that's enough authority for me.

The idea that pre-eminent experts in their field "may" have some good answers and complete archaeological novices may "also" have some good answers is pretty laughable, considering the amount of base knowledge required to participate in the field at all.

We get told that we are closed minded when we don't listen to debunked fraudsters and charlatans, but challenged when we introduce evidence from pre-eminent scholars. It all goes back to a giant conspiracy of atheist-leaning scientists trying to debunk the bible and undermine its authority. Snore......

What I want to know is how much time, energy and effort has gone into the constant debating of ridiculous ideas and stories that could have gone into something useful, like medicine for the poor, world peace, encouraging constitutional democracy for unrepresented peoples.... Even when the debate is over completely and they have lost, these people will continue to persist with bad ideas about evolution (a fact), the inaccuracy of the bible as a historical document (fact), etc. etc. etc. into infinity. They will never let go, and keep on insisting on creationism being taught in science even though it is not an accepted or acceptable theory. When were are closed about things that have been completely proven - we are closed-minded. Is there an emoticon for hopelessness and despair for the human condition? Fuck......

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Skippy538's post
02-10-2013, 10:14 AM
(02-10-2013 06:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 04:41 AM)excubitor Wrote:  What makes you think they were lost. The pillar of cloud led them through the wilderness.

For forty freakin' years?

Well, sure. I already showed how the vast distance of 800km would, in 40 years, necessitate a cruel and grueling pace of... 50 metres per day. But let's be more realistic - they'd've taken the Sabbath off, right? So that's an even more exhausting and challenging 65 metres per day, allowing for the occasional holiday (though of course, most Jewish holidays wouldn't exist, since they commemorate events which hadn't happened yet).

On their magical indestructible shoes and inexhaustible divine manna, our Israelite horde spent about 60 seconds per day walking (assuming a leisurely 4 km/h!) in their net final direction. Such a rush they were in!

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
02-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Undecided Seriously?

Ok.

Well then, when a christee judges me (or any random atheist) to be "lost". I'll just let them (and any random christee) know "I'm following my pillar of cloud through my own wilderness" and they just need to just fuck off.

Happy? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
02-10-2013, 12:48 PM
(02-10-2013 05:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

excubitor you have to come to realize that the reason none of us take what you have to say seriously is because your answer to every question is simply 'magic'... Drinking Beverage

'Magic' answers all questions and none. You can posit magic as an answer to any question, but it doesn't explain any of them. That's the problem with magical answers is they seemingly explain everything while actually explaining nothing.

How does the sun rise and set? Magic!

What causes the tides? Magic!

What cures sickness and disease? Magic!

How does Santa deliver all those presents? Magic!

How did the snake in the Garden of Eden talk if it had no vocal chords? Magic!

How does the light in your refrigerator know when to turn off? Magic!

How come when you put an even number of socks in the dryer, an odd number comes out? Magic!

How did 2 million Israelites wander the desert for 40 years and leave no trace of their passage? Magic!

How did magic do all of these things? FUCKING MAGIC! Laughat

How does magic work? FUCK IF I KNOW, BUT DON'T QUESTION IT! Weeping

Um, the issue isn't "magic" or "supernatural" or even "alien intelligences". The issue is stating something like "the Bible says they were lost" when the Bible says they were guided. It's called "what does the text say or claim?" and THEN refuting it. Here are your opportunities to help me refute the Bible text:

I apologize but it's hard to accept your continued argument from silence as I don't believe your response touches on these questions in any way:

*What evidence would we expect archaeology to find 3,500 years after nomadic tent dwellers pass through a shifting desert? What would be the geographic area we would expect to have been researched to make this argument from silence? The whole Sinai? Select samples?

*If we did find middens or garbage dumps, tools, etc. as evidence, what would we need to identify them as belonging to the Israelites? To mark them as part of another group?

--Poobs
02-10-2013, 12:52 PM
(02-10-2013 10:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 06:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  For forty freakin' years?

Well, sure. I already showed how the vast distance of 800km would, in 40 years, necessitate a cruel and grueling pace of... 50 metres per day. But let's be more realistic - they'd've taken the Sabbath off, right? So that's an even more exhausting and challenging 65 metres per day, allowing for the occasional holiday (though of course, most Jewish holidays wouldn't exist, since they commemorate events which hadn't happened yet).

On their magical indestructible shoes and inexhaustible divine manna, our Israelite horde spent about 60 seconds per day walking (assuming a leisurely 4 km/h!) in their net final direction. Such a rush they were in!

Censored I mean, I can't even believe this post. Censored

The Bible states that camps were established and that while the pillar stayed still, they encamped. With your ignorance of the Bible you missed your cue to invalidate the Exodus by seeking archaeological evidence or lack of it from where they camped for MONTHS on end.

From Exodus 40: Throughout all their journeys whenever the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the sons of Israel would set out; but if the cloud was not taken up, then they did not set out until the day when it was taken up.

From Numbers 9: Whenever the cloud was lifted from over the tent, afterward the sons of Israel would then set out; and in the place where the cloud settled down, there the sons of Israel would camp.

Censored Now I have to make the atheists' arguments FOR them. Censored
02-10-2013, 12:56 PM
(02-10-2013 12:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  With your ignorance of the Bible you missed your cue to invalidate the Exodus by seeking archaeological evidence or lack of it from where they camped for MONTHS on end.

Calm your little self down, Pooh-for-brains.
That is PRECISELY the argument that they have been making.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-10-2013, 01:00 PM
(02-10-2013 12:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 12:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  With your ignorance of the Bible you missed your cue to invalidate the Exodus by seeking archaeological evidence or lack of it from where they camped for MONTHS on end.

Calm your little self down, Pooh-for-brains.
Tongue

LOL. Just having a giggle, s'all.

I mean, I'm waiting for the "Santa's sled burns up at that speed over Christmas Eve" post next. Hobo

--Poobs.
02-10-2013, 01:03 PM
(02-10-2013 01:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 12:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Calm your little self down, Pooh-for-brains.
Tongue

LOL. Just having a giggle, s'all.

I mean, I'm waiting for the "Santa's sled burns up at that speed over Christmas Eve" post next. Hobo

--Poobs.

Back to the pamphlets.
So much for your comedy career. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-10-2013, 01:31 PM
(02-10-2013 01:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 01:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  LOL. Just having a giggle, s'all.

--Poobs.

Back to the pamphlets.
So much for your comedy career. Weeping

Yes, back to the serious. Try answering these:

I apologize but it's hard to accept your continued argument from silence as I don't believe your response touches on these questions in any way:

*What evidence would we expect archaeology to find 3,500 years after nomadic tent dwellers pass through a shifting desert? What would be the geographic area we would expect to have been researched to make this argument from silence? The whole Sinai? Select samples?

*If we did find middens or garbage dumps, tools, etc. as evidence, what would we need to identify them as belonging to the Israelites? To mark them as part of another group?