Ron Wyatt Finds The Blood Of Christ,Won't Produce It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Ron Wyatt Finds The Blood Of Christ,Won't Produce It
(04-10-2013 08:27 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:The spectacular miracle at Fatima is recorded history. Tens of thousands of witnesses and even skeptics testified to the Miracle of the Sun.

Um, look guys, I'm new here. Is this fucking guy for real?

As real as SavedByGraceThruFaith. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2013, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 08:48 PM by Minimalist.)
Quote:Right. There is no evidence they were ever IN the wilderness.

There is no evidence that they were ever in Egypt.

1- Mass slavery was unknown in Egypt until Greco-Roman times. The building projects of Egypt were done via corvee labor system of their own citizens.

2- There was a West Asiatic group known as "The Hyksos." They may have been brought into Egypt as a mercenary unit during the strife of the Second Intermediate Period and eventually consolidated themselves into the 15th Dynasty in the Delta area of Lower Egypt with their capital at Avaris. They were almost continually at war with the 16th and 17th Dynasties of Upper Egypt.

It was the founder of the 18th Dynasty, Ahmose I, who drove the Hyksos out of Egypt and back to Canaan where he besieged them and destroyed them at Sharuhen. Note carefully the name Ahmose. In Egyptian the root word "moses" means "son of." This gives us kings such as Ramosses (son of Ra), Thutmoses ( son of Thoth ) and Ahmoses ( son of Ah.) The root word "moses" by itself would mean "son of fucking nobody" which was certainly not a theophoric.

So the Hyksos were driven out of Egypt and they were rulers not slaves and they were destroyed by avenging Egyptians so the most we can say is that there may have been some garbled stories floating around Canaan - which was under Egyptian hegemony for 4 centuries following Ahmose I - about how they once ruled Egypt.

At any rate, there is nothing in the historical record which indicates that Egypt was ever "laid low" by catastrophes during the Late Bronze Age. As a matter of fact, the Egyptian empire expanded to its greatest point ever during the age of Thutmoses III which is right around when the Exodus would have had to have happened in order for your bible bullshit stories to be true. Thutmoses III does not seem to know he was conquered!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
04-10-2013, 08:45 PM
(04-10-2013 08:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 08:27 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Um, look guys, I'm new here. Is this fucking guy for real?

As real as SavedByGraceThruFaith. Drinking Beverage

That bad, huh? Tongue
04-10-2013, 08:48 PM
(04-10-2013 08:45 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 08:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  As real as SavedByGraceThruFaith. Drinking Beverage

That bad, huh? Tongue

Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2013, 09:02 PM
(04-10-2013 08:27 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:The spectacular miracle at Fatima is recorded history. Tens of thousands of witnesses and even skeptics testified to the Miracle of the Sun.

Um, look guys, I'm new here. Is this fucking guy for real?

He's holier than thou, (and he will tell you so).
He got kicked off Catholic Answers, and no one else will put up with him.
He's very special. Weeping

There is no evidence of a miracle at Fatima.
Not one legitimate astronomer said they saw the sun "dancing" in the sky.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-10-2013, 09:05 PM
There's also the fact that such would have meant the destruction of the earth. I'm pretty sure the earth is still here. So my belief in the Fatima miracle is not so much.
06-10-2013, 04:33 PM
(04-10-2013 07:11 PM)excubitor Wrote:  The spectacular miracle at Fatima is recorded history. Tens of thousands of witnesses and even skeptics testified to the Miracle of the Sun.
It wasn't much of a miracle actually. Drinking Beverage
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4110

You know, I always find it interesting when people believe in this type of thing. What would be the point of God showing us a "miracle" of this sort? I would assume most believers see it as some kind of proof or evidence that he exists. But really? This is the best an omnipotent god could do? A dancing sun? It seems to me that, if he really wanted to provide proof, we would all have no doubt after he finished. Or, if this wasn't supposed to be proof, then what?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
07-10-2013, 02:06 AM
(06-10-2013 04:33 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 07:11 PM)excubitor Wrote:  The spectacular miracle at Fatima is recorded history. Tens of thousands of witnesses and even skeptics testified to the Miracle of the Sun.
It wasn't much of a miracle actually. Drinking Beverage
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4110

You know, I always find it interesting when people believe in this type of thing. What would be the point of God showing us a "miracle" of this sort? I would assume most believers see it as some kind of proof or evidence that he exists. But really? This is the best an omnipotent god could do? A dancing sun? It seems to me that, if he really wanted to provide proof, we would all have no doubt after he finished. Or, if this wasn't supposed to be proof, then what?
Even if you saw with your own eyes the Red sea part and the Israelites pass through the gap and the waters close over the Egyptians and the chariots you would still not believe. You would say to God "Is that the best you can do? Is that supposed to be proof".

This is the hardness of heart of the Israelites who even though they witnessed his miracles refused to believe his promises and refused to trust him in faith. Mere belief forced upon you as irrefutable proof is not enough. It is the softness and humility of heart that comes by belief through faith which pleases God.

Every day we see miracles. Gravity is a perpetual miracle which has all the hallmarks of a supernatural force and yet you do not believe. The fact that the universe can spin around us in 24 hours is a perpetual miracle. For those who believe in a rotating earth, this too if it were true could only occur through a perpetual miracle. Miracles are our daily fare. The miracle of new life through the birth of a baby. The miracle of music, art, happiness and love. All miracles of the creation which demand a creator.

Miracles which you too have denied because of the hardness of your disbelieving heart.
07-10-2013, 02:53 AM
(07-10-2013 02:06 AM)excubitor Wrote:  Even if you saw with your own eyes the Red sea part and the Israelites pass through the gap and the waters close over the Egyptians and the chariots you would still not believe. You would say to God "Is that the best you can do? Is that supposed to be proof".

This is the hardness of heart of the Israelites who even though they witnessed his miracles refused to believe his promises and refused to trust him in faith. Mere belief forced upon you as irrefutable proof is not enough. It is the softness and humility of heart that comes by belief through faith which pleases God.

Every day we see miracles. Gravity is a perpetual miracle which has all the hallmarks of a supernatural force and yet you do not believe. The fact that the universe can spin around us in 24 hours is a perpetual miracle. For those who believe in a rotating earth, this too if it were true could only occur through a perpetual miracle. Miracles are our daily fare. The miracle of new life through the birth of a baby. The miracle of music, art, happiness and love. All miracles of the creation which demand a creator.

Miracles which you too have denied because of the hardness of your disbelieving heart.

Translation: I don't understand how anything works, therefor MY god did it all! And if you don't believe me, it's because you're all just stupid poopy-heads, just like MY god warned me about!

The 'miracle', much like the 'conspiracy theory', is the klaxon call of the ignorant and credulous. When you lack sufficient evidence or understanding of the world, you give it a label and pretend you understand it to make yourself feel better; but that doesn't actually help you explain or understand anything.

Why isn't gravity as fickle as your god's morality? If gravity varied and inverted as much as the moral precepts of Yahweh and Jesus, then we might actually expect to see something like the far more massive Sun rotating around the smaller Earth. But we don't see that, and you're too fucking stupid to understand why. But instead of educating yourself you simply label your ignorance as 'miracles', and in effect proceed to worship your own ignorance.

I'll say that again: You label your own ignorance as 'miracles' and proceed to worship them.

This is why you don't understand how gravity works.

This is why you don't understand how evolution works.

This is why you know so little of your own professed Catholicism.

You don't worship any god, you worship your own ignorance that you have disguised and interpreted as your god. Your own personal Jesus, so to speak.

Go take your ignorance elsewhere. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Gravity is by definition the opposite of a miracle. It's the ordinary behaviour of the laws of physics, not some exception to those laws. What else is a miracle? Electronics? High speed communication? Healthy babies? Stillbirths?

If you're going to talk about miracles you need to start thinking clearly about what you mean by the term.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.