Ron Wyatt Finds The Blood Of Christ,Won't Produce It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 02:34 PM
RE: Ron Wyatt Finds The Blood Of Christ,Won't Produce It
(06-11-2013 02:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 02:25 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  1) They did believe in future prophesy because every single person on this forum knows they were waiting for a political Messiah! That's why there were zealots and etc. The Qumran'ers were waiting for a Messiah as well, and anyone who says the authors of the Dead Sea Scrolls weren't in a monastic community awaiting the fulfillment of future Messianic prophecies would be laughed out of any kind of conservative or liberal scrolls conference.

2) BB, telling me what most scholars believe is still an ad populum argument. If you can tell me why they believe it we can debate it. Until then, you're simply asserting that a group of scholars believes something--and doing so without providing any reasons.

Wrong again. The fact that one radical community was expecting a political messiah in no way legitimates the concept of "prophecy as fortune telling". Do try again. I know you will. As far as explaining things to you, I won't bother. Fundie "prophesy" bs is not a part of ANY mainline course on the OT. I don't have to provide reasons. Anyone with a background in the subject, including most college Freshmen get that. That fact you don't speaks only of your lack of education on the subject. You didn't even try to refute ANY of the references to the scholars I gave you above. You really are a dishonest/desperate troll.

Take this for example from 2 Chronicles 7:

When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.

Around eighth grade, we both learned to recognize the above language of If... then statements. The verses above read: "When I... if... then... I will... now I will listen to see if you pray."

Please explain how all this if... then language is all not a true statement of any future-telling but an encouragement to the contemporaries who heard it. And if so, why did they write it down and "Teach it their children" and "Bind it on their hands and foreheads and the walls of their homes".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 03:30 PM
(07-11-2013 02:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(06-11-2013 02:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong again. The fact that one radical community was expecting a political messiah in no way legitimates the concept of "prophecy as fortune telling". Do try again. I know you will. As far as explaining things to you, I won't bother. Fundie "prophesy" bs is not a part of ANY mainline course on the OT. I don't have to provide reasons. Anyone with a background in the subject, including most college Freshmen get that. That fact you don't speaks only of your lack of education on the subject. You didn't even try to refute ANY of the references to the scholars I gave you above. You really are a dishonest/desperate troll.

Take this for example from 2 Chronicles 7:

When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.

Around eighth grade, we both learned to recognize the above language of If... then statements. The verses above read: "When I... if... then... I will... now I will listen to see if you pray."

Please explain how all this if... then language is all not a true statement of any future-telling but an encouragement to the contemporaries who heard it. And if so, why did they write it down and "Teach it their children" and "Bind it on their hands and foreheads and the walls of their homes".

Weeping
So tell us then, which locust invasion EXACTLY, were they referring to , and how many locusts would qualify for it to be "fulfilled, and how would they know ? Your continued inability to see the difference between "advice", and factual prediction speaks only of your low IQ. I will no longer bother with you. I'm done. I hand my troll-controll task over to someone else. You are on ignore. You are the most pathetically obtuse, purposefully ignorant, troll ever to grace this site. I will however print out some of your bullshit, and take it to class, and we will have a good laugh over the likes of SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke, who could never get through his idiot fundie skull the nuances of ancient cultures, and their literature, because he NEEDED, more than anything, like the Ugly American, to have it only HIS way, to understand all cultures ONLY in his simplistic childish literal way, or his pathetic world falls apart. TTFN. And to think I actually entertained for about 2 seconds, debating the likes of you. LMAO.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-11-2013, 03:33 PM
(07-11-2013 03:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 02:34 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Take this for example from 2 Chronicles 7:

Weeping
So tell us then, which locust invasion EXACTLY, were they referring to , and how many locusts would qualify for it to be "fulfilled, and how would they know ? Your continued inability to see the difference between "advice", and factual prediction speaks only of your low IQ. I will no longer bother with you. I'm done. I hand my troll-controll task over to someone else. You are on ignore. You are the most pathetically obtuse, purposefully ignorant, troll ever to grace this site. I will however print out some of your bullshit, and take it to class, and we will have a good laugh over the likes of SexuallyPleasingJebusTrollJoke, who could never get through his idiot fundie skull the nuances of ancient cultures, and their literature, because he NEEDED, more than anything, like the Ugly American, to have it only HIS way, to understand all cultures ONLY in his simplistic childish literal way, or his pathetic world falls apart. TTFN. And to think I actually entertained for about 2 seconds, debating the likes of you. LMAO.

You further don't understand "if... or" statements. There was a drought of rain under Elijah, there was a locust invasion under Joel. Yet you claim you are conversant with the scriptures?
07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
(07-11-2013 03:33 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 03:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Weeping

You further don't understand "if... or" statements. There was a drought of rain under Elijah, there was a locust invasion under Joel. Yet you claim you are conversant with the scriptures?

I fully understand them. What you are utterly unable to recognize is that they are no more meaningful than "If Pleasy takes another dump on TTA, he will have to wipe his ass again".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.