Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2015, 08:20 AM
RE: Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting
(05-12-2015 07:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 05:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Really???

Yes, really (I live in England, have done my entire life)

(05-12-2015 05:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Give me a complete breakdown of what it takes for you to buy and own an AR-15, a Glock 20, a 98 Mauser (in 8mm) a Ruger Red Label 12 gauge, a Smith and Wesson model 29 and a Beretta Neos 22 caliber semi-auto pistol........

You can't legally own any of those guns here in the UK.

(05-12-2015 05:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And before you bark "THATS AN ARSENAL" --- that would be a small fraction of the guns that I own -- a modest collection ---- and I've been out of work since 2001...............

Each to their own. I wasn't passing judgement on who or why. I was just answering your claim that to own a gun here in the UK you need to be rich, which is just not the case at all.

If you want to know what guns you can own here in the UK, google is your friend, answers just a click away.

What guns can you own??? A single shot 22??? And lemme guess -- you have to keep it and the ammo in different counties, the bolt in a bank lock box and you must beg permission from the queen to allow you the privilege of buying one bullet a year (for 300 pounds) and shoot it at an "approved range" under the supervision of the local constabulary, your psychiatrist and at least 2 MPs who can later comment to the press on what a wonderful "Free country" you have....

Must be nice...

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-12-2015, 08:43 AM
(06-12-2015 08:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What guns can you own??? A single shot 22??? And lemme guess -- you have to keep it and the ammo in different counties, the bolt in a bank lock box and you must beg permission from the queen to allow you the privilege of buying one bullet a year (for 300 pounds) and shoot it at an "approved range" under the supervision of the local constabulary, your psychiatrist and at least 2 MPs who can later comment to the press on what a wonderful "Free country" you have....

Must be nice...

Rolleyes

Dude...... like WTF!?!?!?

I only pulled you up on a statement you made that you have to be rich to own a gun in England. Now you are attempting to belittle the country that I just so happened to be born in, even though I haven't even voiced my opinion in this thread about guns in your country.

Dude, in your own free time you can shoot my little ponies out of your dick for all it matters to me Drinking Beverage

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
06-12-2015, 08:53 AM
(06-12-2015 08:43 AM)bemore Wrote:  [

Dude...... like WTF!?!?!?

I only pulled you up on a statement you made that you have to be rich to own a gun in England. Now you are attempting to belittle the country that I just so happened to be born in, even though I haven't even voiced my opinion in this thread about guns in your country.

Dude, in your own free time you can shoot my little ponies out of your dick for all it matters to me Drinking Beverage
You say they CAN own guns.

Not true -- they can own a very limited type -- low/no capacity guns, of limited calibers - and NO handguns. And you're going to spend a LOT - and go through a lot of hoops to do it......

I don't find that "sensible" or "free" .... I find it draconian....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-12-2015, 09:22 AM
(06-12-2015 08:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You say they CAN own guns.

Not true -- they can own a very limited type -- low/no capacity guns, of limited calibers - and NO handguns. And you're going to spend a LOT - and go through a lot of hoops to do it......

I don't find that "sensible" or "free" .... I find it draconian....

We live in two separate cultures. You have the constitution and your right to bear arms (to defend yourself with, alongside hunting I guess) and you have been brought up in that environment.

I've been raised in a system where guns are only allowed for hunting purposes. I think the system we have is sensible. Im not comparing our system to your's as I know very little of what needs to happen for gun ownership in the US.

Either my signature is ringing true and I am misinterpreting what you are saying but you are coming across as quite hostile with regards to defending your position with me, even though I have not challenged it.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
06-12-2015, 09:38 AM
(05-12-2015 04:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 03:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The laws that need to be put in place limit access

Exactly. 100% correct.

That's why France never has terrorist attacks with firearms.

Oh wait.

The simple fact is no gun law will ever stop a terrorist. They're terrorists. They WILL NOT FOLLOW THE LAW. They'll steal them. They'll smuggle them from Mexico. They'll buy them from gang bangers down on the corner. It's a pipe dream. Gun laws do nothing to prevent crime or terrorism. Background checks do one thing: They stop people with felonies from purchasing a gun LEGALLY. No law on the books or imagined would have stopped any terrorist or mass shooter or active shooter in recent memory. It's a complete waste of time and effort.

Just call it for what it is. Full gun control/gun bans is the dream of the left so they can have complete control of the populace. So they can pass any laws they want without fear of a public uprising.

Your “throwing my hands up in the air because this problem can’t be fixed” is narrow minded and short sighted and ignores the statistics from Australia after they banned assault rifles in 1996.

"In the 18 years before the Port Arthur attack and passage of the NFA, Australians endured 13 mass shootings, claiming 112 lives. In the years following the bans and buybacks, firearm-related deaths plummeted, and mass shootings became largely a thing of the past.

In 2012, the Guardian published new statistics drawn from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and Small Arms Survey showing only "30 homicides by firearm" annually in Australia, or "0.14 per 100,000 population."

The U.S. statistics are bloated by comparison. Over the same period, Americans suffered "9,146 homicides by firearm," at a rate of 2.97 for every 100,000 people. Sixty percent of murders in the U.S. are committed with a gun, according to the Guardian, compared to 11.5% in Australia.”

2.97/0.14 = 21.2 times as many. The math isn’t on your side.

As for the government fearing public uprisings, citation please.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-12-2015, 10:53 AM
(06-12-2015 08:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 07:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  Yes, really (I live in England, have done my entire life)

You can't legally own any of those guns here in the UK.

Each to their own. I wasn't passing judgement on who or why. I was just answering your claim that to own a gun here in the UK you need to be rich, which is just not the case at all.

If you want to know what guns you can own here in the UK, google is your friend, answers just a click away.

What guns can you own??? A single shot 22??? And lemme guess -- you have to keep it and the ammo in different counties, the bolt in a bank lock box and you must beg permission from the queen to allow you the privilege of buying one bullet a year (for 300 pounds) and shoot it at an "approved range" under the supervision of the local constabulary, your psychiatrist and at least 2 MPs who can later comment to the press on what a wonderful "Free country" you have....

Must be nice...

Rolleyes

You got yourself all confused. Seems that you think ability to own a gun is some kind of a measure for freedom.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
06-12-2015, 11:04 AM
So I got me this security clearance and as long as I register it with the ATF I can own my own personal .50 caliber machine gun. If I start a GoFundMe site to cover the ammo I'll have the best bunker in the neighborhood.

#sigh
06-12-2015, 11:46 AM
(06-12-2015 10:53 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You got yourself all confused. Seems that you think ability to own a gun is some kind of a measure for freedom.

#sigh
06-12-2015, 11:47 AM
(06-12-2015 09:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 04:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Exactly. 100% correct.

That's why France never has terrorist attacks with firearms.

Oh wait.

The simple fact is no gun law will ever stop a terrorist. They're terrorists. They WILL NOT FOLLOW THE LAW. They'll steal them. They'll smuggle them from Mexico. They'll buy them from gang bangers down on the corner. It's a pipe dream. Gun laws do nothing to prevent crime or terrorism. Background checks do one thing: They stop people with felonies from purchasing a gun LEGALLY. No law on the books or imagined would have stopped any terrorist or mass shooter or active shooter in recent memory. It's a complete waste of time and effort.

Just call it for what it is. Full gun control/gun bans is the dream of the left so they can have complete control of the populace. So they can pass any laws they want without fear of a public uprising.

Your “throwing my hands up in the air because this problem can’t be fixed” is narrow minded and short sighted and ignores the statistics from Australia after they banned assault rifles in 1996.

"In the 18 years before the Port Arthur attack and passage of the NFA, Australians endured 13 mass shootings, claiming 112 lives. In the years following the bans and buybacks, firearm-related deaths plummeted, and mass shootings became largely a thing of the past.

In 2012, the Guardian published new statistics drawn from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and Small Arms Survey showing only "30 homicides by firearm" annually in Australia, or "0.14 per 100,000 population."

The U.S. statistics are bloated by comparison. Over the same period, Americans suffered "9,146 homicides by firearm," at a rate of 2.97 for every 100,000 people. Sixty percent of murders in the U.S. are committed with a gun, according to the Guardian, compared to 11.5% in Australia.”

2.97/0.14 = 21.2 times as many. The math isn’t on your side.

As for the government fearing public uprisings, citation please.

You just proved my point. You all want total gun bans, Australian style. But you know it will never happen. Americans are not Australian. The second that law passed you'd have civil war. You know it. The politicians know it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
06-12-2015, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 11:57 AM by GirlyMan.)
(06-12-2015 10:53 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You got yourself all confused. Seems that you think ability to own a gun is some kind of a measure for freedom.

Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

#sigh