Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 04:46 AM
RE: At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting
Can we stop getting lost in motive, it does not matter if this was a pissed off worker, or political or religiously motivated or a whackjob, this is about the shear volume of guns and ease of access.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 04:54 AM
The gun issue is a big misdirection here. These people had explosives rigged to blow. If they didn't have access to guns it still wouldn't have stopped them from carrying out their cruel will with any other form of weaponry

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 3 users Like Octapulse's post
03-12-2015, 05:04 AM
(03-12-2015 04:54 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  The gun issue is a big misdirection here. These people had explosives rigged to blow. If they didn't have access to guns it still wouldn't have stopped them from carrying out their cruel will with any other form of weaponry

YES IT IS, are you out of your mind? 14 dead people shot with GUNS, nobody imagined that.

Now again, this is not about motive, Roof used a gun, the PP shooter used a gun, the VA Reporter shooter used a gun.

OH AND THE GUNS in this case were purchased legally.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
03-12-2015, 05:08 AM
Most gun deaths are caused by lax laws allowing people who are not screened. Cops and military get mentally vetted and and also trained. Far too much of the public think it is as simple as hitting your target at gun range. No, you have to be trained to deal with traumatic events and also be trained to hit the right target, your body does not act the same way under stress.

There are simply way too many people getting guns that should not have them, and most of the time because of our lax laws they get them legally.

03-12-2015, 05:09 AM
(03-12-2015 05:08 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Most gun deaths are caused by lax laws allowing people who are not screened. Cops and military get mentally vetted and and also trained. Far too much of the public think it is as simple as hitting your target at gun range. No, you have to be trained to deal with traumatic events and also be trained to hit the right target, your body does not act the same way under stress.

There are simply way too many people getting guns that should not have them, and most of the time because of our lax laws they get them legally.

You're thinking local, not global. Look at Africa and the Middle east.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2015, 05:13 AM
(03-12-2015 05:08 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  There are simply way too many people getting guns that should not have them, and most of the time because of our lax laws they get them legally.

Laws do not do anything to stop the lawless from possessing guns. If they did, nobody would be able to get access to drugs because of the stiff laws put in place to stop drugs

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
03-12-2015, 05:27 AM
(03-12-2015 05:13 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:08 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  There are simply way too many people getting guns that should not have them, and most of the time because of our lax laws they get them legally.

Laws do not do anything to stop the lawless from possessing guns. If they did, nobody would be able to get access to drugs because of the stiff laws put in place to stop drugs

No and fuck you, laws do have everything to do with it. All motives aside, if you have no record you can buy a gun, that is what these two did, that is what the Va Tech shooter did, and it is bat shit insane for a woman with a mentally ill kid to have guns in her home.

We make too many and anyone without a record can get one. Our vetting process sucks on top of a flooded market.

I am sick of talk like this, it is coming from a "do nothing" attitude. You sound like the car industry when Nadar told them their products were unsafe.

03-12-2015, 05:33 AM
I suffer from depression and anxiety issues, I am very self aware but most people are not. If I wanted to I could go to a gun shop right now and pass a background check and buy one legally. I don't nor will ever feel the desire to have one anyway. But people far more often commit crimes with legally purchased guns than illegal.

03-12-2015, 05:34 AM
I bet most of the guns used in the Biker Bar shooting were legally purchased.

03-12-2015, 05:41 AM
(03-12-2015 05:21 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 04:46 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Can we stop getting lost in motive, it does not matter if this was a pissed off worker, or political or religiously motivated or a whackjob, this is about the shear volume of guns and ease of access.

As Moms stated earlier, not a place for gun debate so stop trying to make it one.

No! Every day is the time, every minute is the time, this shit has to stop. It should be political because far too many innocent people are dying because far too many people worship an object and put objects over humans.