Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 05:46 AM
RE: At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting
(03-12-2015 05:41 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:21 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  As Moms stated earlier, not a place for gun debate so stop trying to make it one.

No! Every day is the time, every minute is the time, this shit has to stop. It should be political because far too many innocent people are dying because far too many people worship an object and put objects over humans.

Brian. Give it a miss. This is no place for an agenda.

Everyone here is not privy to any facts and it is all speculation.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 05:53 AM
RE: At least 14 dead, 20 wounded in San Bernardino, California shooting
(03-12-2015 05:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 04:46 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Can we stop getting lost in motive, it does not matter if this was a pissed off worker, or political or religiously motivated or a whackjob, this is about the shear volume of guns and ease of access.

(02-12-2015 05:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Guys, guys guys.....

Can't we have a thread where it doesn't devolve into a pissing match about guns between pro gun people and anti gun? You're not adding anything to the topic that hasn't already been said a million times.

This is a tragedy. I don't care if they used tinker toys. Many people are dead, others seriously injured.

Once again...if you WANT TO DEBATE GUNS WE'VE HAD MANY THREADS TO DISCUSS IT IN.

Pissing match? No sorry, if anyone is more worried about word choice rather than doing something they are part of the problem. We as a country are NOT pissed enough to get gun deaths reduced. So do not expect me to care about mere words when death is worse than getting offended. The problem is we are not pissed enough to get anything done.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
03-12-2015, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 08:24 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting
Thread split.

This one is for the discussion regarding the underlying problem / root causes of the incident.

The other one is for discussion / emotional outpouring / speculation as to motive of the incident itself.

Thanks.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-12-2015, 08:30 AM
(02-12-2015 05:22 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(02-12-2015 05:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Uhh... no....

California banned easily detachable "high capacity" magazines in semi-auto rifles..

And the gun owners there, have already figured out a way around it.....

No shit, and? So what, do nothing? I say we take away that stupid law preventing the makers from getting sued.

Why sue the manufacturer???

You sue if a product is defective.

If a gun blows up in your face due to poor manufacturing you can sue.

Somebody misusing the product is the one responsible - not the manufacturer.

You're just looking at a back-door approach to the banning of guns - by making the manufacturers go bankrupt.

And guess what???

IT WON'T WORK!!!!

Don't think so????

Ever seen Jennings J-22 pistol??? It's a cheap little piece of shit - but they do work. They don't make them anymore because somebody sued them out of existence because somebody got killed with a Jennings.

Now -- It's manufactured under a different name. You can still buy one.

Guess what???

You can waste your time suing -- and the manufacturers will keep on building guns....

It's too lucrative not to.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-12-2015, 08:37 AM
Just saw on the news that these fucks had explosives strapped to remote controlled cars. And lots of pipe bombs.

We can debate guns forever. The fact remains that if the guns are illegal, they'll still get them (like Paris) or they use bombs instead. But it appears that these jihad types want us to experience FEAR first. They want us to die slow and painful through gunshots, and they want us to experience fear while its happening. Just blowing us up is too easy. So as long as they want to bring guns, we can at least defend ourselves.

I've said in other threads after Paris that this would happen here. And it will continue. Self radicalized like this nutjob will be the hardest to stop. Although he recently took a trip to the middle East for a month so who knows who he talked to there or how he was radicalized.

I highly doubt this is a one time thing. I think this is just the beginning. Self radicalized and true ISIS members, they're both here.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
03-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Brian,

You need to move to a deserted island so you can get away from all the scary things.

Bring a soccer ball with you so you can have company to rant at.
03-12-2015, 12:19 PM
(03-12-2015 05:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I suffer from depression and anxiety

Brian,

Do these men look like they suffer from depression or anxiety? Of course not. They are real men.
[Image: 877b276c783df7dbf854a7864b482ee8.jpg]
[Image: 8e1d8d86c51e97887034076c246476bc.jpg]
03-12-2015, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 12:35 PM by Reducetarian.)
Those are fictional characters; they live in the fantasies of those who think that more guns solves the problem of fear.

Real men (and women) don't need guns to fight fear: they use intelligence and education, empathy, kindness and inclusion.

Why should Daesh strike the U.S? they don't need to.
The fear-mongerers are doing their job for them

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
03-12-2015, 12:58 PM
I have a theory that the gun debate is how people cope with these shootings. The idea that we could do something about this, if we could just past gun control measures takes away from the hopelessness of it.

Practically speaking, solid gun control would certainly reduce gun violence a bit. Maybe these people kill 10 instead of 14 if their firearm choices were more limited.

But when that happens, people aren't going to be all "Only 10 dead! Thank goodness for gun control, or it'd have been 14!"

One thing I'm interested in, is in the hypothetical world where great control laws are passed, what do people tweet about when there is a shooting? (No motive for this question, I'm just actually curious)

Blog: http://141min.tumblr.com/
[+] 1 user Likes wallym's post
03-12-2015, 12:58 PM
(03-12-2015 12:19 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I suffer from depression and anxiety

Brian,

Do these men look like they suffer from depression or anxiety? Of course not. They are real men.

That's a dick thing to say.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post