Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting
(03-12-2015 01:14 PM)BnW Wrote:  Batman is a billionaire. A guy with that kind of coin can find another boytoy to paraded around in tights with.

If anyone has anxiety in that relationship, its Robin.

Holy utility belts!

I thought batman had a thing for superman...or maybe that was the other way around Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting
(03-12-2015 12:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 12:19 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Brian,

Do these men look like they suffer from depression or anxiety? Of course not. They are real men.

That's a dick thing to say.

I agree it was but I'll freely admit that I'm an asshole.

Brian makes my skin crawl though. He's a middle aged man that still breast feeds of his mommy and complains about scary things all the time.

Now that I've insulted you again Brian, my deepest apologies. I'm sure you can't help it.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
03-12-2015, 02:05 PM
From MMA Fighter and Army Veteran Tim Kennedy's Facebook page:

Dear ISIS/ISIL/Al Qaeda/Lone-Wolf/cowards

Things are going to change.

In the past few years you have become comfortable with how we have been fighting you. Perhaps you think we have gotten weak, or that we have lost our resolve and inclination towards violence.

Here's the deal. We have had to operate within the limitations of things like DOD policy, rules of engagement, Geneva Convention, and the current administration's guidelines. The major mistake that you're making is thinking that these rules are going to apply if you bring the fight to us in the United States.... And now you have.

You do ok fighting unarmed journalists, women, or children. Those that wish to do us harm need to understand that is not how things will be here. If you come here and try to hurt me or mine. Things are going to get ugly fast. This is the country that took Iwo Jima, stormed the beaches of Normandy, first to fly a plane, first to land on the moon. We will give zero shits about you or yours. There are more guns here than in the entire world combined. What should truly scare you is that the people that own them believe in America, the ideals that we stand for, are willing to die for them, and would enjoy fighting a bunch of pussies like you.

Tim Kennedy
Ps. I'm not hiding, I'm not afraid, and I'm not alone.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
03-12-2015, 03:35 PM
(03-12-2015 02:05 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  From MMA Fighter and Army Veteran Tim Kennedy's Facebook page:

Dear ISIS/ISIL/Al Qaeda/Lone-Wolf/cowards

Things are going to change.

In the past few years you have become comfortable with how we have been fighting you. Perhaps you think we have gotten weak, or that we have lost our resolve and inclination towards violence.

Here's the deal. We have had to operate within the limitations of things like DOD policy, rules of engagement, Geneva Convention, and the current administration's guidelines. The major mistake that you're making is thinking that these rules are going to apply if you bring the fight to us in the United States.... And now you have.

You do ok fighting unarmed journalists, women, or children. Those that wish to do us harm need to understand that is not how things will be here. If you come here and try to hurt me or mine. Things are going to get ugly fast. This is the country that took Iwo Jima, stormed the beaches of Normandy, first to fly a plane, first to land on the moon. We will give zero shits about you or yours. There are more guns here than in the entire world combined. What should truly scare you is that the people that own them believe in America, the ideals that we stand for, are willing to die for them, and would enjoy fighting a bunch of pussies like you.

Tim Kennedy
Ps. I'm not hiding, I'm not afraid, and I'm not alone.

I'm not hiding or afraid either, and I don't need to own a gun to feel that way. I have never owned a gun, and I have never lived in fear.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Why do people use the word "coward" to describe shooters and terrorists? That seems to me to be the most ridiculous description ever. Cowards run from trouble and conflict. Shooters embrace the tension. If anything, they are quite brave. Of course their intentions are completely misguided, but let's stop calling misguided intentions "cowardice."

Just sayin,

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
03-12-2015, 03:46 PM
(03-12-2015 03:35 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not hiding or afraid either, and I don't need to own a gun to feel that way. I have never owned a gun, and I have never lived in fear.

What he said.

How come when a lunatic shoots up a college in Oregon and kills a bunch of folks the response is "shit happens" (which was the actual response from Jeb Bush)? But, let the shooter be Muslim and its OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!

The difference in reactions makes no sense. I get these Islamic radicals are part of a genocidal death cult and are scary. But, we have dramatically more shootings from good old home grown non Muslim Americans. The numbers are not even close.

To paraphrase the Joker, I guess getting shot by some lunatic exercising his 2nd Amendment rights is all part of the plan. And, the plan is horrifying.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
03-12-2015, 03:56 PM
(03-12-2015 03:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why do people use the word "coward" to describe shooters and terrorists? That seems to me to be the most ridiculous description ever. Cowards run from trouble and conflict. Shooters embrace the tension. If anything, they are quite brave. Of course their intentions are completely misguided, but let's stop calling misguided intentions "cowardice."

Just sayin,

A coward brings the fight to people who they know to be unarmed. Where they will encounter little to no resistance.

If they weren't cowards, they'd storm a military base and fight other armed people. Or maybe an NRA convention. See how far that goes.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
03-12-2015, 03:58 PM
(03-12-2015 03:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why do people use the word "coward" to describe shooters and terrorists? That seems to me to be the most ridiculous description ever. Cowards run from trouble and conflict. Shooters embrace the tension. If anything, they are quite brave. Of course their intentions are completely misguided, but let's stop calling misguided intentions "cowardice."

Just sayin,

Shooting kittens in a cardboard box doesn't make you a tough guy......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-12-2015, 03:59 PM
(03-12-2015 01:25 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Since this is the gun thread, I'll post this here. Just read on CNN that so far in 2015, that the FBI has conducted almost 20,000,000 background checks for firearms purchases this year (a record). And today will be huge for sales. There is currently a line out the door at my local gun store. Wasn't even this bad on black Friday. There were people in line that said they had never owned a gun before but now they have no choice. I had to leave for work so I never actually made it inside. Lone wolf terrorism will set back gun control efforts 50 years.

And that number has been consistent over the past few years! Interesting.

FBI Background Checks

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
03-12-2015, 04:00 PM
(03-12-2015 05:34 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I bet most of the guns used in the Biker Bar shooting were legally purchased.

I bet most of the guns fired in the biker bar shooting were legally purchased and used by the police.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]