Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: Root Causes: San Bernardino, California shooting
(03-12-2015 03:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 03:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why do people use the word "coward" to describe shooters and terrorists? That seems to me to be the most ridiculous description ever. Cowards run from trouble and conflict. Shooters embrace the tension. If anything, they are quite brave. Of course their intentions are completely misguided, but let's stop calling misguided intentions "cowardice."

Just sayin,

A coward brings the fight to people who they know to be unarmed. Where they will encounter little to no resistance.

If they weren't cowards, they'd storm a military base and fight other armed people. Or maybe an NRA convention. See how far that goes.

For the most part, I agree with you -- these "active shooters" tend to target unarmed and defenseless people -- but try googling "military base shooting". There have been a number of them in recent years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-12-2015, 04:07 PM
(03-12-2015 03:46 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 03:35 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not hiding or afraid either, and I don't need to own a gun to feel that way. I have never owned a gun, and I have never lived in fear.

What he said.

How come when a lunatic shoots up a college in Oregon and kills a bunch of folks the response is "shit happens" (which was the actual response from Jeb Bush)? But, let the shooter be Muslim and its OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!

The difference in reactions makes no sense. I get these Islamic radicals are part of a genocidal death cult and are scary. But, we have dramatically more shootings from good old home grown non Muslim Americans. The numbers are not even close.

To paraphrase the Joker, I guess getting shot by some lunatic exercising his 2nd Amendment rights is all part of the plan. And, the plan is horrifying.

I think it has to do with motive and mental state. People know that crazies are going to do bad things. Mental nutcases are going to kill people. We know that's always going to be there.

Jihad is different. It's war on our turf. Foreign combatants right at home. They are enemy soldiers.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-12-2015, 04:10 PM
(03-12-2015 05:34 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I bet most of the guns used in the Biker Bar shooting were legally purchased.

I didn't see this earlier - or would have commented..

Well DUH!!!

Considering -- that it happened in Texas.

And

Texas does not require a permit to purchase handguns and does not require registration of handguns - virtually ANY used handgun is "purchased legally" in Texas.

What ISN'T legal - is carrying them without a concealed carry permit ---- and having known bikers (and the 1 percent variety) for almost 40 years -- I'd say it's a realllllly safe bet that not a single one of those guys had a CCW.........

Although, what this has to do with ANYTHING concerning this shooting - is beyond me......

Why don't you give us the correlation??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-12-2015, 04:13 PM
(03-12-2015 04:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 03:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A coward brings the fight to people who they know to be unarmed. Where they will encounter little to no resistance.

If they weren't cowards, they'd storm a military base and fight other armed people. Or maybe an NRA convention. See how far that goes.

For the most part, I agree with you -- these "active shooters" tend to target unarmed and defenseless people -- but try googling "military base shooting". There have been a number of them in recent years.

Correct. But only the gate guards and police patrols are armed on base. Everyone else is unarmed. I did 10 years in the military and the only time I was allowed to have my firearm is when I was on duty. It had to go right back into armory at the end of my watch.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-12-2015, 04:20 PM
I don't read threads or newspaper editorials about gun control anymore. When someone starts a thread about evil guns, I just send a hundred bucks to the NRA or I go shooting. Today, I'm grabbing a shotgun and going down to the ranch to kill some quail for dinner.
03-12-2015, 04:30 PM
(03-12-2015 04:07 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I think it has to do with motive and mental state. People know that crazies are going to do bad things. Mental nutcases are going to kill people. We know that's always going to be there.

Jihad is different. It's war on our turf. Foreign combatants right at home. They are enemy soldiers.

I suspect you're right as to the difference. And, the people who react this way have already lost the war.

You don't shoots up a Christmas party as part of a political statement to kill people. You do it to make the people who weren't there afraid. To make us willing to turn on our values. And, it's working. We are seeing more and more politicians and pundits turning on Muslims. These people want a religious war and they are counting on us to help them recruit. The more afraid we are, the more we fear and punish the Muslim community - the vast majority of which have fuq all to do with this craziness - the easier it is for groups like ISIS to grow.

They are following the Charles Manson plan for starting a race war. Helter Skelter v2.0. And, we are playing right into their hands.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
03-12-2015, 05:25 PM
[Image: old-lady-guns.jpg]

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Octapulse's post
03-12-2015, 10:07 PM
(03-12-2015 12:19 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I suffer from depression and anxiety

Brian,

Do these men look like they suffer from depression or anxiety? Of course not. They are real men.

That is uncalled for. Cut it out.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
03-12-2015, 10:13 PM
(03-12-2015 03:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why do people use the word "coward" to describe shooters and terrorists? That seems to me to be the most ridiculous description ever. Cowards run from trouble and conflict. Shooters embrace the tension. If anything, they are quite brave. Of course their intentions are completely misguided, but let's stop calling misguided intentions "cowardice."

Just sayin,

"Bullies" would be more accurate. They only attack the weak.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-12-2015, 06:51 AM
and the cycle starts once again. Shootings happen, we need more guns, we need more gun control, lets just ban guns, lets make psycho exams a thing, lets just ban assault weapons, you are all idiots, no you are all idiots and the whole cycle starts again and no one actually fucking cares and we wait untl the next shooting to happen and start it over again because everyone is an idiot and won't agree to do anything at all. Even if it is something that will not possibly work, we won't even do that much, just nothing. Because no one cares about mass shootings.

In fact, I am starting to think people like it when mass shootings happen.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post