Roswell, New Mexico -What really happened?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Roswell, New Mexico -What really happened?
Professor Richard Muller spits the real truth on the conspiracy story from 1947 that still permeates in the minds of many today!

[Image: RoswellDailyRecord.jpg]

This video is from a 26 part class of his called "Physics for Future Presidents" at UC Berkeley posted on iTunes and youtube. I highly recommend it if you got the time.

Full Lecture:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doci...2602777622

Newspaper article from Roswell 1947:
http://muller.lbl.gov/teaching/Physics10...Record.jpg

Chapter from the textbook on this subject:
http://muller.lbl.gov/teaching/Physics10...07cust.htm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: Roswell, New Mexico -What really happened?
I saw a documentation on the Roswell topic many years ago when I was still watching TV. And they cleared all the questions. Anonymous interviews with the people that where there etc. Was interesting. And of course they explained the whole alien seduction video. How it was made and what materials where used. I just can't remember what the documentation was called. But it was very interesting.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
31-01-2012, 03:27 PM
LOL nothing happened. The Air Force was probably testing some failed aircraft experiment (there were hundreds of flops) and were happy to let the locals believe it was aliens rather than accidentally disclose any of what might have been secret information. It's no wonder why all accounts of aliens are the same. Little grey men with big heads and eyes that use tractor beams to levitate people form their bedrooms into a lab where they get probed. Science fiction has been portraying them for a century.

FOGLMFAO

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
31-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes, it's nuts when you think about it. The science behind what they were doing is pretty interesting. I'd never heard of the sound channel before watching this. In the full lecture he goes into a lot more detail with about how waves, of anything, work. It's very cool. He says part of how the military started listening to the sound channel is explained pretty well in the book "Hunt for Red October", I should probably give it a read sometime.
05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
In a way, the alleged "resurrection" of Jesus looks like the Roswell Incident of its time.

Just look at what has happened to the Roswell myth in living memory: A rancher finds some sticks and foil on his property (think: a kite), calls the Air Force to investigate, compartmentalization of intelligence information leads the officers on the scene to jump to totally wrong conclusions about the wreckage, higher ups intervene to conceal the real explanation (Project Mogul), the officers issue a retraction, and the story goes away. Keep in mind as well Americans' lack of sophistication in the 1940's, especially true for the ones living in rural areas. Orson Welles had spooked these people a decade earlier with his "War of the Worlds" radio hoax, and after the Second World War they found themselves confronted with this new thing called "atomic energy" which they didn't understand.

The Roswell incident should have faded into obscurity, except that some UFO obsessives like Stanton Friedman in the 1970's rediscover this story, interview alleged witnesses and construct increasingly elaborate fantasies about what "really" happened. The sticks and foil turn into a crashed alien saucer, dead aliens now appear in the story, and the recovered alien technology became the basis for transistors, fiber optics and other recent technologies which we know damn well that our people invented in the past 65 years.

If this sort of thing can happen in a literate, print-based society in our lifetimes, then just imagine the kinds of wild stories that the ignorant and mostly illiterate people in Roman times must have told based on garbled accounts of the death and alleged postmortem appearances of a historical Jesus.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like advancedatheist's post
05-02-2012, 06:08 PM
^^^^ I agree AA. Excellent connection of similarities between the two. Great point to be made when discussing authors like Bart D. Ehrman and his book "Misquoting Jesus". I'll have to use that when talkin trash to believers! Thanks