Roundabouts vs 4 way stops

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Roundabouts vs 4 way stops
(15-11-2015 11:22 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Personally I love roundabouts
If there is one popular exit e.g. a path that takes cars to the motorway then the last entry point to the roundabout prior to the popular exit struggles to get space for a car to enter the roundabout. At least with traffic lights each entry point gets it's turn in the sun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2015, 02:06 PM
(16-11-2015 01:44 PM)quoin Wrote:  People have been getting used to them here. All of our roundabouts are on smaller road. What is freaking everyone in the area now is that an overpass is being turned into a divergent diamond. Like the roundabout, it eliminates left-hand turns across traffic. I've been through it a couple of times. The first time was a messy construction zone experience, but they've cleaned it up. I think the light timing will be the biggest thing to make it work.

Divergent diamond?

This??

[Image: interchange2_1393898a_1.jpg]

I'm so confused.Confused

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-11-2015, 02:16 PM
(16-11-2015 02:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 01:44 PM)quoin Wrote:  People have been getting used to them here. All of our roundabouts are on smaller road. What is freaking everyone in the area now is that an overpass is being turned into a divergent diamond. Like the roundabout, it eliminates left-hand turns across traffic. I've been through it a couple of times. The first time was a messy construction zone experience, but they've cleaned it up. I think the light timing will be the biggest thing to make it work.

Divergent diamond?

This??

[Image: interchange2_1393898a_1.jpg]

I'm so confused.Confused

That is it in all of its glory. The lanes switch on the overpass. Everything is controlled by lights getting onto the bridge.

Though it would be more entertaining if the lights weren't there.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count