Rubio Loves This Term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2016, 07:02 AM
Rubio Loves This Term
Rubio loves saying he is of Judeo Christian Faith I had never heard of this so I had to look it up. If I played a drinking game every time he said the word Judeo I would be drunk as hell.

Judeo-Christian is a term used by many Christians since the 1950s to encompass perceived common ethical values based on Christianity and Judaism. It has become part of American civil religion and is often used to promote inter-religious cooperation.

Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negativity...Kiss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Rubio Loves This Term
That is one way to make watching the debates more fun. It certainly would beat a bingo game based on republicanisms.
29-01-2016, 10:37 AM
I wonder if there ever wound up a Bernie vs Rubio debate if he would choose to amp up the Christian part and drop that Judeo element

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
29-01-2016, 12:15 PM
And the Jews been laughing ever since. Silly Christians.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-01-2016, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 12:46 PM by Mr. Boston.)
It's just because he needs the votes of both the Christians and the Judeos. It's also a sort of cute maneuver conservatives often pull as a way to assert that the forefathers built this country out of a vaguely Christian-esque morality without having to make the demonstrably false assertion that the country is a "Christian Nation" itself in any official way. It's a politically-correct sleight of hand designed to mollify Secularists, Christians, and Jews at the same time.