Rubio confronted by an atheist..... & my OP/ED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 05:32 AM
Rubio confronted by an atheist..... & my OP/ED
Anyone who knows me knows I hate libertarian/GOP right wing "fuck you I got mine, trickle up economics". Having said that it is still important for atheists to do what this guy did. However I would recommend different types of questions because the way this was asked still allows our politicians to peddle the religious pecking order that all non Christians are "equal, but a pet or house guest" even if born here.

Instead of asking either party's candidates "what will you do to defend the rights of atheists", because that still allows them to pat us on the head like puppies who should know their place in the dog house in the back yard, ask them if they know things like what Jefferson said about questioning the existence of a god. Ask them if they know what he said about the capability of an atheist being moral. Ask them if "no religious text" means "as long as you swear to some sect of Christianity". Ask them if they know about the Barbary Treaty article 11.

Now, and I cannot stress this enough, no matter who you are voting for, we must not just simply pat ourselves on the back here, we must be more public in all social media, their pages, local and national tv media, here are his FB AND twitter pages. BE POLITE....

https://www.facebook.com/MarcoRubio/?fref=ts

Here is his twitter page

https://twitter.com/marcorubio

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
27-01-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Rubio confronted by an atheist..... & my OP/ED
He never answered the actual question. He just spun it in a way to basically explain why he is correct, but the person asking the question has the right to be wrong.

"What will you do to stand up for the rights of atheists?"

"I won't make you convert, but I'm going to try to make it easier for people of faith to opt out of crap they don't like."
Find all posts by this user
27-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Jeez. Why can't you keep your atheism to yourself? Tongue

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
27-01-2016, 12:08 PM
My god his answer is painful to listen to. He basically starts preaching. The question was a good one to hear though.

The answer however was basically, "Nobody is going to force you to believe anything you don't want to believe, but here is why Christianity is awesome, why it's my biggest influence, and again by the way, Christianity is awesome."

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
27-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Politically speaking ... that was a pretty good i.e. evasive (and of course nauseating) answer.

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-01-2016, 05:06 PM
I saw an article about Rubio being the most liked GOP candidate in the highly religious regions like in Utah and eastern Nevada and other pockets across the country.

I think the mormons just love that sweater vest look.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson