Rubio is out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2016, 11:14 PM
RE: Rubio is out
(15-03-2016 08:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She knows how to get along with people. You don't have to marry her.
Cruz can't get along with anyone. The people who have to work with him, hate him.

Tell that too the young

What are your policy positions? I'm going to assume they are fairly liberal.

If so, you're hateboner for Clinton, while understandable, is so potent that you're actually advocating that you would prefer for somebody that would completely wreck every policy position you stand for to be in the White House simply out of the peer spite for Hillary.

It makes you come across as petulant and petty, like many of my other hardcore Bernie fans who really don't seem to understand that Hillary would totally be a better representative of their politics than either Cruz or Trump. Hating her is legitimate, wanting to vote third party because no major party candidate represents your views is legitimate, begrudgingly accepting her as your party's nominee but not voting for her is legitimate.

Actively wanting somebody that would be a worse representative of your interests and would go to great lengths to dismantle many of the safeguards you hold dear out of a simple grudge against your party's nominee makes you come across as a self-destructive, knee-jerk reactionist.

Of course, I don't actually know what your policy positions are, I would assume they are liberal. If they are, my statement stands.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
16-03-2016, 03:12 AM
[Image: VTyZfbu.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Vosur's post
16-03-2016, 03:17 AM
For fuck's sake America, what are you guys thinking???

Your choices are:

Trump:

[Image: 2016-02-27-1456595899-9124929-TrumpHitler.jpg]

Cruz:

[Image: 10f1053a02aff63c8af62b0168555617485ec4ea.jpg]

Clinton:

[Image: quark_600.jpg]

Bernie Sanders:
[Image: enhanced-buzz-wide-9841-1443003222-8.jpg]
16-03-2016, 04:35 AM
(15-03-2016 11:14 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 08:28 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Tell that too the young

What are your policy positions? I'm going to assume they are fairly liberal.

If so, you're hateboner for Clinton, while understandable, is so potent that you're actually advocating that you would prefer for somebody that would completely wreck every policy position you stand for to be in the White House simply out of the peer spite for Hillary.

It makes you come across as petulant and petty, like many of my other hardcore Bernie fans who really don't seem to understand that Hillary would totally be a better representative of their politics than either Cruz or Trump. Hating her is legitimate, wanting to vote third party because no major party candidate represents your views is legitimate, begrudgingly accepting her as your party's nominee but not voting for her is legitimate.

Actively wanting somebody that would be a worse representative of your interests and would go to great lengths to dismantle many of the safeguards you hold dear out of a simple grudge against your party's nominee makes you come across as a self-destructive, knee-jerk reactionist.

Of course, I don't actually know what your policy positions are, I would assume they are liberal. If they are, my statement stands.

I tend to be mixed between right and left. Sometimes I hold liberal views, others are conservative. Many both.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
16-03-2016, 05:23 AM
Most leaders in the world, past and present, have been incompetent and corrupt. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

'Murican Canadian
16-03-2016, 06:12 AM
(15-03-2016 07:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 07:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  He opposes abortion, anything LGBT, Cannabis, net neutrality, disagrees with climate change science, wants to carpet bomb Syria - he would be AWFUL!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_...f_Ted_Cruz

And cliton is a shape shifting reptilian. I hate both, but i hate clinton more

Why? I can understand why the religious right despises her, but why would you hate her more than Ted Cruz?

I would think policy wise, it'd be more of the same as it was under Obama.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
16-03-2016, 06:26 AM
(15-03-2016 06:46 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Bernie might drop out after tonight as well.

[Image: ubyNodZ.png]

Edit: Updated results.

I doubt it; he has sufficient delegates to wield a great deal of influence at the convention.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2016, 08:47 AM
(15-03-2016 07:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't think with Clinton much of anything would change. With Cruz, we would lose so much we fought so hard to get.

Yeah, Clinton represents the status quo, with a few nods toward progressivism to help keep her from losing votes to Sanders running to the left of her. She's not going to do much of anything too crazy if she gets elected.

Cruz represents conservative/religious revanchist butthurt and would want to undo pretty much everything socially that happened over the last eight years.

Trump represents white revanchist butthurt who seems to like to lump people into groups who can be detained, deported, and/or beat up. He also wants to make it easier to sue the press, because nothing says "I'm totally not a fascist" like tying the hands of the press.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
16-03-2016, 09:20 AM
As I see it, the real question is: Who do you want to be the one to pick the next two-to-three Supreme Court justices?

Keep that in mind when you enter the polling booth.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 6 users Like Reducetarian's post
16-03-2016, 09:41 AM
(16-03-2016 09:20 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  As I see it, the real question is: Who do you want to be the one to pick the next two-to-three Supreme Court justices?

Keep that in mind when you enter the polling booth.

Exactly. This will have legislative consequences for decades. We may well regress to the 70s if we allow someone in who will work to overturn the progress we have made.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post