Rubisco is the most important enyzme on the planet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: Rubisco is the most important enyzme on the planet.
(19-08-2015 02:29 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 12:49 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  And all the while still ignoring the very strong possibility that the first cell was likely to be metabolism-first rather than RNA-first.

This is because it makes GE's entire argument based on the difficulty of explaining how an RNA-first cell came into being completely and utterly irrelevant if shown to be true.

The Implausibility of Metabolic Cycles on the Prebiotic Earth
Leslie E Orgel†

http://reasonandscience.heavenforum.org/...mal-genome

Blimey, I actually clicked on that link and skimmed through it. You really do waste your time don't you. Just skimming through so much text without understanding it, looking for quotes, taking them out of context and pasting them into a note pad.

All that time could have been spent improving your mind rather than copying and pasting a collection of quotes which are meaningless out of context. It reminds me of when I was into woo and I would study the Tarot and Runes rather than study for my Computer Science degree. I would have achieved a better grade if I had not been infected with woo-ism by a new found friend.

You could have spent your entire time doing something more useful like actually understanding what evolution is (you don't), or even reading your Bible from cover to cover or learning about its history.

(19-08-2015 02:29 PM)Godexists Wrote:  Although metabolism-first avoids the infeasibility of forming functional RNA by chance, "replication of compositional information is so inaccurate that fitter compositional genomes cannot be maintained by selection and, therefore, the system lacks evolvability (i.e., it cannot substantially depart from the asymptotic steady-state solution already built-in in the dynamical equations). We conclude that this fundamental limitation of ensemble replicators cautions against metabolism-first theories of the origin of life"

And this is exactly what I mean by taking it out of context.

"cautions against". That does not mean that metabolism-first replication did not occur, rather that this is one reason to consider that it did not. And here you have one single quote and are using that as 'proof'. Well let me give you an entire fucking book.

Into the Cool Energy Flow, Thermodynamics, and Life

And now let's get down to the actual quote.

"replication of compositional information is so inaccurate that fitter compositional genomes cannot be maintained by selection and, therefore, the system lacks evolvability "

That's the entire point of the theory. RNA replication makes an existing process of self organisation more efficient at minimising free energy and maximising the production of entropy.

So how did the existing metabolic processes of self organisation ultimately come about? Quantum irregularities during the Big Bang leading to thermodynamic gradients that form a selective pressure and which allow for self organisation to occur as the temperature cools due to the expansion of the universe. This leads to localised islands of order and complexity.

Let me give you another couple of books:

Epic of Evolution Seven Ages of the Cosmos
Cosmic Evolution The Rise of Complexity in Nature

As an example of your quote taken out of context, please explain what is meant by:

"(i.e., it cannot substantially depart from the asymptotic steady-state solution already built-in in the dynamical equations)"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
20-08-2015, 02:52 AM
So to summarise Godexist's technique.

You have two scientists. Scientist A believes in RNA-first replication, scientist B believes in metabolism-first. Each has evidence to support their theory.

Godexists comes along and says that it can't be either and selectively quotes each scientist's argument against the other theory. He completely ignores each scientist's argument for their own theory and does not admit to any possibility that there is something that has not yet been considered.

Godexists then says that his own particular God did it without actually putting forward any evidence to support his own assertion or explaining how this is possible or giving us any reason to suspect that this could be the case.

0/10 Must try harder.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
20-08-2015, 03:00 AM
AronRa on the inherent dishonesty of creationists (note for the slow/GE : ID is creationism in a lab coat, but it's still creationism).

/thread

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post