Rug pulled out.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Rug pulled out.
Well the straw finally killed the camel.

We have been having some struggle financially for the past year due to my work basically kicking me to the curb when I got pregnant last year. (Long story, really don't want to talk about it, trying to move on.)

We finally thought we had caught up on and/or slowly paying off all our financial obligations. We've been just scraping by by the skin of our teeth. When just this last month two medical bills we had no idea about showed up. Then I ended up in the ER. Then today I found out our financial assistance was being nearly completely pulled due to a 65 cent raise my boyfriend got.....sigh.

So we have to move (due to not being able to eat and pay rent at the same time.) Luckily for us family stepped in and offered us their day basement for a good price (1200 square foot, big windows, full bathroom and almost full kitchen, big back yard for the baby.) So I don't feel as panicked as I did this morning.

Im trying to stay positive, however I can't help feeling like a massive failure. Sad Hopefully we will be back on our feet by next year and can try again.

Sorry for all of this. I had my cry earlier and I just needed a place to rant. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
28-05-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: Rug pulled out.
Uncool.

Hug

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-05-2015, 11:57 PM
*Hugs*
29-05-2015, 05:04 AM
Shit happens, it doesn't make you a failure at all.

I lost my ass several times over the decades. It doesn't feel good for sure, but it's a good thing anyway. Time to re-evaluate, re-arrange things, a new start.

Time to move - that alone gives a new, fresh feeling and perspective. Once settled in, time to examine and set priorities.

What do you really want for the rest of your life? Life moves so fast when you have a little one, it's like a train that keeps on moving and moving until something happens and you have to get off and board a new train.

What's the new destination? How can you make some extra money while staying at home with baby? Or do you want a new job? Does your baby daddy want a better job? Do you need more health insurance? How much can you save (nothing is not an answer, even one dollar a week is helpful)?

What are you good at? What do you like to do? Do you need to learn more? Time to research opportunities.

Don't let it get you down, it's an opportunity to make a better plan. It may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
29-05-2015, 05:07 AM
Oh....

I thought this was going to be about waxing....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-05-2015, 05:31 AM
So very sorry to learn of your troubles.

None of you have failed. Life throws curve balls. Please keep your chin up and try to remain positive. You can get through this.

You have my hopes and best wishes.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-05-2015, 07:32 AM
Wow that sucks. Hang in there. Hug

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
29-05-2015, 08:46 AM
(28-05-2015 11:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well the straw finally killed the camel.

We have been having some struggle financially for the past year due to my work basically kicking me to the curb when I got pregnant last year. (Long story, really don't want to talk about it, trying to move on.)

We finally thought we had caught up on and/or slowly paying off all our financial obligations. We've been just scraping by by the skin of our teeth. When just this last month two medical bills we had no idea about showed up. Then I ended up in the ER. Then today I found out our financial assistance was being nearly completely pulled due to a 65 cent raise my boyfriend got.....sigh.

So we have to move (due to not being able to eat and pay rent at the same time.) Luckily for us family stepped in and offered us their day basement for a good price (1200 square foot, big windows, full bathroom and almost full kitchen, big back yard for the baby.) So I don't feel as panicked as I did this morning.

Im trying to stay positive, however I can't help feeling like a massive failure. Sad Hopefully we will be back on our feet by next year and can try again.

Sorry for all of this. I had my cry earlier and I just needed a place to rant. Thanks.

Things will get better. You'll find a better job, and you two will reset your course.

All journeys have setbacks. It's how you react to them that speaks to your courage and character.
29-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Hug

Wishing you and yours all the very best!
29-05-2015, 09:39 AM
It's difficult to stay positive in situations that seem somewhat hopeless. It seems as though you are working through it well though.

1.) Surround yourself with people who support you. Check
2.) Vent your frustrations from time to time. Check.
3.) Remember that Jesus died for your sins. *uhhhh wait, let's scratch that last one*

In all seriousness, identifying yourself as a failure for circumstances beyond your control has to be eliminated. What you can do is retrospectively review everything to see if you would or could react differently in case a similar circumstance develops. I find this helps me in the long run in all aspects of my life.

Best wishes to you and your fam!

**Crickets** -- God