Rug pulled out.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 11:11 AM
RE: Rug pulled out.
I totally empathise with your situation.
I was laid off from my job a couple of years back and couldn't afford to remain in my home. Very nearly ended up homeless before finding my current place (in the roughest part of the city) at the last minute.

Rebuilding my life is still a work in progress, but the worst is over.

As it is for you I expect. You have a roof over your head and a supportive family. This is a very solid foundation for rebuilding your life. It's a long road but keep your chin up! Hug

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Failure?
Not a chance... you are taking care of your investment with what is available to you right now. THAT is not failure, that is survival.

Dom is right; this might be the best time to analyze everything from a different perspective. When the dust settles after the move, time will help you clearly examine numerous opportunities.

Oh, basement? Stay there as long as possible! Cool in summer, warm in winter- that is your happiest accident.

These will be salad days for toddler Hobbit and her slaves extended family. She will be surrounded by a wealth of imagination.

You're doing what you can - it's the right thing. Just hang on and don't panic.

Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-05-2015, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys.

We knew it was going to be rough when I quit my job. But honestly we saved more money by my staying home then working and paying for childcare (I would have ended up working just to pay childcare, which is stupid) We just didnt take into consideration how ridiculously expensive medical bills are.

Even though its kinda shit to have to do this we both wouldnt have changed our decision to have me stay home, Near is happy he doesnt have to worry about strangers caring for his perfect little girl and I LOVE being home with Hobbit, its been the best almost year of my life! (for the record, babies are hysterically weird)

Dom: I've thought about the money thing. I've looked into at home transcribing part time because I can type roughly 100 wpm (was 112 at one point). Something I can do at home in the evenings when the baby is asleep.

Kim you're right. Shes going to not only have me and daddy but grandma and her cool almost 17 hear old auntie who adore her spoiling her. Also the basement has its own front door and big windows so it will still feel like a home, which is nice

Thanks again everyone for reminding me its not bad to ask for help (I tend to be stubborn in that regard) and the kind words.

Oh! Tonechaser....Ill show you where you can stick that Jesus. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-05-2015, 02:27 PM
(29-05-2015 02:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Thanks guys.

We knew it was going to be rough when I quit my job. But honestly we saved more money by my staying home then working and paying for childcare (I would have ended up working just to pay childcare, which is stupid) We just didnt take into consideration how ridiculously expensive medical bills are.

Even though its kinda shit to have to do this we both wouldnt have changed our decision to have me stay home, Near is happy he doesnt have to worry about strangers caring for his perfect little girl and I LOVE being home with Hobbit, its been the best almost year of my life! (for the record, babies are hysterically weird)

Dom: I've thought about the money thing. I've looked into at home transcribing part time because I can type roughly 100 wpm (was 112 at one point). Something I can do at home in the evenings when the baby is asleep.

Kim you're right. Shes going to not only have me and daddy but grandma and her cool almost 17 hear old auntie who adore her spoiling her. Also the basement has its own front door and big windows so it will still feel like a home, which is nice

Thanks again everyone for reminding me its not bad to ask for help (I tend to be stubborn in that regard) and the kind words.

Since you have a garden - maybe stick some veggie seeds in the ground? If you want to and want help with that, ask. Growing your own is easy and good for the little hobbit, plus the sweetness of fresh picked will please baby better.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-05-2015, 02:32 PM
(29-05-2015 02:27 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Since you have a garden - maybe stick some veggie seeds in the ground? If you want to and want help with that, ask. Growing your own is easy and good for the little hobbit, plus the sweetness of fresh picked will please baby better.

The house actually has a very big backyard. I think I'd like to grow some veggies! Thanks for offering to help. I'll keep you posted! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-05-2015, 02:56 PM

You seem to have your priorities in order, good mental faculties and a desire to do what it takes to achieve your goals. That's more than most people have going for them. Now you just need to do a good SWOT evaluation, decide where you want to be and then make a plan to close the gap.

You might find that you are, in fact, right where you need to be. It is a well-concocted myth that individual family units should own/rent their own individual dwellings and live separately. Many societies are built on multi-generational family groups living together in one dwelling and I think they are better off for it. Less emphasis on having to "provide", i.e. pay the mortgage, and more emphasis on learning to live together, cooperate, and nurture each other.

That being said, I'd whore myself out to disgraced catholic priests for a nickel a night before I'd move in with my in-laws. Fortunately, I have two sets of parents on my side that would love to house me and my girls in a heartbeat if I ever asked.

A roof over your head, a warm-bed at night, a loving family around you, a valuable skill (typing), and a garden plot to put fresh food on the table? Hell, that makes you one of the RICHEST people in the world!

Now take a deep breath and go enjoy your life!! Chase

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-05-2015, 03:37 PM

Oooooh hobbit I remember well when we went from two to one paycheck. It's harder than many realize. Counting pennies so they bend double. We still do...I try to scrimp where I can.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-05-2015, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 04:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
Declare bankruptcy to get your debt out of the way and off your back. You're plenty young enough to wait out the 7 year black mark on your credit. And I don't understand the medical bills. If you're not making any income shouldn't you be on Medicaid? And what's up with the lack of financial assistance from the State? I thought Oregon was every bit as communist as The Peoples Republic of Maryland? No?

#sigh
29-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Parroting what others have already said, life throws curve balls, you only fail if you quit trying and you haven’t. This could turn out to be a good chapter in your lives, make the best of it and thank your family for the helping hand. You guys are going to be fine. Really.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-05-2015, 05:47 PM
(29-05-2015 04:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Declare bankruptcy to get your debt out of the way and off your back. You're plenty young enough to wait out the 7 year black mark on your credit. And I don't understand the medical bills. If you're not making any income shouldn't you be on Medicaid? And what's up with the lack of financial assistance from the State? I thought Oregon was every bit as communist as The Peoples Republic of Maryland? No?

I'm in the process of trying to get on OHP. Baby and daddy have health insurance due to his job.

As for financial assistance? We suddenly make too much to be on it. Really....*sigh*