Rug pulled out.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: Rug pulled out.
(29-05-2015 02:15 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Also the basement has its own front door and big windows so it will still feel like a home, which is nice

How did I miss this before...?
You can call it your Hobbit Hole!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
29-05-2015, 06:17 PM
(29-05-2015 05:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 04:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Declare bankruptcy to get your debt out of the way and off your back. You're plenty young enough to wait out the 7 year black mark on your credit. And I don't understand the medical bills. If you're not making any income shouldn't you be on Medicaid? And what's up with the lack of financial assistance from the State? I thought Oregon was every bit as communist as The Peoples Republic of Maryland? No?

I'm in the process of trying to get on OHP. Baby and daddy have health insurance due to his job.

As for financial assistance? We suddenly make too much to be on it. Really....*sigh*

Sorry to hear of the hardship. Hug

You're not married, so Near's income is not your income. You can declare whatever amount he contributes to supporting you and baby and keep it low enough to keep you qualified for assistance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
29-05-2015, 07:33 PM
(29-05-2015 04:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Declare bankruptcy to get your debt out of the way and off your back. You're plenty young enough to wait out the 7 year black mark on your credit. And I don't understand the medical bills. If you're not making any income shouldn't you be on Medicaid? And what's up with the lack of financial assistance from the State? I thought Oregon was every bit as communist as The Peoples Republic of Maryland? No?

I'm in the process of trying to get on OHP. Baby and daddy have health insurance due to his job.

As for financial assistance? We suddenly make too much to be on it. Really....*sigh*

I doubt that's right. You need to look into that. Girly's got kin in Oregon in similar situations with far more State support than you're indicating.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
31-05-2015, 02:31 PM
Well this has quickly come back to bite me on the butt. The day basement hasn't been used or cleaned in ages. It's super dirty and full of stuff and I've found a bazillion spiders (including 4 black widows, one near egg sacks.)

While I still appreciate the help I'm feeling over whelmed. I don't think I can make this place safe in a month on my own.
31-05-2015, 02:34 PM
(29-05-2015 06:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm in the process of trying to get on OHP. Baby and daddy have health insurance due to his job.

Sorry to hear of the hardship. Hug

You're not married, so Near's income is not your income. You can declare whatever amount he contributes to supporting you and baby and keep it low enough to keep you qualified for assistance.

You are right. We Are going to try again when the dust settles a bit.
31-05-2015, 02:35 PM
(29-05-2015 07:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 05:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm in the process of trying to get on OHP. Baby and daddy have health insurance due to his job.

I doubt that's right. You need to look into that. Girly's got kin in Oregon in similar situations with far more State support than you're indicating.

Well they are unto secrets I don't know of then.
31-05-2015, 02:40 PM

I feel you there. It's hard when you make "too much" to be on any kind of state assistance but yet you don't make enough money to really be comfortable. Hug

31-05-2015, 02:54 PM
(31-05-2015 02:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well this has quickly come back to bite me on the butt. The day basement hasn't been used or cleaned in ages. It's super dirty and full of stuff and I've found a bazillion spiders (including 4 black widows, one near egg sacks.)

While I still appreciate the help I'm feeling over whelmed. I don't think I can make this place safe in a month on my own.

Is the stuff sellable or tossable?
Ask the parents ^^that question^^ ... and it might kick them into high gear to get it out of there. Sell as much of that stuff and your own crap as you can. You have a month to get rid of everything- that's plenty of time for a yard sale.

As for the place itself, it will be a matter of top to bottom with the Clorox. Open all windows and go over every inch. Spiders get the idea real quick and won't return when you hit all surfaces with cleaner.

A basement floor will be cold & hard - start saving for a carpet for the winter. Get it at the hardware store, cut from one of those giant rolls -super cheap that way.

Hug It's scary.

You can do this. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
31-05-2015, 04:05 PM
(31-05-2015 02:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 07:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I doubt that's right. You need to look into that. Girly's got kin in Oregon in similar situations with far more State support than you're indicating.

Well they are unto secrets I don't know of then.

Unless Near reports you and baby hobbit as dependents for tax purposes I see absolutely no reason why his income has dick to do with your benefits. I wouldn't even report it when applying.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-05-2015, 10:27 PM
(31-05-2015 02:54 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 02:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well this has quickly come back to bite me on the butt. The day basement hasn't been used or cleaned in ages. It's super dirty and full of stuff and I've found a bazillion spiders (including 4 black widows, one near egg sacks.)

Is the stuff sellable or tossable?
Ask the parents ^^that question^^ ... and it might kick them into high gear to get it out of there. Sell as much of that stuff and your own crap as you can. You have a month to get rid of everything- that's plenty of time for a yard sale.

As for the place itself, it will be a matter of top to bottom with the Clorox. Open all windows and go over every inch. Spiders get the idea real quick and won't return when you hit all surfaces with cleaner.

A basement floor will be cold & hard - start saving for a carpet for the winter. Get it at the hardware store, cut from one of those giant rolls -super cheap that way.

Hug It's scary.

You can do this. Thumbsup

Let's just say mum has a hard time getting rid of things. That's going to be the hardest part.

Love the rug idea.