Rugby World Cup 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: Rugby World Cup 2015
(04-10-2015 02:19 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 01:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  You want to prove you can take all comers as the world champions. You can't back down from any fight. All Blacks are scary right enough, but... you gotta believe that the team can win against them.

Yeah, but it would be nice to meet them later on in the tournament, like in the final. Tongue

Fuck off, don't want a repeat of last world cup. That shit double the average blood pressure in this country by at least 2 times. Tongue I was watching it with a large group of students at my student halls and as soon as that final whistle blew there wasn't a single cheer but rather a very large collective sigh of relief.

In saying that, don't wanna play them in the quarters and lose and have a repeat of 2007... Consider

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-10-2015, 10:17 PM
64-0 ouch. SA are really out for blood. How about that Bryan Habana huh?
Might not have to rule SA out so easily I think. Will be interesting to see how they go in the quarters.

07-10-2015, 10:47 PM
(07-10-2015 10:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  64-0 ouch. SA are really out for blood. How about that Bryan Habana huh?
Might not have to rule SA out so easily I think. Will be interesting to see how they go in the quarters.

US didn't name a strong team apparently - decided that SA would be going nuts so sacrificed this game and are planning to play their best side against Japan.

SA has definitely improved though. They really got lucky that their remaining pool games were easy. Gave the team a chance to gell without getting nailed by some outfit like Australia. Now they've got a whole 9 days before their next match...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Still 1 important game to play but looks like the quarters are gonna be:

q1: South Africa v Wales
q2: New Zealand v Ireland
q3: France v Argentina
q4: Australia v Scotland

Which I'm guessing is gonna end up in Semi finals like:

s1: New Zealand v South Africa
s2: France v Australia

And a finals of New Zealand v France.

If South Africa take this whole thing I'm gonna be a little pissed that the only team that was able to beat them would have been Japan... ><

11-10-2015, 12:32 AM
(10-10-2015 05:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Still 1 important game to play but looks like the quarters are gonna be:

q1: South Africa v Wales
q2: New Zealand v Ireland
q3: France v Argentina
q4: Australia v Scotland

Which I'm guessing is gonna end up in Semi finals like:

s1: New Zealand v South Africa
s2: France v Australia

And a finals of New Zealand v France.

If South Africa take this whole thing I'm gonna be a little pissed that the only team that was able to beat them would have been Japan... ><

I haven't seen France play at all - somehow managed to miss their pool games. You reckon they can take out Aussie? 'Cos Aussie were impressive against Wales. Dat defence...

I think SA... probably can take Wales, but... NZ... yoh. I suppose we could always get lucky.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-10-2015, 12:59 AM
Meanwhile back in the world of popular sport. HAWTHORN won the Grand Final 3rd year running! Yeah!!!! Whoo hoo.

Them mighty Hawks. Big Grin

"And now, back to net ball."

Tongue

Just kidding. Who is gonna win this thing? Should I take a bet?

(Sorry off my tree until the meds calm down a bit)

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-10-2015, 01:04 AM
(11-10-2015 12:59 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Meanwhile back in the world of popular sport. HAWTHORN won the Grand Final 3rd year running! Yeah!!!! Whoo hoo.

Them mighty Hawks. Big Grin

"And now, back to net ball."

Tongue

Just kidding. Who is gonna win this thing? Should I take a bet?

(Sorry off my tree until the meds calm down a bit)

See, this thing is a bit like the Zimbabwe elections. Unless something goes very very wrong, we can tell you the result before the event takes place. In this case, NZ lifts the trophy Tongue

11-10-2015, 01:06 AM
So I should bet on NZ? They've only won it once?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
11-10-2015, 01:12 AM
(11-10-2015 01:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So I should bet on NZ? They've only won it once?

Twice I thought?

I wouldn't bet - I think it's unlikely that they'll lose but it's still possible.

11-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Twice? Really? I'll check the odds.

Sadly for Muff's, if I bet on them they'll lose! Sad

Banjo.