Rugby World Cup 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Rugby World Cup 2015
(11-10-2015 12:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2015 05:15 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Still 1 important game to play but looks like the quarters are gonna be:

q1: South Africa v Wales
q2: New Zealand v Ireland
q3: France v Argentina
q4: Australia v Scotland

Which I'm guessing is gonna end up in Semi finals like:

s1: New Zealand v South Africa
s2: France v Australia

And a finals of New Zealand v France.

If South Africa take this whole thing I'm gonna be a little pissed that the only team that was able to beat them would have been Japan... ><

I haven't seen France play at all - somehow managed to miss their pool games. You reckon they can take out Aussie? 'Cos Aussie were impressive against Wales. Dat defence...

I think SA... probably can take Wales, but... NZ... yoh. I suppose we could always get lucky.

I just say France because the last two RWC's I predicted an Aus v NZ final and was let down.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2015, 02:51 AM
(11-10-2015 02:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 12:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  I haven't seen France play at all - somehow managed to miss their pool games. You reckon they can take out Aussie? 'Cos Aussie were impressive against Wales. Dat defence...

I think SA... probably can take Wales, but... NZ... yoh. I suppose we could always get lucky.

I just say France because the last two RWC's I predicted an Aus v NZ final and was let down.

Really? Okay thanks mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-10-2015, 08:58 AM
If I'm putting some serious thought into it and was being more realistic I think I would say that I think it will be an Australian v New Zealand final (though it's not gonna happen now that I say that). France beat Ireland but lose to Argentina in the quarters who in turn lose to Australia. And if it's an Australian v New Zealand final lets just say I wont be watching that game. Australia could win it if they make it to the finals (and will win it if we get knocked out early). Mostly because the All Blacks wouldn't have had to play many "hard" teams to get there, I mean we've never lost to Ireland and South Africa aren't exactly on their best form, where as Australia would have had to beat out England, Wales, France/Argentina and than us. And because we tend to put some much pressure on our players to bring home the cup that they choke. If you double that pressure by adding having to beat Australia (our biggest sporting rival) you're just asking for trouble.
11-10-2015, 09:08 AM
(11-10-2015 08:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If I'm putting some serious thought into it and was being more realistic I think I would say that I think it will be an Australian v New Zealand final (though it's not gonna happen now that I say that). France beat Ireland but lose to Argentina in the quarters who in turn lose to Australia. And if it's an Australian v New Zealand final lets just say I wont be watching that game. Australia could win it if they make it to the finals (and will win it if we get knocked out early). Mostly because the All Blacks wouldn't have had to play many "hard" teams to get there, I mean we've never lost to Ireland and South Africa aren't exactly on their best form, where as Australia would have had to beat out England, Wales, France/Argentina and than us. And because we tend to put some much pressure on our players to bring home the cup that they choke. If you double that pressure by adding having to beat Australia (our biggest sporting rival) you're just asking for trouble.

Never underestimate the Irish. True, the game against France will be the toughest yet. Even if Ireland lose, we will relish a game against the All Blacks.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
11-10-2015, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 11:43 AM by DLJ.)
I've found a bar near my hotel that called "last orders" an hour ago but they've left their screen on outside.

So I'm actually watching a match for the first time this tournament.

It's intense stuff.

Edit: match over. Bar staff long gone and left me in charge of turning off the screen.
The French guy who was "borrowing" my ciggies, has just left looking a little despondent.

Just me here now, saluting a very impressive Irish team.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Ireland 24 - France 9 Big Grin. Best performance from an Irish team ever. I'm off for another Guinness! Cheers!!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post
11-10-2015, 01:29 PM
(11-10-2015 11:53 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Ireland 24 - France 9 Big Grin. Best performance from an Irish team ever. I'm off for another Guinness! Cheers!!

Nice! So now France - All Blacks Big Grin Hee hee. France were their nemesis the cup before last IIRC. Ireland - Argentina... I can't see anything other than an Ireland win. So probably Ireland through to the semis.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Quarters
QF 1 - South Africa v Wales (SA)
QF 2 - All Blacks v France (NZ)

QF 3 - Ireland v Argentina (Ire)
QF 4 - Australia v Scotland (Aus)

Possible Semis
SA vs NZ (NZ)
Ire vs Aus (Aus)

Final
NZ vs Aus (Aus)

Seems to me NZ have been plying consistently poorly throughout the cup.
Aus have been playing consistently well.
SA have had great moments and poor moments, perhaps the Japan game was the wake-up they needed. NZ haven't woken up yet. They haven't played against quality opposition and are well under cooked. The NZ/SA game could go either way.
Ireland are having a Cinderella tournament. An unlikely victor but would be a legendary outcome.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
11-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Fuck me, go Irish.
Ireland v Argentina, god damn that'll be a good close game.

I think the only sure quarter finals is that Australia will beat Scotland.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
15-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Well France have had a shake up

Les Bleus 'dismiss' head coach Philippe Saint-Andre ahead of quarter finals
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/art...d=11530264

They had management issues last world cup too.