Rugby World Cup 2015

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2015, 12:18 AM
RE: Rugby World Cup 2015
(18-09-2015 12:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 02:02 PM)Siz Wrote:  ...
*Edit* Oops, just noticed a 'Sports' forum hidden away. I guess it'll give the mods something to do, moving this topic... You're welcome....

Done

btw, do you have any opinion on the current RFU President, Jon Dance?

Is 'e a poofter?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-09-2015, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 03:58 AM by Siz.)
(18-09-2015 12:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 02:02 PM)Siz Wrote:  ...
*Edit* Oops, just noticed a 'Sports' forum hidden away. I guess it'll give the mods something to do, moving this topic... You're welcome....

Done

None whatsoever. Don't hear much about him so I guess he's uncontroversial. From what I see the RFU operates well. At least, in terms of grass roots rugby (which is where I spend most of my time) I've been very impressed. The RFU are very involved and have a definite strategy which I can't fault. At club level the RFU are very visible and accessible. If football (soccer) was run in similar fashion the national team wouldn't be such clowns.

So tonight I have a school parents networking function held at our rugby club. Ironically, I won't get to see the game. D'oh!

Anyway, Fiji, eh?! A good first game to get warmed up. There's gonna be a few bruises tonight. Always the potential for tournament-ending injuries with those monsters... The result isn't in doubt.Sleepy

Swing low...!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton Lavey
If god had meant us to believe in him he would've existed - Linda Smith
18-09-2015, 03:29 AM
(18-09-2015 01:28 AM)Siz Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 12:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Done

None whatsoever. Don't hear much about him so I guess he's uncontraversial. From what I see the RFU operates well. At least, in terms of grass roots rugby (which is where I spend most of my time) I've been very impressed. The RFU are very involved and have a definite strategy which I can't fault. At club level the RFU are very visible and accessible. If football (soccer) was run in similar fashion the national team wouldn't be such clowns.

So tonight I have a school parents networking function held at our rugby club. Ironically, I won't get to see the game. D'oh!

Anyway, Fiji, eh?! A good first game to get warmed up. There's gonna be a few bruises tonight. Always the potential for tournament-ending injuries with those monsters... The result isn't in doubt.Sleepy

Swing low...!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on.

He's my godfather btw

18-09-2015, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 03:47 AM by Siz.)
(18-09-2015 03:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 01:28 AM)Siz Wrote:  None whatsoever. Don't hear much about him so I guess he's uncontraversial. From what I see the RFU operates well. At least, in terms of grass roots rugby (which is where I spend most of my time) I've been very impressed. The RFU are very involved and have a definite strategy which I can't fault. At club level the RFU are very visible and accessible. If football (soccer) was run in similar fashion the national team wouldn't be such clowns.

Swing low...!

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on.

He's my godfather btw

Ooh, I'm speaking to an insider! Cool, can he get me one of those light blue England coaching tops with the little perspex window in the wrist so you can see your watch?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton Lavey
If god had meant us to believe in him he would've existed - Linda Smith
[+] 1 user Likes Siz's post
18-09-2015, 03:09 PM
The Telegraph made this nice video series:

Could have contained a bit more ifno if you ask me though.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
18-09-2015, 03:37 PM
England 35 - 11 Fiji
18-09-2015, 04:09 PM
A review in NZ paper

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/art...d=11515620
"Finally, after what has seemed like an extraordinarily long build-up, the 2015 World Cup is under way, with England making not so much a statement first up against Fiji at Twickenham, more a suggestion that they might be a moderately difficult team to break down."

Article was titled "Rugby World Cup: Match officials put downer on England's party"

"The sum effect was frustration from the Fijians and probably most neutrals watching. This was and will be rugby's big chance to shine and yet it was the match officials who seemed to be wanting to be on the big stage."

"There was more of the same from a set of match officials which increasingly had the crowd of 80,000 and a worldwide television audience of about 450 million looking at their watches."

Now I didn't get to see this game, but as is often the case with games played in the Northern Hemisphere they are often a start and stop affair with refs blowing their whistle on every infringement rather than playing advantage and allowing the game to flow.
18-09-2015, 04:20 PM
From the London Times
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/rugb...561948.ece
"Not many shows are perfect on opening night, and England certainly weren’t here. This was a start, little more. Something to build on. Their lines are far from perfect.

They tried to run far too many of them at Twickenham last night. England had talked and talked about not playing into Fiji’s hands. They had the forward power to grind them down, but they played a different game altogether."

But the British Press are always hard on their own sport stars.
18-09-2015, 10:17 PM
(18-09-2015 03:09 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The Telegraph made this nice video series:

Gotta feel a little sorry for Namibia.

Sadcryface

18-09-2015, 10:25 PM
(18-09-2015 10:17 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 03:09 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The Telegraph made this nice video series:

Gotta feel a little sorry for Namibia.

Sadcryface
They made it to the world cup, and got to play against some of the rugby greats.

Quite an achievement. Go Namibia!