Ruin a Fundamentalist Christian's day...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Ruin a Fundamentalist Christian's day...
New Testicle, Old Testicle - it's all bollocks.

Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come and save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris. Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Stimbo's post
30-03-2015, 02:05 PM
All,

Look at the title of this thread and tell me I don't have the right to let off a little (gentle) steam with an ironic post mocking your atheist viewpoints just as my own were mocked.

Even Chas won't relinquish his stranglehold on his pretense to intellectualism, again as I need to remind him that "n'est pas" is a shorthand quip for "n'est-ce pas".

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
30-03-2015, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2015 02:55 PM by Chas.)
(30-03-2015 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Look at the title of this thread and tell me I don't have the right to let off a little (gentle) steam with an ironic post mocking your atheist viewpoints just as my own were mocked.

Whatever. You are on an atheist forum - or hadn't you noticed?

Quote:Even Chas won't relinquish his stranglehold on his pretense to intellectualism,

Not a pretense - I actually am an intellectual, with degrees and articles and patents and all. I own books and I read them.

Quote:again as I need to remind him that "n'est pas" is a shorthand quip for "n'est-ce pas".

No, it is not. It is illiterate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
30-03-2015, 03:12 PM

We aren't required to pander to your belief, whatever that might be. Yes, religious (or whatever) are welcome, but they shouldn't expect deferential treatment. Your schtick is getting tiresome.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-03-2015, 06:55 AM
(30-03-2015 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Look at the title of this thread and tell me I don't have the right to let off a little (gentle) steam with an ironic post mocking your atheist viewpoints just as my own were mocked.

You have that right. Who said you didn't? I didn't see your post being modified or deleted by the mods.

Do note, however, that we also have the right to make fun of your nonsensical, presuppositional views, and that's exactly what happened. You came to a forum, said some dumb stuff, and people called you on it. Cope.

Yet another example about fundies claiming their rights are being violated when the clearly aren't. Drinking Beverage
[+] 9 users Like RobbyPants's post
31-03-2015, 09:06 AM
The most annoying responses to posts such as these usually take the following form:

"I mean, I'm more of an atheist myself but you give us a bad name by pretending religion is just about an invisible man in the sky. It's not as simple as you make it out to be."
[+] 1 user Likes Pickup_shonuff's post
31-03-2015, 09:08 AM
(30-03-2015 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  mocking your atheist viewpoints
Don't you perceive how much of a mockery you make of yourself when you even try though?
31-03-2015, 10:20 AM
The response usually goes: well we aren't bound by OT law.

To which I point out that Jesus said the laws would stand.

That shuts them up.
31-03-2015, 03:01 PM

Here's the problem, and frankly it's a little mystifying that you didn't see it yourself: you didn't accurately reflect our "atheist viewpoints" in order to mock them. You fabricated a series of strawmen out of whole cloth and then attempted to apply them as though they were cuttingly humorous observations about atheists, when in actuality they were just a bunch of crap you made up. Thinking that what you said counts as mockery of atheists is the same as thinking you're mocking skydivers by making fun of their ballet shoes; the object of mockery does not possess the traits you're mocking, so where are we supposed to draw the humor?

Conversely, the OP contains nothing that isn't present in the bible, in black and white. No matter how christians justify the watering down of their own religion, all the verses are present and correct, and binding commandments featured in christianity. The object of mockery does possess the traits being mocked, and so the humor is not only apt, it's fair.

Do you seriously not see the difference between making observations based on silly things printed objectively in a book, and making a bunch of shit up to irritate people?
[+] 9 users Like Esquilax's post
31-03-2015, 04:17 PM
(27-03-2015 01:47 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 01:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please allow me to help?

*Death by stoning or any other method is irrelevant and meaningless as life has no objective purpose that we may determine.

*Altruism is unneeded. Take what you want, why doncha'? Altruism might have genetic roots but is most likely a social construct.

*As atheists, rather than the hated Bible Law, we can ascribe to highest Satanic law as recounted by Anton LaVey, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." Eat, drink, smoke, rape and kill as you choose--we all go to the same place, the grave, nothingness and being forgotten by the living. N'est pas?

WTF? I think the cheese has finally slid off of your cracker there "Q the insanity".

May I have permission to use that cheese line.Bowing Laugh out load That made my day. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post