Ruin a Fundamentalist Christian's day...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 05:31 AM
RE: Ruin a Fundamentalist Christian's day...
(30-03-2015 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Look at the title of this thread and tell me I don't have the right to let off a little (gentle) steam with an ironic post mocking your atheist viewpoints just as my own were mocked.

Even Chas won't relinquish his stranglehold on his pretense to intellectualism, again as I need to remind him that "n'est pas" is a shorthand quip for "n'est-ce pas".

Of course you can let off a little steam. You can have whatever belief you want, but ideas should always be open to criticism. If you receive a lot of criticism, then you should start to look at your beliefs and ideas to question whether you're right or wrong.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like microterf's post
01-04-2015, 01:47 PM
(31-03-2015 06:55 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Look at the title of this thread and tell me I don't have the right to let off a little (gentle) steam with an ironic post mocking your atheist viewpoints just as my own were mocked.

You have that right. Who said you didn't? I didn't see your post being modified or deleted by the mods.

Do note, however, that we also have the right to make fun of your nonsensical, presuppositional views, and that's exactly what happened. You came to a forum, said some dumb stuff, and people called you on it. Cope.

Yet another example about fundies claiming their rights are being violated when the clearly aren't. Drinking Beverage

Planet Earth calling Robby (with respect),

There are THOUSANDS of mocking, nasty, ill-mannered threads here begun by skeptics against everything and anything Xian before anyone calls me on anything.

It's your choice to buck the tide or to contribute to the myth that skeptics are nasty people.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2015, 02:07 PM
(30-03-2015 02:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

Look at the title of this thread and tell me I don't have the right to let off a little (gentle) steam with an ironic post mocking your atheist viewpoints just as my own were mocked.

Whatever. You are on an atheist forum - or hadn't you noticed?

Quote:Even Chas won't relinquish his stranglehold on his pretense to intellectualism,

Not a pretense - I actually am an intellectual, with degrees and articles and patents and all. I own books and I read them.

Quote:again as I need to remind him that "n'est pas" is a shorthand quip for "n'est-ce pas".

No, it is not. It is illiterate.

I've written and published three books, contributed to others and edited still others. It's all manure compared to salvation, to knowing God, to being self-actualized, to walking in love...

...How do you pronounce n'est-ce pas, by the way?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
01-04-2015, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 02:48 PM by Billy Bob.)
Dear Q,

I freely concede that an individual has the right and even the duty to figure out and paradigm the world as suits him best.
When an individual or a group tries to foist their woo into government policy and law that effects me, then I object. Public discourse is not impressed or in accord with my brand of woo (if any). I must make my point within the bounds of rationality. Fundamentalists argue from a position of dubious authority, which invalidates their position on it's face and IMO allows ridicule. They do not play by the rules, but they don't get that.

One cockroach at a time.
01-04-2015, 03:37 PM
They will just make up an excuse about how you are not interpreting it right.

You are just reading it to make it sound like how YOU want it too, If you knew the bible the way I do, than you would know the hidden and real meaning behind it.

The bible is infallible because anyone who reads it makes any sentence mean whatever they want it to mean. The very instant anything becomes a burden or becomes inconvenient to them, they completely ignore it or make it mean what they want so it does not inconvenience them and their lives.

That is why there is over 30 thousand sects of Christianity and nearly all of them believe they have the secret Jesus Recipe that will get them into heaven and all the other Christians who are fake Christians are going to hell for praying or believing in the wrong Recipe.

Even pointing this out is not enough, because regardless of the fact of what the truth Actually is, most Christians do not care or even WANT to care about what is true, but only what they want to be true. Others will use double think when they are aware of even this fact to still preserve their belief while somehow acknowledging the fact that they know they are doing it on purpose. They really are that fucking stupid and afraid that they will somehow successfully force themselves to believe in god while knowing that they are only believing in what they want, rather than what is true.

It really quite truly is mind baffling to me that they can actually do this to themselves. Let alone HOW they are able to knowingly fool themselves like that.

But what do I know right? I am a Satanic Worshipper who just wants to sin because the devil is tricking me into thinking all of this.

( according to some Christians out there anyway)

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
01-04-2015, 04:19 PM
(27-03-2015 01:33 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 06:06 AM)microterf Wrote:  Saw this on FB, had to share.

I need biblical help!

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law.
I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can.

When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Please allow me to help?

*Death by stoning or any other method is irrelevant and meaningless as life has no objective purpose that we may determine.

*Altruism is unneeded. Take what you want, why doncha'? Altruism might have genetic roots but is most likely a social construct.

*As atheists, rather than the hated Bible Law, we can ascribe to highest Satanic law as recounted by Anton LaVey, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." Eat, drink, smoke, rape and kill as you choose--we all go to the same place, the grave, nothingness and being forgotten by the living. N'est pas?

No, no, and no. Thanks for playing, here's a cookie.

Psych.
01-04-2015, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 04:31 PM by Chas.)
(01-04-2015 02:07 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I've written and published three books, contributed to others and edited still others.

Your point?

Quote:It's all manure compared to salvation, to knowing God, to being self-actualized, to walking in love...

To you. You are welcome to your priorities, they are not widely shared here.

Quote:...How do you pronounce n'est-ce pas, by the way?

Correctly. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Dude, that OP was amazing. I might post it in my local facebook atheist group giving you anonymous credit. Unless you want explicit credit. (actually looks like you already stole this, so I'll just give anonymous credit like you did).

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
01-04-2015, 06:18 PM
(01-04-2015 04:32 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Dude, that OP was amazing. I might post it in my local facebook atheist group giving you anonymous credit. Unless you want explicit credit. (actually looks like you already stole this, so I'll just give anonymous credit like you did).

Yeah, I got it from a FB atheist group, not mine by any means. Share away everyone.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
01-04-2015, 06:20 PM
(01-04-2015 02:07 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I've written and published three books, contributed to others and edited still others. It's all manure compared to salvation, to knowing God, to being self-actualized, to walking in love...

...How do you pronounce n'est-ce pas, by the way?

I'm curious as to what 3 books you have published?

[+] 2 users Like microterf's post