Ruin a Fundamentalist Christian's day...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Ruin a Fundamentalist Christian's day...
It's such a crock to say, "I published a book" and think that it means something. Anyone can self-publish a book.

If we are to be impressed, how about naming the book(s) or provide links so we can see what you supposedly did.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-04-2015, 06:47 PM
(01-04-2015 01:47 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 06:55 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  You have that right. Who said you didn't? I didn't see your post being modified or deleted by the mods.

Do note, however, that we also have the right to make fun of your nonsensical, presuppositional views, and that's exactly what happened. You came to a forum, said some dumb stuff, and people called you on it. Cope.

Yet another example about fundies claiming their rights are being violated when the clearly aren't. Drinking Beverage

Planet Earth calling Robby (with respect),

There are THOUSANDS of mocking, nasty, ill-mannered threads here begun by skeptics against everything and anything Xian before anyone calls me on anything.

It's your choice to buck the tide or to contribute to the myth that skeptics are nasty people.

What you call "nasty" I call grow a fucking pair. It's all just good-natured ribbing you fucking pussy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-04-2015, 10:33 AM
(01-04-2015 02:40 PM)Billy Bob Wrote:  Dear Q,

I freely concede that an individual has the right and even the duty to figure out and paradigm the world as suits him best.
When an individual or a group tries to foist their woo into government policy and law that effects me, then I object. Public discourse is not impressed or in accord with my brand of woo (if any). I must make my point within the bounds of rationality. Fundamentalists argue from a position of dubious authority, which invalidates their position on it's face and IMO allows ridicule. They do not play by the rules, but they don't get that.

My authority, and I hope this doesn't seem patronizing or self-righteous in any way--but when I see babies aborted and I cherish life, when I see young people destroying their futures and I promote abstinence and marital fidelity, when I see hate and war and death and promote love--my authority is a moral authority, and its source is the scriptures and a conscience informed by the holy scriptures.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2015, 10:35 AM
(01-04-2015 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's such a crock to say, "I published a book" and think that it means something. Anyone can self-publish a book.

If we are to be impressed, how about naming the book(s) or provide links so we can see what you supposedly did.

I went to the Yelp site of that Indiana pizzeria today and read some of the 750 hate Yelps against them for saying one sentence to a reporter. My books are not under a pseudonym so I'm not open to revealing my identity via my work. My family would like to avoid receiving nasty remarks from TTA members at home.

I can say I've written hundreds of articles/edited hundreds of articles for popular websites, one of them a website visited by millions of readers (people, not "web hits") monthly. I've published three of my own books and edited others on a variety of Xian and nonfiction subjects.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2015, 10:43 AM
(02-04-2015 10:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I can say I've written hundreds of articles/edited hundreds of articles for popular websites, one of them a website visited by millions of readers (people, not "web hits") monthly. I've published three of my own books and edited others on a variety of Xian and nonfiction subjects.

Glad to finally see you stated "Xian and nonfiction" as the opposing writings that they are. "Christian to nonfiction" is the same as "fiction is to nonfiction". Progress, finally some progress - you are learning after all there Q ball.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
02-04-2015, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 11:02 AM by Billy Bob.)
(02-04-2015 10:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

I freely concede that an individual has the right and even the duty to figure out and paradigm the world as suits him best.
When an individual or a group tries to foist their woo into government policy and law that effects me, then I object. Public discourse is not impressed or in accord with my brand of woo (if any). I must make my point within the bounds of rationality. Fundamentalists argue from a position of dubious authority, which invalidates their position on it's face and IMO allows ridicule. They do not play by the rules, but they don't get that.

My authority, and I hope this doesn't seem patronizing or self-righteous in any way--but when I see babies aborted and I cherish life, when I see young people destroying their futures and I promote abstinence and marital fidelity, when I see hate and war and death and promote love--my authority is a moral authority, and its source is the scriptures and a conscience informed by the holy scriptures.

BIBLE: Man can not save himself, without divine help. Can you, personally, discuss, debate and discern good from bad without reference to Authority? I am sure you can, but you refuse to do that. So you will always fail to make your point to those who do not share your biases. Of what use are you in discussing any moral or ethical issue?

One cockroach at a time.
[+] 1 user Likes Billy Bob's post
02-04-2015, 10:51 AM
(02-04-2015 10:33 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  

In case you missed it, your authority sourced from those scriptures was all for killing babies (born or unborn), destroyed the young (and old), having sex slaves (in and out of marriage), hate and jealousy for fellow man (and woman), war and conquer by the sword, and so much more nice stuff. So I respectfully ask - what the fuck is "informed by holy scriptures" even mean? To site that source for morality implies you condone those acts, or you fell out of the crazy tree and hit every branch on the way down. Which is it there Q the clowns?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
02-04-2015, 11:41 AM
(01-04-2015 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's such a crock to say, "I published a book" and think that it means something. Anyone can self-publish a book.

Yup, Ken Ham has published books I would imagine (didn't verify, don't care, just making a point)...the musings of this delusional, discredited, dipshit of a madman is irrelevant.....its like saying "I have a degree" well goody, that means you spent time and money. I am working on my third degree, it doesn't make me any smarter than when I started, maybe a tad more "educated", familiar on a wide scope of topics, but not smarter, and if I had 15 degrees, it wouldn't make me a better person, than someone who dropped out at 10th grade in relation to ability to think, comprehension skills, and general intellect level. When I slap a theist with the fact that I have a degree in religious studies, and utilize xtian text books as reference for this point or that one, it is done just to put a little bit of credibility behind my statement...more importantly, I cite most of my work, that way anyone can validate the information, its source and consider if they think it is valid or not...because opinions are great, everyone has them, but informed, validated, and cited opinions have a bit more grunt in my humble opinion....because in theological debates it always comes down to argument to authority it seems, sadly for theists they wave around a book of myths, and I wave around historical data, I wonder which is more valid in the big scheme of things? Consider

For example, my common assertion that no one who wrote of jesus, knew him, is worthless, unless I can validate that statement with supporting documentation, study material and references. I can, I do, and will continue to do so. Wail of the Child for example runs by the seat of his pants, and inbetween moments of rare lucidness, asserts his baseless, factless opinion as if that meant ANYTHING.

Perhaps Q should continue his education on the field he seems to be passionate about...mythology. Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
02-04-2015, 01:04 PM
(01-04-2015 01:47 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Planet Earth calling Robby (with respect),

There are THOUSANDS of mocking, nasty, ill-mannered threads here begun by skeptics against everything and anything Xian before anyone calls me on anything.

It's your choice to buck the tide or to contribute to the myth that skeptics are nasty people.

Just a chronological list of events, for those keeping track:

1) OP is posted, making fun of the OT laws.

2) Q posts a bunch of strawman arguments, later branded as humor.

3) People call Q on his strawman.

4) Q clarifies that he was only joking and implies that we say he doesn't have the right to joke.

(30-03-2015 02:05 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Look at the title of this thread and tell me I don't have the right to let off a little (gentle) steam with an ironic post mocking your atheist viewpoints just as my own were mocked.

5) I point out that he does have that right, and we have the right to mock him for being stupid (which we all did).

6) Q changes the subject and says skeptics mock Christianity, so it's really the same thing.

Q: You mocked us, and we all mocked you back. What's the big deal? You act like you're being persecuted, or something.
[+] 6 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-04-2015, 07:25 AM
(02-04-2015 10:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I can say I've written hundreds of articles/edited hundreds of articles for popular websites, one of them a website visited by millions of readers (people, not "web hits") monthly. I've published three of my own books and edited others on a variety of Xian and nonfiction subjects.

I can say that I have a pet unicorn in my closet, that doesn't make it true or false. In case you haven't realized it yet, the only thing that differentiates Atheists from religious is that we value evidence, so to make a claim and not provide the evidence makes the claim worthless to us.

I hope you realize that Atheists are the most hated, least trusted group in America.
People call you out on here for your bullshit, not because your a Christian. Nobody from TTA would threaten your family or yourself.

If you're worried that someone on here might read your book and leave a truthful comment on it if it contains fallacies, then you have a legitimate worry.

By the way Q, I contribute to a website that has over a billion visitors monthly. That's right, I share stuff on facebook on a weekly basis.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
[+] 2 users Like microterf's post