Ruin a Fundamentalist Christian's day...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2015, 07:58 AM
RE: Ruin a Fundamentalist Christian's day...
(02-04-2015 10:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I went to the Yelp site of that Indiana pizzeria today and read some of the 750 hate Yelps against them for saying one sentence to a reporter. My books are not under a pseudonym so I'm not open to revealing my identity via my work. My family would like to avoid receiving nasty remarks from TTA members at home.

Well, that's a nasty little jibe that deserves our opprobrium.

Seriously, you can just go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-04-2015, 08:34 AM
(03-04-2015 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 10:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I went to the Yelp site of that Indiana pizzeria today and read some of the 750 hate Yelps against them for saying one sentence to a reporter. My books are not under a pseudonym so I'm not open to revealing my identity via my work. My family would like to avoid receiving nasty remarks from TTA members at home.

Well, that's a nasty little jibe that deserves our opprobrium.

Seriously, you can just go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

Just goes to show how folks like the Q view us non-believers as evil and devious freaks. Is he that paranoid of us taunting his family - really!? I guess all those christians that stop by my door to tell me and my family that we are lost, and going to hell, if we do not repent and bow to an imaginary friend is just fine! This mental condition makes one pretty nervous it seems!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
03-04-2015, 11:11 PM
(01-04-2015 02:07 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ...How do you pronounce n'est-ce pas, by the way?

Nez pah, with a kind of continental lilt.

Watch a few Hercule Poirot movies. Poirot says it all the time.

By the way, Hercule Poirot is not pronounced Her Cooly Poy Rot.

Sapere aude
03-04-2015, 11:34 PM

So, you'll spend so much time in these nitpicky little dick measuring contests about how to spell French words, and yet you're apparently incapable of seeing that the word "Yelp" is not the same as the words "The Thinking Atheist"? You think they're the same thing?

Besides the very premise of your needless little attack on our characters, I would also add that even taking your statement completely seriously still doesn't add up, as one doesn't need to be an atheist to be an internet troll, or to be passionate about LGBT rights. There are plenty of theists who're just as interested in equality as we are, or hadn't you noticed? Better keep footling on about the French, while more pertinent details pass you by, eh?

Or was shit like that just inconsequential, in your scrabbling rush to insinuate more nasty shit about people who dare disagree with you?

By the way, are you then implying that your books share the same sort of anti-gay sentiment or content as your example? Is this kind of bigotry more of a professional thing to you, than just a hobby you spew all over atheist forums?
[+] 2 users Like Esquilax's post
03-04-2015, 11:35 PM
(02-04-2015 01:04 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Q: You mocked us, and we all mocked you back. What's the big deal? You act like you're being persecuted, or something.

It's his modus operandi, near as I can tell.

Q just keeps feeding that persecution complex of his. Just ignore that people are reacting negatively to his blatant assholery and miserably veiled condescension and just chalk it up to us hating god.

No, we don't hate god Q. We hate you, because you're an asshole.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-04-2015, 07:12 AM
(03-04-2015 11:11 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 02:07 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  ...How do you pronounce n'est-ce pas, by the way?

Nez pah, with a kind of continental lilt.

Watch a few Hercule Poirot movies. Poirot says it all the time.

By the way, Hercule Poirot is not pronounced Her Cooly Poy Rot.

Not a 'Z' sound; it's a soft sibilant.

13-04-2015, 01:38 PM
(03-04-2015 07:25 AM)microterf Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 10:35 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I can say I've written hundreds of articles/edited hundreds of articles for popular websites, one of them a website visited by millions of readers (people, not "web hits") monthly. I've published three of my own books and edited others on a variety of Xian and nonfiction subjects.

I can say that I have a pet unicorn in my closet, that doesn't make it true or false. In case you haven't realized it yet, the only thing that differentiates Atheists from religious is that we value evidence, so to make a claim and not provide the evidence makes the claim worthless to us.

I hope you realize that Atheists are the most hated, least trusted group in America.
People call you out on here for your bullshit, not because your a Christian. Nobody from TTA would threaten your family or yourself.

If you're worried that someone on here might read your book and leave a truthful comment on it if it contains fallacies, then you have a legitimate worry.

By the way Q, I contribute to a website that has over a billion visitors monthly. That's right, I share stuff on facebook on a weekly basis.

I am a paid author for an online site that has about one billion visitors annually - readers, not web hits.

It takes only one nasty review to destroy book sales online. Unfortunately, I will not reveal my identity until everyone takes a deep breath calms down--who am I kidding? Too much drive-by violence here. I like a lot of you but with some of the crazier people I cannot take a chance. Sorry.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
14-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Your site has a billion unique users? The whole Internet only has about three billion users[1]. Are you sure of your stats?

[1] http://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 5 users Like Hafnof's post
14-04-2015, 07:08 AM
(14-04-2015 04:38 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Your site has a billion unique users? The whole Internet only has about three billion users[1]. Are you sure of your stats?

[1] http://www.internetlivestats.com/internet-users/

Q doesn't live in this reality. Drinking Beverage

14-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Wow the Q Continuum has a conundrum. He(she) wants to credential themselves with lots of claims of demonstrated authorship but doesn't want to divulge the actual works themselves. Since Q's name and authorship are already out there in the public domain supposedly, isn't he already subject to unkind statements on the internet?

Pathetic, actually, to be so scared of criticism. It would almost seem like he (she) wasn't so confident in their positions.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley